War: Dems are going for the gold.

Apr 17, 2011
So far, I count 9. Am I missing any? Nine wars with an unemployment rate of 9.2%, the continuation of the Bush tax cuts, and now SS and Medicare are on the table for cuts (which I don't care, but I care about priorities). This is preposterous. It is an abomination.

1. Iraq
2. Afghanistan
3. Pakistan
4. Libya
5. Yemen
6. Somalia
7. Drugs
8. Obesity
9. Poverty

However, many Dems will shirk responsibility for these wars. They will either blame Bush or not call them a war. However, if another nation bombed us, I bet these same Dems would call it a war, even if the other nation did not.

It is no wonder they threw Cindy Sheehan under the bus when they got elected into power.

• Banned
Dems love to minimalize their war mongering.

Just like LBJ did. You people are freaks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIekamBDiAw]YouTube - ‪Born In The USA - Bruce Springsteen Paris 85‬‏[/ame]

*sigh*

Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iraq Body Count (lowest estimate) 98,170 civilian casualties

Its not the number of wars, its the number of casualties.

Good thing it only lasted 6 monjths and cost around 40 billion.
And the USA was not going to have any casualties.

It's sad... what's worse is how Dems took over the House and Senate running on not funding Bush's wars and won big... That was 6 years ago? Even more sad is when the Dems got a president in office that said much of the same stuff only to expand and start new wars with his Dem Senate/House....

It's amazing how the 2 parties are so alike... What is the difference between a Neocon and a Progressive liberal?

Last edited:
*sigh*

is sad... what's worse is how Dems took over the House and Senate running on not funding Bush's wars and won big... That was 6 years ago? Even more sad is when the Dems got a president in office that said much of the same stuff only to expand and start new wars with his Dem Senate/House....

It's amazing how the 2 parties are so alike... What is the difference between a Neocon and a Progressive liberal?

NEocons tend to be closet homosexuals, and progressives like women they are not married to.

I'm sorry, but a genuine anti-war post does not post a specific attack the Democrats for being warmongers, not when the biggest two US wars of the last decade, Iraq and Afghanistan, were declared by Republican majorities under a Republican President.

There is a very small anti-war movement in the US. Much of the anti-war sentiment shifts depending on which party is in power.

I'm sorry, but a genuine anti-war post does not post a specific attack the Democrats for being warmongers, not when the biggest two US wars of the last decade, Iraq and Afghanistan, were declared by Republican majorities under a Republican President.

There is a very small anti-war movement in the US. Much of the anti-war sentiment shifts depending on which party is in power.

It Question, when did the Afghanistan War start? When did the anti war Dems take office... When did Obama become president and when did Obama say he was going to end the Afghan war?

end of 2001 so more like 2002...

2002 to 2007 when Dems took over... 2007 to 2009 when Obama stepped in... 2009 to 2011. So 4 1/2 years The Dems controlled the wars and Obama has us in there until 2014, so about 7ish years for Dems.

Bush with Rep Congress 2002 -2007 = 5 years

Bush with Dem congress 2007-2009 = 2 years

Obama with Dem congress 2009 - 2011 = 2 years

Republicans = 5 years
Democrats = 4 1/2 years currently...

A possible Democrat 7 years...

Who's war is it????

This is not looking at Iraq or any of the new wars started under Obama...

Last edited:
*sigh*

It's sad... what's worse is how Dems took over the House and Senate running on not funding Bush's wars and won big... That was 6 years ago? Even more sad is when the Dems got a president in office that said much of the same stuff only to expand and start new wars with his Dem Senate/House....

I don't disagree that the parties are far to similar, but some of these more recent 'wars' are how we should have been going about the GWOT in the first place. Instead of placing a large amount of conventional troops on the ground fighting a bunch of tribals that don't really care what America does, we should have been utilizing SOF and unmanned aircraft to do surgical attacks and raids on al-qaeda and other terrorist networks. SF could also continue FID work in some of these countries that are host to terrorist such as the Philippines and utilize indigenous to do some of the work for us.

Forum List

Back