Want evidence of Warming?

Rocks,

you do nothing of the sort...you come out with the same sources which are all bullshit...you think just because its the IPCC that it has merit to anyone thta has half a brain.

They are a bullshit orgnzation who are in the business of global warming...the more they can get it going the more money they make you dimwit.

The planets been cooling since 1998 which the IPCC has even admitted

THE BIGGEST CAUSE TO PLANET WARMING IS WATER VAPOR!!!! NO CO2....BUT HEY LETS BAN THE CLOUDS I GUESS RIGHT.

go back to reading Time you old diluted fuck

You do realise that the planet we live on is a living organism that is in a cycle of constant change don't you. That irrespective of mans activities past or present this cycle will continue and if we are here or not. Or do you just assume that only arrogant man can bring about change?

No, it is not a living organism. It has a series of very complex feedbacks that mimics the reactions of a living organism. That is the thrust of Lovelock's Gaia Hypothesis. And Lovelock himself believes that we have already passed the tipping points. He believes that the human race will be decimated to the point where the population level will be less than 10 percent of what it is today. And he call that optimistic.

At least you were finally honest enough to admit that you fear for the existence of HUMANS and not the earth. If we have passed the "tipping" points you are about like an old man in a robe standing on the street corner with a sign saying "the end is near".

The Competative Enterprise Institute is a far right think tank, not a scientific institute. One does not go to wingnuts for sound science.

History
CEI was founded in March 1984. In 1986, it began its "free market legal program," which seeks to overturn government regulations that the CEI regards as inappropriate, such as regulations pertaining to drug safety, rent control, and automobile fuel efficiency (see the case study, Fuel efficiency standards and the laws of physics).

By 1992, CEI's annual budget had reached $765,000. That year it helped coordinate "Earth Summit Alternatives" to counter the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, generating anti-environmental commentary that appeared on the MacNeil/Lehrer News Hour, National Review, Washington Times, Detroit News, Investor's Daily, Inside EPA's Clean Air Report, CNBC, C-SPAN, CBS Radio and Voice of America. It also published its first book, titled Environmental Politics.

In 1992, Jonathan Adler, CEI's director of environmental studies, wrote Implementing the U.S. Clean Air Act in Arizona in conjunction with the Barry Goldwater Institute for Public Policy Research, a small think tank headed by Michael Sanera, a former professor of political science at Northern Arizona University and an adjunct scholar at the conservative Heritage Foundation.[3] The following year they wrote another report "Reforming Arizona's Air Pollution Policy".

In 1994 CEI began working on a book with the Alabama Family Alliance and the Arizona Institute for Public Policy Research (also founded and headed by Sanera). Tentatively titled An Environmental Primer for Parents: How to Talk to Your Children About Environmental Issues, the book was eventually published under the title Facts Not Fear, with Sanera and Jane S. Shaw listed as the authors. It claims that environmental education in the classroom is a politicized effort to indoctrinate kids into becoming activists. Sanera was also instrumental in gutting a previously strong environmental education mandate in Arizona. He and CEI have become leading forces behind an ongoing, industry-funded campaign to eliminate funding for environmental education throughout the United States.[4]

In 1995, CEI joined several other think tanks in attacking Our Stolen Future, the book about environmental endocrine disruptors by Theo Colborn, Dianne Dumanoski and Peter Myer. Just prior to the book's release, CEI released two separate studies belittling "the hypothetical risks to human health" discussed in Colborn's book. On the same day that CEI's reports came out, Consumer Alert (run by Frances B. Smith, the wife of CEI founder Fred Smith) issued its own news release labeling the book "a scaremongering tract."[5]

In March 1996, CEI's Michelle Malkin and Michael Fumento published "Rachel's Folly," which claims that dioxin is good for you.[6] CEI's Jonathan Tolman (who holds a bachelor's degree in political science), published a study that month titled "Nature's Hormone Factory," claiming that naturally-occurring chemicals produced by plants and other living organisms are as dangerous as industrial chemicals.[7] In December of that year, CEI submitted comments opposing the EPA's proposed air quality rule to limit particulate emissions, claiming that "the EPA has failed to consider whether the proposed standard may actually increase mortality due to reductions in disposable income that compliance efforts may produce. ... At all times regulation imposes costs that mean less real income to individuals for alternative expenditure. That deprivation of real income itself has adverse health effects, in the form of poorer diet, more heart attacks, more suicides."[8]

Competitive Enterprise Institute - SourceWatch

Yes, a 50 year low in solar wind pressure, a 12 year low in total solar irradiance, but each year we are in the top ten of warmest years. By the measure of what the sun is doing, we should be having record cold years, but we are not. 2009 looks like it will rank in the top 5 warmest years so far. And 2010 may exceed 1998 and 2005.

A 50-year low in solar wind pressure: Measurements by the Ulysses spacecraft reveal a 20% drop in solar wind pressure since the mid-1990s—the lowest point since such measurements began in the 1960s. The solar wind helps keep galactic cosmic rays out of the inner solar system. With the solar wind flagging, more cosmic rays are permitted to enter, resulting in increased health hazards for astronauts. Weaker solar wind also means fewer geomagnetic storms and auroras on Earth.

A 12-year low in solar "irradiance": Careful measurements by several NASA spacecraft show that the sun's brightness has dropped by 0.02% at visible wavelengths and 6% at extreme UV wavelengths since the solar minimum of 1996. The changes so far are not enough to reverse the course of global warming, but there are some other significant side-effects: Earth's upper atmosphere is heated less by the sun and it is therefore less "puffed up." Satellites in low Earth orbit experience less atmospheric drag, extending their operational lifetimes. Unfortunately, space junk also remains longer in Earth orbit, increasing hazards to spacecraft and satellites.
NASA - Deep Solar Minimum

Rocks,

you do nothing of the sort...you come out with the same sources which are all bullshit...you think just because its the IPCC that it has merit to anyone thta has half a brain.

They are a bullshit orgnzation who are in the business of global warming...the more they can get it going the more money they make you dimwit.

THE BIGGEST CAUSE TO PLANET WARMING IS WATER VAPOR!!!! NO CO2....BUT HEY LETS BAN THE CLOUDS I GUESS RIGHT.

Ah yes, such remarkably enlightening prose. Such lucid logic you present.

I didn't not mention the IPCC, now, did I. Do you even know what these organizations do?

Okay ... here's an alternate question to one I have asked which you environuts avoid:

What will happen if we warm up a bit?

Yes, my sweet little Kitten, I realize that you are truly that ignorant.

Methane catastrophe - 05 March 2005 - New Scientist

Methane catastrophe
05 March 2005 by Hadrian Jeffs, Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Magazine issue 2489
A runaway global greenhouse effect is about the most dramatic and terminal imaginable outcome of human-induced climate change (12 February, p 10). However, the more immediate and localised impacts of even a limited sequence of methane burps could still be devastating on a scale inconceivable to most people outside of a Hollywood special-effects blockbuster.

One of the more dramatic side effects of hydrate outgassing is the dislocation of the marine sediments in which the frozen hydrates are locked. By no means all of these are under the deep ocean, as hydrate formations are also found beneath continental shelves. If a sufficient proportion of a methane deposit burps, then the disturbed sediments will slip off the coastal shelf and slide down the continental slope towards the abyssal plain, displacing massive amounts of water in the form of tsunamis.

Such climate-induced tsunamis, triggered by long-run-out submarine landslides in the Storegga region of ...

Methane catastrophe

Yes, I would like evidence of warming. Believe it or not, glaciers melting in one place is not evidence of global anything. If your town is on fire, is that global fire? Of course not. Nor is it evidence that the whole world is about to burn.

Temperature would be considered evidence of warming, except for the tiny little problem that the global temperature is dropping. Hence, you point to a glacier melting and say "see". No, I don't. But if you have evidence as opposed to propaganda, I would love to take a look at it.

No you wouldn't. You have a closed mind.

We have increased atmospheric CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years. We are adding 10 BILLION TONS of CO2 to the atmosphere every year. The glaciers are melting and so is the polar ice cap. All this in spite of the fact that the Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years. Soon we will have DOUBLED the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Those are the facts. Try to dispute them.

Yes, I would like evidence of warming. Believe it or not, glaciers melting in one place is not evidence of global anything. If your town is on fire, is that global fire? Of course not. Nor is it evidence that the whole world is about to burn.

Temperature would be considered evidence of warming, except for the tiny little problem that the global temperature is dropping. Hence, you point to a glacier melting and say "see". No, I don't. But if you have evidence as opposed to propaganda, I would love to take a look at it.

Glaciers are not melting in just one place.

De-Icer: USGS report details “recent dramatic shrinkage” in U.S. glaciers, matching global decline « Climate Progress

USGS report details “recent dramatic shrinkage” in U.S. glaciers, matching global decline
August 8, 2009
The guest blogger is Tom Kenworthy, Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress. The U.S. Geological Survey images below show the retreat of South Cascade Glacier, Wash.

For a half century the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) has been closely studying changes in glaciers in three different climatic regions in Alaska and Washington state. In a new report, the Interior Department agency details “recent dramatic shrinkage” in the Wolverine and Gulkana glaciers in Alaska and the South Cascade glacier in Washington state’s Cascade Mountains.

Please show where the global temperature is dropping. 12 of the warmest years recorded have occured in the last 14 years. 2008 tied 2001 as eighth warmest, and 2009 looks to come in among the top five. That is cooling?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globalwarming/images/temp-anom-larg.jpg

Rocks,

Well said. Everyone thinks Old Roxy is a joke. Any scientist that doesn't gag on Algore is not a scientist at all to him. these scientists to him are idiots even though their IQ's are triple his.

Okay ... here's an alternate question to one I have asked which you environuts avoid:

What will happen if we warm up a bit?

Yes, my sweet little Kitten, I realize that you are truly that ignorant.

Methane catastrophe - 05 March 2005 - New Scientist

Methane catastrophe
05 March 2005 by Hadrian Jeffs, Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Magazine issue 2489
A runaway global greenhouse effect is about the most dramatic and terminal imaginable outcome of human-induced climate change (12 February, p 10). However, the more immediate and localised impacts of even a limited sequence of methane burps could still be devastating on a scale inconceivable to most people outside of a Hollywood special-effects blockbuster.

One of the more dramatic side effects of hydrate outgassing is the dislocation of the marine sediments in which the frozen hydrates are locked. By no means all of these are under the deep ocean, as hydrate formations are also found beneath continental shelves. If a sufficient proportion of a methane deposit burps, then the disturbed sediments will slip off the coastal shelf and slide down the continental slope towards the abyssal plain, displacing massive amounts of water in the form of tsunamis.

Such climate-induced tsunamis, triggered by long-run-out submarine landslides in the Storegga region of ...

Methane catastrophe

Ah yes Roxy, it is true you are a daft **** whose asshole is so filled with Gore's cock you cannot imagine there being any alternate view to his.

Rocks : Okay ... now you are back to methane ... don't eat meat everyone! You're killing the planet!

Roxy and chris should do their parts to stop global warming by shoving their heads up cows' asses. they are just not that dedicated to their cause, however.

As long as we are uncertain of how we affect the climate, shouldn't we do what we can to reduce our impact on the environment?

It's like...

- Alright, you have cancer in your lungs. We are not entirely sure that it is because of you smoking 2 packs of cigarettes every day - but we think there might be a chance of that.

- Great, I'll stop smoking when you have some proof.

As long as we are uncertain of how we affect the climate, shouldn't we do what we can to reduce our impact on the environment?

It's like...

- Alright, you have cancer in your lungs. We are not entirely sure that it is because of you smoking 2 packs of cigarettes every day - but we think there might be a chance of that.

What if what we do is a wasted effort and when time comes there is nothing to protect us from the changes because we wasted all the resources trying to stop what we cannot?

It's like...

What if what we do is a wasted effort and when time comes there is nothing to protect us from the changes because we wasted all the resources trying to stop what we cannot?

Wasted all our resources?

We are wasting our resources paying $100 billion dollars a year for foreign oil.

Alternative energy is American made!

It's like...

Wasted all our resources?

We are wasting our resources paying $100 billion dollars a year for foreign oil.

Alternative energy is American made!

You really believe that? Damn you are naive.

Forum List

Back