Walmarts gun restrictions

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Walmart and Dick’s Raise Minimum Age for Gun Buyers to 21

Two of the nation’s leading gun sellers, Walmart and Dick’s Sporting Goods, took steps on Wednesday to limit their sales of firearms, thrusting themselves into the middle of the polarizing national debate over gun control.

Walmart, the biggest gun seller, announced late in the afternoon that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age. It also said it would no longer sell items resembling assault-style rifles, including toys and air guns.

Early in the day, Dick’s said it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores. The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and would also require any gun buyer to be at least 21, regardless of local laws.

Under federal law, a person must be at least 21 to buy a handgun from a firearms dealer. But 18-year-olds can buy semiautomatic rifles and other firearms.

It looks like the market is ahead of the politicians in judging public sentiment.

They wont be able to enforce that countrywide. Some states have PA laws that include age.
They SHOULD be able to run their business how they see fit but the bedwetter fascists have spoken!

They wont be able to enforce that countrywide. Some states have PA laws that include age.
They SHOULD be able to run their business how they see fit but the bedwetter fascists have spoken!

I actually don't have an issue with PA laws in actual PA's.

When you invite the public inside your property to conduct business then there are rules.

Now if you contract a service between two parties, and the service is non-essential, non-timely, and easily replaceable then PA laws shouldn't apply.

Dick's is a walk-in store, the definition of a PA.

When you invite the public inside your property to conduct business then there are rules.

Now if you contract a service between two parties, and the service is non-essential, non-timely, and easily replaceable then PA laws shouldn't apply.

I do. I cant stand that shit.
I understand certain business regulations. In fact, i urge them.. but telling someone they MUST distribute their private property to people they dont want to, irks me.

Neither store sells many rifles to people under 21 in the first place, so this is just showboating, and costs them essentially nothing to begin with, but it makes a lot of gimps and sexual deviants on the left happy and makes them think they're 'Winning!!!' n stuff. 18 to 21 year olds don't buy many rifles, they usually get them as gifts for birthdays and Christmas from parents, uncles, etc. Stupid morons will start threads on it, though, as if it's really getting something done and they're 'Being Heard!!!'.

I've never personally met anybody who has bought a firearm of any kind at Walmart's, and we don't have any 'Dick's' store down here that I've ever seen. I don't even know if the local Wally World even sells them any more; many of them quit selling guns a long time ago, because they weren't selling many to begin with.

On edit: Yep, many stopped selling them here locally in 2011. lol they only sell ammo and accessories now for the last 8 years or so.

Last edited:

I do. I cant stand that shit.
I understand certain business regulations. In fact, i urge them.. but telling someone they MUST distribute their private property to people they dont want to, irks me.

I think the main irk is they extend PA laws to invite only transactions.

My best example is a Hotel. A hotel invites people to stay in a room overnight or for several nights. That's it. For that situation the hotel is a PA and has to follow the PA rules, they cannot deny service due to certain categories.

Now if the same hotel rents out it's conference rooms for events, in that case this is a contracted non-essential service, and the Hotel should be able to pick and choose which events it wants to host regardless of PA laws.

Complicated I know, but who said government's job was supposed to be easy?

In an ideal world I would say repeal all PA laws and let the market decide, but the world is far from ideal.

'dicks' had this rule in 2012 and rescinded it so that they could make some GUN money . Then this school murderer bought a shotgun off 'dick' a few weeks or months ago so now the ban is back on as 'dicks' gets nervous . WALMART , feck them but i think they can have rules . Besides that i prefer spreading gun money around to Independent Gun stores .

Let Dicks and Walmart do as they please...truth be told there are literally thousands of places someone can buy ARs.

But the left struts around like peacocks thinking they've won some great battle LOL

'dicks' had this rule in 2012 and rescinded it so that they could make some GUN money . Then this school murderer bought a shotgun off 'dick' a few weeks or months ago so now the ban is back on as 'dicks' gets nervous . WALMART , feck them but i think they can have rules . Besides that i prefer spreading gun money around to Independent Gun stores .

Just go to a gun store, they'll gladly sell you an AR...like this guy. Cover your eyes leftists there are scary looking guns in the image

maxresdefault.jpg

Just go to a gun store, they'll gladly sell you an AR...like this guy. Cover your eyes leftists there are scary looking guns in the image

maxresdefault.jpg

I was gonna say...

Who in the hell would buy a weapon at Dick's or Walmart, anyway?

It's just a side show and a way for those places to reduce inventory. I
doubt either one of them make a great deal of money selling weapons,
so they're not out anything doing this kinda stuff.

Small, independently-owned firearm shops across the country would like to formally thank these huge corporations for the boost in sales.

You do hate the big, evil corporations and love small independent shops, right???

Let Dicks and Walmart do as they please...truth be told there are literally thousands of places someone can buy ARs.

But the left struts around like peacocks thinking they've won some great battle LOL
Once again showing that no one profits more from mass shootings than the NRA and gun manufacturers.

The NRA is a not for profit.

But hey, facts schmacks.

Once again showing that no one profits more from mass shootings than the NRA and gun manufacturers.

Oh you're back....yawn
-------------------------------------- and he is MORE 'FOS' Sassy !!

Yeah , where is this NRA gun store that sells guns eh Bodecea ??

Yesh this 'boycott' fraud is going to backfire, probably bigger than the Chick Fila hoax did.

I don't see anything wrong with this. You can't even buy a drink until you're 21. If you ask me the age should higher to buy a gun.

The brain isn't fully developed until you're 24-25. So 25 is a good age to allow people to buy a gun.

Forum List

Back