Warning: Don't Buy an Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker.

The Instant Pot electric pressure cooker is probably a wonderful kitchen appliance -- if it works. I just got one and it worked very nicely -- twice.

I got it from Amazon. When I tried to contact Amazon about it the robot website maze presents me with one choice -- return it. This thing weighs about 35 pounds and it comes in a BIG box. The cost to ship it back to Amazon would be half as much as the purchase price ($100).

I want Amazon to do an even exchange via UPS pick-up & delivery. But there is no way to ask Amazon to do that because their website offers one option -- return it.

Bottom line: Instant Pot is a risky buy. And Amazon sucks!

Two words....Prime Member.
Two more words -- Fuck Amazon!

The majority of my purchases have been positive through Amazon.
And when there was a problem they jumped right on it.
Hell,I bet I spend 300 bucks a month with very few issues.

If someone has to pay a fee (prime membership)to get normal functioning customer service, that can be considered extortion. Reeks of the ole racketeering business.

The Instant Pot electric pressure cooker is probably a wonderful kitchen appliance -- if it works. I just got one and it worked very nicely -- twice.

I got it from Amazon. When I tried to contact Amazon about it the robot website maze presents me with one choice -- return it. This thing weighs about 35 pounds and it comes in a BIG box. The cost to ship it back to Amazon would be half as much as the purchase price ($100).

I want Amazon to do an even exchange via UPS pick-up & delivery. But there is no way to ask Amazon to do that because their website offers one option -- return it.

Quoting a line from “How I Met Your Mother”.
In my best Robin Scherbatsky voice:
"Nobody asked you Patrice!"
The rest of us are noticing a huge trend spiralling downward as they are to big to get involved with their customers to prevent loopholes for sellers to take advantage of the customer.

Quoting a line from “How I Met Your Mother”.
In my best Robin Scherbatsky voice:
"Nobody asked you Patrice!"
The rest of us are noticing a huge trend spiralling downward as they are to big to get involved with their customers to prevent loopholes for sellers to take advantage of the customer.

When it happens to me I'll jump on board.

I bought a 220 lbs pellet grill the grill quit igniting. I called Amazon, two minutes into my call, he had a new one shipping to me and sending someone out to box up the old grill and take it away. No issues here. I'm not a Prime Member.

Last edited:
Amazon customer service.
866-216-1072

he majority of my purchases have been positive through Amazon.

I described my very positive experience with Amazon in an earlier message regarding a damaged generator. They resolved that situation in an admirably considerate manner, which is precisely why I decided to order the Instant Pot. I would not have assumed the risk otherwise. But it appears the customer satisfaction policy which Amazon built its success upon is no longer convenient for them.

he majority of my purchases have been positive through Amazon.

I described my very positive experience with Amazon in an earlier message regarding a damaged generator. They resolved that situation in an admirably considerate manner, which is precisely why I decided to order the Instant Pot. I would not have assumed the risk otherwise. But it appears the customer satisfaction policy which Amazon built its success upon is no longer convenient for them.

Like I said.
If I start to experience bad service I'll shut down my account in an instant.
It hasn't happened yet.

Start the return and see if they offer to let you print out a call tag. You may not have to pay.

Through sleuthing.... And it is usually listed on your bank charge statement.
Amazon customer service.
866-216-1072
Thanks.

How did you get that number? All I could find when I attempted to report my problem was advice to return the item. No "contact us" option.
Thanks again.

The fact that you had to do some digging to find that number speaks for itself. I'll call it tomorrow but I expect I will be on hold for half an hour and will end up talking to someone in Bangladesh who deals only with credit card issues and will tell me in barely comprehensible English to return the item.

We'll see.

Hopefully it goes better than we both think it will! :biggrin:
Through sleuthing.... And it is usually listed on your bank charge statement.
Amazon customer service.
866-216-1072
Thanks.

How did you get that number? All I could find when I attempted to report my problem was advice to return the item. No "contact us" option.
Thanks again.

The fact that you had to do some digging to find that number speaks for itself. I'll call it tomorrow but I expect I will be on hold for half an hour and will end up talking to someone in Bangladesh who deals only with credit card issues and will tell me in barely comprehensible English to return the item.

We'll see.

If someone has to pay a fee (prime membership)to get normal functioning customer service, that can be considered extortion. Reeks of the ole racketeering business.

Agreed. But that is not what Amazon Prime does at all. The free shipping comes along with many other perks, but free shipping alone pays for itself in no time.
There are very few, if any , places that offer free shipping...............free 2 day shipping to boot. They stand behind all they do or sell.

They sell salon professional products on Amazon too, which they are not supposed to do. They can be fined because those products are "salon exclusive" products. So, a lot of times a salon will go out of business, and they will hang onto their merchandise until the lot numbers expire, and then they will sell it on Amazon or other such online sites, or even to Supermarkets, Walmarts, etc. So, if you see salon exclusive products in these places, look out! They are probably expired or something is not right.

These types of products are only guaranteed by the manufacturer if they are sold in "exclusive" salons. They get to pick and choose who sells their products, and Amazon isn't one of them!

Forum List

Back