War tax!

That was their big chance to close the borders and impose strict immigration reform too. Huge opportunity lost.

A lot of opportunities were lost. No other President really had that much of a approval rating to wield. And he wielded to tell people to go shopping. :eusa_eh:

This is the third or forth 'War Tax' thread I've see in the last few days.

The left is just prepping the masses for Obama to break his no tax for anyone making under $250,000 campaign promise AND trying to contort the facts into a pretzel so they can BLAME BUSH for it.

You all are so transparent, it's like you have glass heads.

We said Obama was a tax a spent liberal...and so far we've only been have right...

He's spent and spent and spent and then spent some more and now he's pushing to spend even more on a no reform healthcare power grab.

So now he's got to tax...so he sends out his minions to BLAME BUSH.

This is Obama's war, the right war, the war we should have been fighting...

Those are HIS WORDS.

So if there is a war tax IT'S OBAMA'S WAR TAX.

For crapssake will this president ever take some responsibility?

Perhaps we should chip it and buy him a sign for his desk...

THE BUCK STOPS EVERYWHERE BUT HERE.

I can only half agree with you. The fact is that the bill for the wars had to be paid but Bush and the GOP weren't interested in flipping that bill to the point where they just magically left it off the budget. Why? Because they knew Americans wouldn't be so gung ho for the war if they had to pay the piper in both money and the lives of their servicemen and women.

Why do you think they have been so effective at killing health care reform? I think it's because they are telling Americans how badly it will hit their wallet. That kind of thing works on Americans. Do you think that if BushCo got up in front of the American ppl years ago and said the wars will end up costing them close to a trillion dollars that they would have had as much support as they did? I certainly don't think so. But when you get up and lie to the public and say that the war will pay for itself with Iraqi money it sounds a lot better.

To try and now sluff that major eff up on Obama is a bit disengenuous, IMO.

I can only half agree with you also...so far Obama has NOT put war funding in the budget....he continues Bush's policy of using spending bills OUTSIDE of the budgetary process to fund the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

This is the third or forth 'War Tax' thread I've see in the last few days.

The left is just prepping the masses for Obama to break his no tax for anyone making under $250,000 campaign promise AND trying to contort the facts into a pretzel so they can BLAME BUSH for it.

You all are so transparent, it's like you have glass heads.

We said Obama was a tax a spent liberal...and so far we've only been have right...

He's spent and spent and spent and then spent some more and now he's pushing to spend even more on a no reform healthcare power grab.

So now he's got to tax...so he sends out his minions to BLAME BUSH.

This is Obama's war, the right war, the war we should have been fighting...

Those are HIS WORDS.

So if there is a war tax IT'S OBAMA'S WAR TAX.

For crapssake will this president ever take some responsibility?

Perhaps we should chip it and buy him a sign for his desk...

THE BUCK STOPS EVERYWHERE BUT HERE.

I can only half agree with you. The fact is that the bill for the wars had to be paid but Bush and the GOP weren't interested in flipping that bill to the point where they just magically left it off the budget. Why? Because they knew Americans wouldn't be so gung ho for the war if they had to pay the piper in both money and the lives of their servicemen and women.

Why do you think they have been so effective at killing health care reform? I think it's because they are telling Americans how badly it will hit their wallet. That kind of thing works on Americans. Do you think that if BushCo got up in front of the American ppl years ago and said the wars will end up costing them close to a trillion dollars that they would have had as much support as they did? I certainly don't think so. But when you get up and lie to the public and say that the war will pay for itself with Iraqi money it sounds a lot better.

I can only half agree with you also...so far Obama has NOT put war funding in the budget....he continues Bush's policy of using spending bills OUTSIDE of the budgetary process to fund the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Really? I was under the impression that it was on the FY10 budget ...

War is by nature taxing, on courage and the pocket book.

The brave pay the former, the weak or indifferent the latter.

Suck it up or become a slave.

we have ALWAYS taxed ourselves ..... to pay for our wars.

I don't think taking away one's money through a war tax will incite pain...it will incite a lot of bitching and complaining....which seems to be what some on the left want.

Please name one war where a specific "war tax" was passed to pay for it. I cannot find a single example.

bitching and complaining is what we need, to keep our war ventures in CHECK....

that's what i meant by pain....people tend to be vocal, tend to express their will clearly, through their own pockets....

If the war is supported by ''we, the people'' then there won't be a problem with a tax or selling bonds....

Hmmmmm.....it seems to me the wars were supported by we the people. Otherwise how did the War Resolutions get passed. If you remember....even the Iraq War was supported by "we the people" until it was politicized by the left in and attempt to gain the White House in 2004. Bitching and complaining is NOT what we need. We need unity and we need to understand that sometimes wars are necessary REGARDLESS of politics. Soldiers die regardless of the politics of war....if the country backed Bush and now Obama 100% and allowed the military to go in...do their job...and come home...we would be better off as a country. There's plenty of time for finger pointing and unfounded accusations after our troops come home. At least they would know America supports them. After my 4th tour in the Persian Gulf in 2004 I was sick and tired of watching Kerry blame Bush for everything and I was glad that traitor lost.

Really? I was under the impression that it was on the FY10 budget ...

The Obama administration sent Congress a $663.8 billion 2010 spending request May 7, a proposal composed of a $533.8 billion baseline budget and an additional $130 billion to fund ongoing military operations.
Update: Pentagon Seeks $533.8B for 2010 Baseline Budget - Defense News

The Obama administration followed through on a pledge to deliver the 2010 war funding request along with the annual budget request.

The way I read it...they are still separated.

I am watching Larry King Live and he has former Governor Jesse Ventura on. Jesse is out there a little too much for me most of the time, but he had a GREAT idea tonight. IF Obama is going to ratchet up this Afghanistan police action, then we need to pass a War Tax! We CANNOT afford to maintain thr two police actions we have in Iraq and Afghanistan, so we must pay for them. What say you?

I say where were you when Bush II got us into these two wars in the first place?

we would be less likely to go to war....if we had to pay for them, borrowing the money makes it too easy to send our men and women to their possible deaths.

are you under the impression that war serves no purpose?

I have to agree with Care.

Of course, war serves a purpose, some wars more than others. However, when there is little to no costs involved (ignoring (as Washington has) the cost in lives) those who wage it will more easily enter a war than if there is some real costs associated with the war itself. When you can use dollars that our great great grandchildren will have to pay, there is no real costs associated with war.

Why should we be concerned with the debt our kids kids will have to pay?

I think the war bond idea is better though... or then thinking again... the fact that this war is not as popular as WWII was maybe those bonds would not sell?

Immie

Now the funding of the military and the waging of war abroad is one of the only things the government is doing lately that it actually has Constitutional authority to do. So no we do not need a war tax as government revenues should be prioritized so as to make funds available for the military.

What we should do is institute separate taxes to pay for all the shit the government does that it has absolutely no Constitutional authority to do.

Then we'll see who is for a bigger more expensive more intrusive government.

I am watching Larry King Live and he has former Governor Jesse Ventura on. Jesse is out there a little too much for me most of the time, but he had a GREAT idea tonight. IF Obama is going to ratchet up this Afghanistan police action, then we need to pass a War Tax! We CANNOT afford to maintain thr two police actions we have in Iraq and Afghanistan, so we must pay for them. What say you?

Just what the middle class is aching for...more taxes.

Where did you read that the middle class would be taxed for the war? If you cant provide a link, stop lying.

God bless.

Just what the middle class is aching for...more taxes.

Where did you read that the middle class would be taxed for the war? If you cant provide a link, stop lying.

God bless.

Here's a picture of your brain....
bb.jpg

and the rest of your relative's brains....
heavybb%27s.jpg

Instead of a goddamn war tax (which about 1/2 the population don't pay tax and would not be contributing anyway).. how about cutting unnecessary and bullshit government spending in other areas to properly fund our efforts??

But Nooooooooooooooooooooo... we won't see that

The War in Afghanistan represents about 1/10 of one percent of the federal budget especially after deleting the money we'd still be paying for this self same military were it here rather than overseas.

This is just dumbass grandstanding and a total failure to comprehend reality in the Moslem world.

Are you REALLY trying to beat down someone about lack of understanding reality of a "Moslem" world????

People always complain about government spending - but they are just complaining about the government spending on things they don't approve of - as long as they APPROVE of a program - they think everyone ought to give up what THEY want to fund it.

Instead of a goddamn war tax (which about 1/2 the population don't pay tax and would not be contributing anyway).. how about cutting unnecessary and bullshit government spending in other areas to properly fund our efforts??

But Nooooooooooooooooooooo... we won't see that

"unnecessary and bullshit government spending" like say BILLIONS of dollars a month to invade and occupy Iraq and Afghanistan, perhaps?

Forum List

Back