War On The Rich - Bull Honkey

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
More drivel for the dupes to kiss up to. Remember, eat the oats that pass through the horse. That's all you need.

To hear conservatives tell it, you'd think mobs of shiftless welfare moms were marauding through the streets of Greenwich and Palm Springs, lynching bankers and hedge-fund managers, stringing up shopkeepers, and herding lawyers into internment camps. President Obama and his budgeteers, they say, have declared war on the rich.

On Tuesday, Washington Post columnist (and former Bush speechwriter) Michael Gersonargued in an op-ed that "Obama chose a time of recession to propose a massive increase in progressivity—a 10-year, trillion-dollar haul from the rich, already being punished by the stock market collapse and the housing market decline." The plans are so radical, "there will not be enough wealthy people left to bleed." CNBC's Larry Kudlowwrote that "Obama is declaring war on investors, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, and private-equity and venture-capital funds." Other segments on the financial news network warn of a tax on the rich, a war on the wealthy. My personal favorite was a piece from ABCNews.com, which had to be rewritten and reposted because the original was so poorly done. (The revised version isn't much better.) It quotes a dentist who is contemplating reducing "her income from her current $320,000 to under $250,000 by having her dental hygienist work fewer days and by treating fewer patients. [That way, she] would avoid paying higher taxes on the $70,000 that would be subject to increased taxation if Obama's proposal is signed into law."

Is Obama Declaring War on the Wealthy? | Newsweek Voices - Daniel Gross | Newsweek.com

Its as if they just dont understand that what Obama is doing has been proven by history as a good solution.

three letters FDR.

That dentist eager to slash her income from $320,000 to $250,000 would avoid the pain of paying an extra $2,100 in federal taxes. But she'd also deprive herself of an additional $70,000 in income!

what matters is she deprives the thieves of 2,100 dollars. suck it up already.

It quotes a dentist who is contemplating reducing "her income from her current $320,000 to under $250,000 by having her dental hygienist work fewer days and by treating fewer patients. [That way, she] would avoid paying higher taxes on the $70,000 that would be subject to increased taxation if Obama's proposal is signed into law."

Sounds like Joe the dentist.

Ol BO will find the rich are far more clever then he thinks, every penny he takes they will force a person of lesser means to cough up.

Watch and see.

BTW, this DOESN'T work, FDR was a disaster.

Why do you people think its ok to take more from one person and not another??

I don’t know if it’s OK but -

1 - The poor don’t have anything to take
2 - The middle class just gets by.
3 - The rich have extra.

Better yet....why is it ok to take without asking??

Because it’s the Government taking.

Why do you people think its ok to take more from one person and not another??

I don’t know if it’s OK but -

1 - The poor don’t have anything to take
2 - The middle class just gets by.
3 - The rich have extra.

Better yet....why is it ok to take without asking??

Because it’s the Government taking.

Who say's the rich have extra?? Did anyone care to ask them if they have extra?? Do they have a choice in this..?? Sounds like gang-rape to me. Hey maybe we could all get the rich people to buy us cars....hell yeah!!

Seeing as the government "is" the people....is it ok for people to take from others?? Is it constitutional to take from others what is theirs?? When does this bullshit end??

Why cant I or anyone else determine on their own who and when they give money??

Subject: How the U.S. Tax System Works

Bar Stool Economics

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten
comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go
something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's w hat they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day
and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw
them a curve. He said, "Since you are all such good customers, I'm going to
reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20. Drinks for the ten now cost just
$80."

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes, so the
first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what
about the other six men -- the paying customers?
How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair
share"? They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33.
But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and
the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So the bar
owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly
the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay!

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to
drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare
their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He pointed to
the tenth man, "but he got $10!"
"Yeah, that's right,' exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too.
It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!"

"That's true!!"shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I
got only $2 ? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get
anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down
and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they
discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of
them for even half of the bill!
And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax
system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from
a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they
just may not show up any more. In fact, they might start drinking overseas
where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D.
Professor of Economics, University of Georgia

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Subject: How the U.S. Tax System Works

Bar Stool Economics

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten
comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go
something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's w hat they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day
and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw
them a curve. He said, "Since you are all such good customers, I'm going to
reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20. Drinks for the ten now cost just
$80."

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes, so the
first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what
about the other six men -- the paying customers?
How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair
share"? They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33.
But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and
the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So the bar
owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly
the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay!

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to
drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare
their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He pointed to
the tenth man, "but he got $10!"
"Yeah, that's right,' exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too.
It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!"

"That's true!!"shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I
got only $2 ? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get
anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down
and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they
discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of
them for even half of the bill!
And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax
system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from
a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they
just may not show up any more. In fact, they might start drinking overseas
where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D.
Professor of Economics, University of Georgia

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

and for those who can't grasp lies, damn lies, and statistics , no hope is possible...

More drivel for the dupes to kiss up to. Remember, eat the oats that pass through the horse. That's all you need.

To hear conservatives tell it, you'd think mobs of shiftless welfare moms were marauding through the streets of Greenwich and Palm Springs, lynching bankers and hedge-fund managers, stringing up shopkeepers, and herding lawyers into internment camps. President Obama and his budgeteers, they say, have declared war on the rich.

On Tuesday, Washington Post columnist (and former Bush speechwriter) Michael Gersonargued in an op-ed that "Obama chose a time of recession to propose a massive increase in progressivity—a 10-year, trillion-dollar haul from the rich, already being punished by the stock market collapse and the housing market decline." The plans are so radical, "there will not be enough wealthy people left to bleed." CNBC's Larry Kudlowwrote that "Obama is declaring war on investors, entrepreneurs, small businesses, large corporations, and private-equity and venture-capital funds." Other segments on the financial news network warn of a tax on the rich, a war on the wealthy. My personal favorite was a piece from ABCNews.com, which had to be rewritten and reposted because the original was so poorly done. (The revised version isn't much better.) It quotes a dentist who is contemplating reducing "her income from her current $320,000 to under $250,000 by having her dental hygienist work fewer days and by treating fewer patients. [That way, she] would avoid paying higher taxes on the $70,000 that would be subject to increased taxation if Obama's proposal is signed into law."

Is Obama Declaring War on the Wealthy? | Newsweek Voices - Daniel Gross | Newsweek.com

The second I saw your name on the thread I knew it would be "more drivel." You are unrivaled in your abilities to spin. Rush should take lessons from you.

Pointing out that it is nothing but a big fat lie that this nation is conducting a CLASS war AGAINST the RICH is no crime against reason, Gunny.

There is a class war, but it surely hasn't been conducted agains the RICH.

The most productive working classes, are of course, the victims of this class war.

NOT the rich, the working class is taking it on the neck.

And the working class includes (Oh, I don't know... let's say) 99% of us.

We have a tax code driven by class envy and ignorance. The tax code is founded upon the injust concept that some should be compelled to pay a larger percentage of what they take thanothers simply because "they can afford it". To those who believe this horse hockey I say stuff it up your ass I say stick it up your ass. Every extra percent you take from the rich is one less job for some other poor smuck who desperately needs one and adds another burden to the tax payers for every thing else. It also depresses wages for those who work for the rich as does the fact that there aren't enough jobs to go around. You have to have some government but when it's pushing twenty to 25% of the workfoce it's getting entirely too big.

We have a tax code driven by class envy and ignorance. The tax code is founded upon the injust concept that some should be compelled to pay a larger percentage of what they take thanothers simply because "they can afford it". To those who believe this horse hockey I say stuff it up your ass I say stick it up your ass. Every extra percent you take from the rich is one less job for some other poor smuck who desperately needs one and adds another burden to the tax payers for every thing else. It also depresses wages for those who work for the rich as does the fact that there aren't enough jobs to go around. You have to have some government but when it's pushing twenty to 25% of the workfoce it's getting entirely too big.

and you know who the tax code writer in chief is??? None other than tax cheater Charlie Rangel.. Democrat,, from New Yawk! Yep:lol: oh,, and let's not recall all the other Democrat tax cheaters, recently appointed to positons in high place not doubt and inevitably eating 100 dollar a pound steak every wednesday at the WH shall we???

Pointing out that it is nothing but a big fat lie that this nation is conducting a CLASS war AGAINST the RICH is no crime against reason, Gunny.

There is a class war, but it surely hasn't been conducted agains the RICH.

The most productive working classes, are of course, the victims of this class war.

NOT the rich, the working class is taking it on the neck.

Ya got it wrong, you have only been on one side of the fence
try the other side and see how easy your boss has it . Instead of claiming the working class is so great leverage your life,hire people like you. Pay there social security, taxes,medicare, unemployment insurance, health insurance, Workerscomp travel pay vacation pay
and wipe there ass just like the rest of your children and then tell me how easy your boss has it...

That dentist eager to slash her income from $320,000 to $250,000 would avoid the pain of paying an extra $2,100 in federal taxes. But she'd also deprive herself of an additional $70,000 in income!

Well, you can do simple math. But your philosophy stinks. Gee, I remember a few years when my income was only in the 70K range. I paid a hell of a lot more than 2K in taxes. I would say that dentist is just plain stupid, or lazy.

It quotes a dentist who is contemplating reducing "her income from her current $320,000 to under $250,000 by having her dental hygienist work fewer days and by treating fewer patients. [That way, she] would avoid paying higher taxes on the $70,000 that would be subject to increased taxation if Obama's proposal is signed into law."

Sounds like Joe the dentist.

Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

:lol::lol:

Well, you can do simple math. But your philosophy stinks. Gee, I remember a few years when my income was only in the 70K range. I paid a hell of a lot more than 2K in taxes. I would say that dentist is just plain stupid, or lazy.

say what you want, he still don't have to give it to your DUmbazz! and that pisses you off don't it?? :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back