War with Iran?

Do you support the US going to war with Iran over their nuclear bomb program?

• Yes. The US must attack Iran and do another regime change.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Yes, war but only as part of a large international coalition

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • NO. not with our kids dying to protect Israel.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • No. I vote to nuke Iran if they ever use their nukes, and tell them this is US policy.

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
I dont want to see another war. I dont see this administration doing anything to prevent it though.

then you haven't been paying attention.

Or, much more likely, you're pretending you haven't noticed the prez getting us out of Iraq, putting dates on Afghan, refusing to get into wars when a surgical strike does the job without HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DEATHS AND $$$TRILLIONS IN DEBT.

Lying rw.

All this sounds like he's a little conservative, we can have that

If you want a war with Iran (and Russia, for christs sake!), vote for Mittens.

That idiot is just dying to get us in another damn war.

AND, don't forget that Clint actually believed that Obama got us into the Afghan war.

Idiots.

Friggin' idiots.

This war is going to be Obama's. Everyone can see the signs, it's going to happen. Whether it "starts" before the elections or after Romney is elected, it's starting with Obama. They know Obama won't do anything, and i wouldn't be surprised if something BIG happens while Obama's still in office. I don't think they want to do anything once Romney is......

You know, on 60 Minutes tonight, they had a person on there who used to work with the Mossad and did quite a bit of stuff to delay Iran getting enough nuclear material to make a bomb.

Even he thinks it's a bad idea, because according to what he knows, not only are there 4 hardened sites underground, but there are dozens of other smaller sites as well.

Even he said bombing Iran was a bad way to go.

No, Iran should not be allowed to build nuclear weapons ... Saudi Arabia is who should pay $$$ for the showdown.

Not a war, just put their facilities out of operation.

Last edited:
There should be a bulk discount for wars.

Usually if you buy in bulk you save money.

Pity wars are not like that.

We could have opt to invade Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran at the same time as Iraq and got a bundle sale. 50% off? Save some money and perhaps some lives?

Seriously, if Israel drags us in another war or fucks up our election over this stupid shit I will never forgive them.

I think we're prepared to live with a nuclear Iran. I also think Israel won't do anything either.

I dont want to see another war. I dont see this administration doing anything to prevent it though.

then you haven't been paying attention..

Smoke and Mirrors, just another presidential slight of hand.
you haven't noticed the prez getting us out of Iraq, mostly by replacing our military with private contractors at a much higher cost. How is that vatican city sized US Embassy doing by the way?

More presidential Smoke and Mirrors, just another slight of hand.

putting dates on Afghan
, Like 2024!!!
US troops to stay in Afghanistan till 2024 some combat troops — will stay in Afghanistan for at least 10 years after the expected US withdrawal in 2014
Not exactly the dates you were expecting.

refusing to get into wars when a surgical strike does the job
You must be referring to the strange fact that President Obama did not seek congressional authorization before launching strikes on Libya. Might just be that Obama thinks that a UN Security Council vote can substitute for American democratic processes. but that is a matter for another discussion .

Really both parties are spinning the whole thing to suit themselves. Just keep in mind that BOTH PARTIES ARE INCAPABLE OF ACTUALLY TELLING THE TRUTH.

Israel has the means to defeat Iran in a war without US help. They will only need help with the diplomacy - Obama would probably condemn Israel while Romney would support them. And this will make a huge difference... Israel is surely hoping Romney wins.

As far as I'm concerned we've been at war with Iran since 1979......

Where did many of the so called freedom fighters in Iraq get their training and weapons? IRAN....

But we don't need so many boots on the ground. We just bomb the living shit out of them, walk in, make sure we got all the right people and walk out again.......

It all boils down to some very simple questions are you worried about what Iran would do with nukes if they get them? If you feel safe and secure that they would not use them or give to a radical terrorist group do nothing if that possibility concerns you then you have a very big decision ahead of you.

If Iran gets nukes, their government will never be overthrown by outside forces. That's key.

You guys can't really believe that e're worried about Iran having nukes. Pakistan has nukes, for fuck's sake, and that cruddy little backwater is as volatile as it gets.

Iran has oil. Unimaginable amounts of oil.

Get it?

You guys can't really believe that e're worried about Iran having nukes. Pakistan has nukes, for fuck's sake, and that cruddy little backwater is as volatile as it gets.

Get it?

Yes but Israel isn't worried about Pakistan. It's all about Israel remember?

How about just adding plain old "NO" to the poll options?

Plain old NO is my vote.

OK, but I like to know why folks vote yes or no. One says we can't afford it. One won't say. I have relatives in the military. I wouldn't trade their lives for Iranian nukes?!

I hear you. My reasons are that we don't need another active enemy and conflict, they aren't an imminent threat to us at this time, we can win the next generation through diplomacy and not attacking them, etc.

We don't need anymore nation-building wars! We need to start hitting countries and allowing them to clean up the mess. AKA the way Russia attacked Georgia! Afghanistan is a disgrace! We're doing dick there! We're trying to build a country and civilization when there has never been any. What we should have done was: (1) level the mountains, (2) Blow up everything that was Taliban or Al Qaeda, and (3) Blast every military expected institution in the country. Then leave at let them clean up the mess. If they attack again. We hit them harder and with more force!

Total operations 3 months tops!

If Iran gets nukes, their government will never be overthrown by outside forces. That's key.

The only exception is Syria, but in the other cases of recent revolution countries all Dictators where old and were standing in-front off succession problems (mostly wanting to install the son).
In Iran the religious leader (like in military institution) is probably chosen by hierarchy and career. Political leaders are detrmined from within political parties that are allowed to participate in elections.
The system in Iran doesn't really depend on Persons and doesn't have succession-problems like Egypt had (Mubarak was 83 before revolution, without a gallbladder and hospitalized many times).

then you haven't been paying attention.

Or, much more likely, you're pretending you haven't noticed the prez getting us out of Iraq, putting dates on Afghan, refusing to get into wars when a surgical strike does the job without HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DEATHS AND $$$TRILLIONS IN DEBT.

Lying rw.

So sending Warships to the middle east is going to prevent war? Going out of their way to attack a film making exercising his right to free speech is going to prevent war?

Obama's foreign policy is actively destablizing the region. You think that's going to create peace in our time?

As far as I'm concerned we've been at war with Iran since 1979......

Where did many of the so called freedom fighters in Iraq get their training and weapons? IRAN....

But we don't need so many boots on the ground. We just bomb the living shit out of them, walk in, make sure we got all the right people and walk out again.......

There is alot of truth here. but people dont want to necessarily recognize conflict the media ignores.

Get it?

Pakistan isnt governed by a regime who thinks they need to create chaos and massive bloodshed to bring the end of times about. Iran is.

Forum List

Back