Walmart's Philosophy of Screwing Workers

And no, Costco does NOT have higher prices. I know from having been in both stores. Try and find a West Bend full size electric skillet at Walmart for $15 like I bought at Costco.

And then you also have you and I paying to subsidize the Walmart workforce.....

Beats me what the hell Walmart is doing wrong if they're failing while we help pay their workers for them through tax dollars.

since Target wages are comparable to Walmart, why not diss on them? Always seems to be the company that keeps the unions away that are dissed on. Coincidence? We all know the answer to that...

Target is also actively anti-union, they're just doing a better job of running their stores in general.

from what I have just found, the unions target Walmart due to their massive size versus Target, alot more to gain from them if they can infiltrate them.

since Target wages are comparable to Walmart, why not diss on them? Always seems to be the company that keeps the unions away that are dissed on. Coincidence? We all know the answer to that...

Target is also actively anti-union, they're just doing a better job of running their stores in general.

from what I have just found, the unions target Walmart due to their massive size versus Target, alot more to gain from them if they can infiltrate them.

That may well be true, but either way, it's not just wal-mart that's anti-union. They get dissed the most because they're a notoriously crappy employer who is cheap in other areas besides wages.

And with the other problems they've been having lately, it looks like they're cheapness is finally biting them in the ass.

I say "fuck bigbox world" anyway. So I'll spend the extra few bucks to support my local merchants, get better service and KNOW who I'm dealing with. I'm redoing a kitchen and found that a guy I've known for over 35 years can get me what I need at or a little more than big box world. And I know I can call him anytime instead of some "associate" who could give a rip.

That may well be true, but either way, it's not just wal-mart that's anti-union. They get dissed the most because they're a notoriously crappy employer who is cheap in other areas besides wages.

And with the other problems they've been having lately, it looks like they're cheapness is finally biting them in the ass.

Target wages are comparble to Walmart's. Let's revisit this topic in a year and see where Walmart stands then.

I say "fuck bigbox world" anyway. So I'll spend the extra few bucks to support my local merchants, get better service and KNOW who I'm dealing with. I'm redoing a kitchen and found that a guy I've known for over 35 years can get me what I need at or a little more than big box world. And I know I can call him anytime instead of some "associate" who could give a rip.

Interesting that Walmart has the supplies to redo a kitchen. Where might that be? Thought that would be the job of Home Depot or Lowe's...

Not liking WalMart's treatment of employees, ah, "associates," makes one a Marxist? Yours is a wide tent!

You could actually care less, something tells me. Your whole beef is because they have kept the unions out.

Keeping the unions out, is what keeps the rest of us in.

Yup.....in poverty.

Walmart average wages are around $8-$10 per hour with little benefits....no union

Costco average wages are around $17 per hour with fair to good benefits.....union friendly

And even with the higher wages Costco is VERY competitive with Walmart and is outperforming Walmart on Wall Street.

Interesting that Walmart has the supplies to redo a kitchen. Where might that be? Thought that would be the job of Home Depot or Lowe's...

its not the details of an argument. just the point a poster is trying to make.

sorry, I disagree. If their points are not facts then the argument becomes null...

I got a great idea, if you don't like Wal-Mart don't shop at Wal-Mart. I fail to grasp why people get so bent out of shape over something so trivial as a store their not fond of. Who cares?

Maybe goose just is tired of seeing your wife there?

images

Yeah she always makes comments on how poorly your Mother mans the cash registers there.

Were the nipples surgically removed?

sorry, I disagree. If their points are not facts then the argument becomes null...

Ok, then...

When he says, "bigbox world", consider that he might mean not just Wal Mart, but also large retailers in general, such as the aforementioned Home Depot or Lowe's. After all, he was talking about using local merchants.

I believe Walmart is following Staple's business plan.

One time a right winger posted a link to Staple's employment site saying see? They are sooooo good.

So then I posted to a site that is all private comments from people who work from Staples. Amazing the number of workers who are there for 35 hours a week. It's counted as part time. So no benefits are paid.

You could actually care less, something tells me. Your whole beef is because they have kept the unions out.

Yup.....in poverty.

Walmart average wages are around $8-$10 per hour with little benefits....no union

Costco average wages are around $17 per hour with fair to good benefits.....union friendly

And even with the higher wages Costco is VERY competitive with Walmart and is outperforming Walmart on Wall Street.

So go work at Costco...who is stopping you?

what the hell? then would you also go for the spelling and grammer errors of a post? you do know this is a place for opinions and ideas dont ya?...

Yup.....in poverty.

So go work at Costco...who is stopping you?

Never said I particularly wanted to work there, did I? But given a choice only a fool would choose to work at Walmart over Costco. Right?

Walmart let's people saves money, no wonder Progressives hate them

And with the way you worded that post it's no wonder that Progressives are generally considered more intelligent. :eusa_whistle:

Are you finally the first member of the liberal intellectual elite?

Nope, but anyone with a 5th grade education knows how to use punctuation and structure a sentence.

Normally I don't out grammatical errors but felt I had to the way you said that Progressives hate something that saves people money.

I just didn't know how else to respond to a post that made no sense whatsoever.

I was referring to big box world in general, of which WalMart is the grandfather of them all.

Forum List

Back