Wanna see my new ride?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
file_37_1_1.jpg

Yeah, yeah. I know. But, it was such a pretty day today although cold, and I wanted to take the dogs on a longer walk and I just couldn't. Hips were on fire by the time I got two doors down. So I hobbled into the field and let them off their leash and I sat on a stump until the ache went away while they sniffety smelled and checked all their P-Mail, then I hobbled home with them. Inlaws bought this a few months ago, deciced to never use it, and sold it to me for a whopping 35 bucks.

I kinda like it. I need to paint flames on it though, with GO GRANNY in fancy text.:lol:

file_37_1_1.jpg

Yeah, yeah. I know. But, it was such a pretty day today although cold, and I wanted to take the dogs on a longer walk and I just couldn't. Hips were on fire by the time I got two doors down. So I hobbled into the field and let them off their leash and I sat on a stump until the ache went away while they sniffety smelled and checked all their P-Mail, then I hobbled home with them. Inlaws bought this a few months ago, deciced to never use it, and sold it to me for a whopping 35 bucks.

I kinda like it. I need to paint flames on it though, with GO GRANNY in fancy text.:lol:
I think you got a bargain.

I can walk. Just not up or down the hills outside my house. But I want to this summer. This will help me and the furkids go on long "walks" like I used to do.

file_37_1_1.jpg

I think you got a bargain.

I know, lol. New ones cost 2200.00 plus. This one they got for 35 from a guy that wanted 300 bucks for it but his wife had different ideas. So the inlaws sold it to me at their cost. It needs one battery though. It only shows a charge of half way and there are two batteries in it. So now I gotta find another battery. This thing BOOKS, lemme tell ya. Put it on high speed and hold on! I was totally surprised at the power it has. No telling what the second battery can do to it, lol.

Last edited:
I know someone who has a mobility scooter (he has knee issues), and uses it all the time. 35 bucks is a great deal, it's practically a steal.

Another option for those of us who are fortunate enough to still have health insurance, would be to have the insurance company pay for it. They would very likely require a doctor's letter though.

I don't have insurance. We survive by hubby doing scrapping metals, yard salin for deals and then selling on craigslist, and his SSI until I get mine. Inlaws owe us every month, so...we just deducted what they owed in utility bills.

I just got back from PaceSaver Plus III website. DAYUM. Almost 3 grand for the one sitting right there in the dining room.And batteries are ATROCIOUS. They only sell them in pairs...for "just" 300 bucks. Like, OUCH. I only need one. So I will see if I can hunt one up eventually. For now, it runs great on the one battery. I just won't go further than a few miles cuz with both batteries, it has a life span of 30 miles per charge. It only charges half way (due to one battery working).And I don't plan to go 30 miles nor 15, lol. But I have hills on both sides of me so...empty lots two doors down both ways is where I plan to ride it. Bet there is a bunch of Pee-Mail my dogs need to check and haven't for over a year. :lmao:

Good thing the control panel thingy is in tiptop condition. Getting a new one is "only" 569 bucks. DOUBLE ouch!

I name all my rides. Even my broom. :lmao:

So..I need to name this thing. Any suggestions?

And batteries are ATROCIOUS. They only sell them in pairs...for "just" 300 bucks. Like, OUCH. I only need one. So I will see if I can hunt one up eventually.
Online shopping would be the best bet. There is also the swap meet, you can usually get descent deals there.

file_37_1_1.jpg

Let me see what I can do with it... I'll set up the limiter so you can go twice as fast, put an air horn on it, some LED headlights, and that fancy flame job you want on it... :D

I'm gonna use the basket for the pooping scooping collector bag. On the floorboard section between my legs I will have a small basket with water and a small bowl for when they get thirsty. Might toss in a few doggy biscuits too. And a walky talky so hubby can come fetch me if I get stuck. lol

Still thinking of a name for it.

My car is called Booger cuz it's green. (Named by my friends special needs son who was 7 years old at the time).

My broom is named Free Bug cuz when I am flying around at night, I feel so free and I don't get bugs in my teeth for some reason..even when swooping and cackling loudly.

My 357 is named Matilda cuz she is BIG.

My 38 special was named something else but I forgot what I named it so now it is Petunia since it is a snubnose.

Now I gotta name this thing. Hmmm. Thinking. Thinking.

Trotter? I can't say the word WALK...the dogs go nuts. So now I use the phrase "Trot down the street time" but that won't last long since they are very smart and will eventually figure it out.

Still thinking.

I know what I want strapped on the back of it. Instead of a tall banner flag, I want a navajo spear. I thnk I have one around here somewheres. LOL

GOT IT!!! Got the name!!!

WAR PONY!!!!

Happy dancing. Happy dancing. PERFECT. Love it! My war pony!!!

And I want to protect the seat and back so I will ask my sister in law to sew a cover for the seat and back.....with native american print material. Now, imagine me toodling down the road with a NA spear and feathers flapping about, two dogs trotting side by side, and the name War Pony painted on the small side panel there under the seat.

Sometimes, I crack myself up. :lmao:

Still thinking of a name for it.
Dasher comes to mind.

Dasher sounds good. I like that one too. But..I am stuck on War Pony now. And the spear above is what I have in mind. But I ain't paying that amount for one. I will make it myself. On the handle bars...a medicine bag. I have oodles of those. Yes. War Pony it is.

Never mind me. I am just excited about my new ride..er...pony. :lol:

file_37_1_1.jpg

You might want to figure out how to hang a backpack on it. We have a bag that attaches to a stroller. Carrying things might become an issue.

file_37_1_1.jpg

You might want to figure out how to hang a backpack on it. We have a bag that attaches to a stroller. Carrying things might become an issue.

Thanks hon, but I don't plan to stray too far from home. Too heavy to put in hubbys truck...cuz it isn't a folding one. It's just for the general neighborhood and PeeMail checking with the furkids. But a backpack for the back seat is a good idea instead of having a small basket in between my feet. Thanks!

Forum List

Back