More people the left can feel good about not protecting.

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
The left continually states that we shouldn't meddle in the affairs of others. In real time English, this means we have no obligation to help those who are being systematically starved and slaughtered. We have nothing to do with their "culture" and most likely the assholes getting killed deserve it anyway.

"Imagine a legal system that indicts a mass murderer but refuses to put a halt to the crimes for which he has been indicted. That sums up the arrest warrant issued this week by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir for the slaughter in Darfur.

George Clooney and the rest of the help-Darfur community may feel good about bringing "justice" to Bashir. But the indictment is an empty moral gesture. The practical effect will be to increase the suffering of Darfurians. Sudan moved to kick out 10 foreign aid agencies hours after the warrant was issued. These groups assist some 2.7 million Darfur refugees and help in the reconstruction of south Sudan, where Khartoum recently ended a two-decade-long campaign against Christians and animists. Three more aid groups were expelled yesterday."
The International Criminal Court Issues an Arrest Warrant for Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir for Crimes in Darfur - WSJ.com

And for those of you who like to ignore Darfur:
The Janjaweed, horse mounted "Devil on Horseback" terrorists who are funded by Sudan and scourge Darfur, kill everyone in their path and burning what's left. They tell reporters the Darfurians are slaves, and admit to what they do and who funds them. They have chained and burned children, including the students of a girl's school, and leave graffiti on the homes of families they have killed, jeering at Darfurian males who were not present to protect their women and children.

The families of decimated villages (who survive) move into camps. If the women leave the compounds, they are raped. If the men leave, they are killed. So the women go out to gather firewood (which is scarce).

And the Sudan government will not allow humanitarian aid. And the international community will not allow military aid.

Children are shot, women raped and murders, people are mutilated. It's been going on for years. But nobody in the US cares because undboutedly, the Darfurians deserve it.

http://www.mcgill.ca/files/reporter/4003genocide3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/blimpman16/Darfur-Program---Main-Photo.gif
http://www.mcgill.ca/files/reporter/4003genocide2.jpg
http://www.zionism-israel.com/darfur.jpg

"Events that led to the genocide in Darfur began in February 2003 when the Sudanese government sponsored the Janjaweed militia to initiate vicious attacks against the civilians in Darfur. This was the result after rebels in Darfur, the Sudan Liberation Movement (SLM) and the Justice and Equality Movement (JEM), accused the government of oppressing non-Arabs in favor of Arabs and demanded a larger role in Sudan’s leadership. After three years of utilizing tactics of war such as rape, displacement, organized starvation and mass murder, the Sudanese government, lead by President Omer al-Bashir, has killed an estimated 300,000 to 400,000 civilians, including men, women and children, and at least 2.5 million have been forced to flee their homes into neighboring territories and live as refugees. Moreover, 8,000 villages have been burned to the ground, crops and irrigations systems destroyed, in order to prevent villagers from returning to their homes.

The purpose of the genocide, for the Sudanese government, is to cleanse Darfur of non-Arabs and seek to eliminate all black-Darfurians, including the African Fur, Masaleet and Zagawa ethnic groups, in order for Sudanese Arabs to take over the region. After years of tension and conflict between the Arab and non-Arab ethnic groups, the genocide was the final spiral that led to complete chaos in the region. Although the Janjaweed is responsible for the majority of the acts of genocide, the Sudanese government funds and equips the Janjaweed with necessary resources to carry out the brutal crimes. The Sudanese government also goes as far as to bomb and militarily attack Durfurian communities. It is estimated that these criminals continue to murder at least 6,000 Darfurians each month."
http://midwestpoet.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/darfur-dedath.jpg
darfur genocide pictures - Live Search Images
http://www.worldproutassembly.org/images/darfur_starving_girl.jpg
http://www.africancrisis.org/images/Sudan_Darfur_Arab_Genocide_against_Blacks_7.jpg
http://www.ushmm.org/conscience/alert/darfur/steidle/photos/07.jpg
darfur genocide pictures - Live Search Images

• Banned
"Amina Haroun remembers what the janjaweed told her. When the janjaweed came to the village they said to us, you are the negros, she says. They told us, we will kill everyone here. We are cleaning the land. We are cleaning the land of Africans. This land belongs to the Arabs, she says they told her.

Long-running tribal clashes between Arab herders and African farmers have exacerbated the conflict, which the United States has called genocide.

The nightmare did not end with murder. The United Nations and other aid agencies have said that the janjaweed commonly use rape as a tool to silence and intimidate Darfuri women.

In this strict Muslim society, rape is a source of shame. A woman who is raped is considered soiled and may be treated as an outcast in her community.

None of the women at Zam Zam camp will admit to having been raped, but each of them say they know a friend, a cousin, a neighbor, who was violated.

Mariam Yasin remembers her flight from the janjaweed.

"When the janjaweed came," she says, "they took some women away and raped them. They did not get me because I ran. On foot. Along the road she says she saw little children, some of them less than three years old. They were running too, and they were alone."

The women at Zam Zam are confused and frightened. The young men take on a different attitude.

Mohamed and Ahmed are in their late teens. They know exactly what they want to do to the janjaweed. They want to fight them. Mohamed says he will fight with a gun - as soon as he can get one. Ahmed insists he needs only sticks."
Images of Genocide Haunt Darfur Refugees

What is most heartbreaking to the Muslims of Darfur is that the Islamic community will do nothing, say nothing, about their plight. They are Muslims themselves. But they receive aid only from non-Muslim countries and Christian groups.

But hey, Islam is the religion of peace and love.

• Banned
"Last year in Darfur aid workers told me children as young as five were being raped in the huge displacement camps that are home to several million Darfuris. In some camps, they told me, rape had become so common that as many as 20 babies a month born from rape were being abandoned.

"As I sat inches from Adam --not his real name -- I feared the revulsion I knew I would feel at my own questions as I asked about rape and his involvement. I have interviewed rape survivors in Darfur. I have two daughters. I am a human being with a conscience. It would be hard to listen to his replies....
He told me he was conscripted by force in to the Sudanese army in the summer of 2002. He thought he was being taken for six months' national service and then would be released....

"But, he said, worse than being told to kill his own people, was that if he tried to resist, he himself would be killed. "The order is that the soldiers at the front, and there are some people who are watching you from behind, if you try to escape or do anything you will get shot. The order is that we go to the village, burn it and kill the people...

"And so we continued, Adam describing in detail how soldiers raped girls as young as 12. How officers ordered them to do this to make people flee their villages, run away and never come back. Through all of this, Adam didn't once mention whether he actually had been directly involved in the raping.

He said he tried to desert the army as soon as he could, but was caught and tortured. He showed me the scars where he said he was tied down beneath a tree and officers set fire to tires above him, dripping burning rubber on his body..."
Sudan soldier: 'They told me to kill, to rape children' - CNN.com

Committee on Conscience | Darfur Eyewitness: Brian Steidle | Photo Essay

When you become a liberal, then you can speak for yourself as a liberal.

Until that time, you can only speak for yourself as a conservative.

she is not babbling..she is talking about the situation in darfur that is greatly ignored by the world for the most part. children are being raped...4 and 5 years old..murder is rampant....basically an ongoing genocide ..of normadic tribles...by the city people...i know that is base but that is what it is..it has been going on since the early 90's...so allie your shock and outrage is a bit passe' at this point...and i think you will find people on the "left" as you call it....have spoken out..think mia farrow...many others...perhaps you should be shocked it has taken the "right" this long to find out about this

New Topics

Forum List

Back