Warning: Don't Buy an Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker.

What kind of products are you referring to? Any example?

Agreed. But that is not what Amazon Prime does at all. The free shipping comes along with many other perks, but free shipping alone pays for itself in no time.
There are very few, if any , places that offer free shipping...............free 2 day shipping to boot. They stand behind all they do or sell.
First, just about anything you buy from Amazon for more than $35 is shipped free. The Instant Pot I'm complaining about was shipped free.

Amazon Prime costs $99 a year. So how do you benefit unless you buy a lot of things from them each of which costs less than $35?

I don't buy that much from Amazon. Just about everything I do buy from them costs more than $35. So what do I need with Prime?

And if being a Prime member means I would be treated better by Amazon, then Amazon will never hear from me again. So who is the loser?

And what other "perks" are you talking about?

Agreed. But that is not what Amazon Prime does at all. The free shipping comes along with many other perks, but free shipping alone pays for itself in no time.
There are very few, if any , places that offer free shipping...............free 2 day shipping to boot. They stand behind all they do or sell.
First, just about anything you buy from Amazon for more than $35 is shipped free. The Instant Pot I'm complaining about was shipped free.

Amazon Prime costs $99 a year. So how do you benefit unless you buy a lot of things from them each of which costs less than $35?

I don't buy that much from Amazon. Just about everything I do buy from them costs more than $35. So what do I need with Prime?

And if being a Prime member means I would be treated better by Amazon, then Amazon will never hear from me again. So who is the loser?

??? I never said you were a loser. I don't think you are.

ALL of my Prime items that I order weekly (almost)are shipped free, and are free returns.

I get that Prime is not for you. I happen to love it.

I hope you get satisfaction from your purchase. (the return)

What kind of products are you referring to? Any example?

Paul Mitchell, Sebastian, Tigi/Bedhead, Redken, Moroccanoil, some styling tools, anything that is a salon exclusive product. None of that is going to be guaranteed by the manufacturer unless you buy them from exclusive salons.

Good God man, grow a sack. The first course of action with anyone is to contact the supplier, not the shipper. You should have just had them send you a new pressure valve instead of creating a bunch of drama.

The Instant Pot electric pressure cooker is probably a wonderful kitchen appliance -- if it works. I just got one and it worked very nicely -- twice.

I got it from Amazon. When I tried to contact Amazon about it the robot website maze presents me with one choice -- return it. This thing weighs about 35 pounds and it comes in a BIG box. The cost to ship it back to Amazon would be half as much as the purchase price ($100).

I want Amazon to do an even exchange via UPS pick-up & delivery. But there is no way to ask Amazon to do that because their website offers one option -- return it.

Bottom line: Instant Pot is a risky buy. And Amazon sucks!
Did you do some research on electric pressure cookers before you ordered it?

It might be that all of them are bad- or it might be you got the only bad one- there really isn't anyway for you to know without doing research.

Meanwhile- here is the link to the company's return policy
Warranty Information
As mentioned above, I bought this item from Amazon, not directly from the manufacturer, Instant Pot.

I tried to lead a horse to water, but I couldn't make you drink.....

Here's a useful resource to save to your bookmarks: When you come across new sellers with very little to no feedback always check their names here first:
Scam Sellers - Uncovering Fraudulent Amazon Marketplace Sellers
People tell you never trust new sellers, but I found great quality service and pricing through such and yet bait & switch or bad experiences with long time volume sellers with good feedbacks. To get their first feedbacks and profile started they might lower their price, so you can't go by the to good to be true deal type logic.
If in doubt check the web site and email the seller questions to see if you get quick replies in proper english *L*.

The Instant Pot electric pressure cooker is probably a wonderful kitchen appliance -- if it works. I just got one and it worked very nicely -- twice.

I got it from Amazon. When I tried to contact Amazon about it the robot website maze presents me with one choice -- return it. This thing weighs about 35 pounds and it comes in a BIG box. The cost to ship it back to Amazon would be half as much as the purchase price ($100).

I want Amazon to do an even exchange via UPS pick-up & delivery. But there is no way to ask Amazon to do that because their website offers one option -- return it.

I don't buy from Amazon.

I don't buy appliances online.

I go to Target.

I don't want an electric pressure cooker. Too dangerous.

I like stove top pressure cookers.

They are great for cooking artichokes.

Not a Prime member?? If you are and buy Prime they cover all costs. I love that. I use them a lot.

Sorry about the pressure cooker.
Agreed. I've bought several items from Amazon. Great time saver, great cost saver and great return policy. I don't understand the OP's mention of costing postage since, all those items which aren't covered by Amazon itself have been covered by the distributor upon return of the item.

FWIW, I've only returned one item out of dozens (I don't know the exact count). Also, I do have the Instant Pot and have used it a few times. No problems so far.

Books.

I save a lot of money on smaller items too such as the time and expense of driving out to Fry's Electronics to purchase blank CDs, a camera, MP3 player, etc. Unlike Fry's, Amazon also offers used and refurbished.

Amazon Prime video alone is worth $8/month. There's $96 alone. As a frequent flyer, I often download movies and TV series to watch either in flight or on the road in places with slow WiFi.

Hello, I buy on Ebay and I had a problem with a Bosch fryer it did not close completely and I when cooked my fries the oil burst everywhere.
Now I prefer to cook my fries in an oil-free fryer although I must admit that the taste is far from being the same.

Agreed. I've bought several items from Amazon. Great time saver, great cost saver and great return policy. I don't understand the OP's mention of costing postage since, all those items which aren't covered by Amazon itself have been covered by the distributor upon return of the item.

FWIW, I've only returned one item out of dozens (I don't know the exact count). Also, I do have the Instant Pot and have used it a few times. No problems so far.
You are right and I was wrong. Very wrong.

I must revise my complaint against Amazon. The fault is mine for being unable to pick my way through the website to find the appropriate return option.

My granddaughter walked me to it and the result was Amazon issued a UPS pickup order. All I had to do was repack the defective item. UPS came next day with a label, stuck it on the box and took it away. Amazon issued a refund to my credit card two days later.

Amazon is the best and I beg forgiveness for my incompetence.

To make air fries better you need an oil sprayer to spritz a little bit of oil, and if that oil is reused fry oil all the better.
When I don't want to use my fryer for a small amount of food and decide to bake my fries, I use the few times filtered oil that has the fry flavor and put that in an oil spray bottle & spritz coat my fries and use a hallogen multi use oven on toast setting.

I need to revise this complaint. I was wrong. The fault is mine because I was unable to pick my way to the proper choice on the Amazon website.

When I was shown the proper choice Amazon picked up the defective item at no cost to me and promptly issued a refund. So I must apologize to Amazon.

But my comments about the Instant Pot remain the same. I wouldn't trust it.

You are right and I was wrong. Very wrong.

I must revise my complaint against Amazon. The fault is mine for being unable to pick my way through the website to find the appropriate return option.

My granddaughter walked me to it and the result was Amazon issued a UPS pickup order. All I had to do was repack the defective item. UPS came next day with a label, stuck it on the box and took it away. Amazon issued a refund to my credit card two days later.

Amazon is the best and I beg forgiveness for my incompetence.
Thank you for the honest mea culpa. Rare on this forum.
hatsoff.gif

Still love my Instant Pot. Still learning to use it, but so far every meal has been delicious.

Last week I took a whole, solid frozen chicken and in four hours the meat was falling off the bone.

Thank you for the honest mea culpa. Rare on this forum.
hatsoff.gif

Still love my Instant Pot. Still learning to use it, but so far every meal has been delicious.

Last week I took a whole, solid frozen chicken and in four hours the meat was falling off the bone.
When the Instant Pot arrived I performed the water test and the pot worked perfectly. Next day I did a pot roast in it and, again, the pot worked perfectly.

Few days later I started a beef stew and the pot would not seal and start pressure. I tried everything: I even took apart the sealing lock to be sure it was clean. The thing just wouldn't seal and I had to finish up the stew in the oven.

I've found a few other complaints on YouTube about the Instant Pot failing to reach pressure and I notice the sealing lock just doesn't feel right. It's very loose and doesn't engage with a locking feel. It just flips loosely from the Sealing to the steam Release positions. So that appears to be the Achilles Heel of what otherwise seems to be a really nice appliance.

Because a few of the similar complaints I found on YouTube say this problem appeared after the pot had been used numerous times, some three or four times, and a few after several months of continuous use. Were it not for this apparently consistent defect I would order a replacement but because of my experience and what I've learned about it I just wouldn't trust it again. I wouldn't want to take the time and trouble to prepare something while wondering if the pot is going to seal or not.

So thanks for your comments. I sincerely hope your Instant Pot never fails you. It really is an impressive appliance and I wish I didn't have the problem with it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back