Walmart, CVS, Home Depot & Walgreens U-Turn on face coverings & say they WILL serve customers not wearing masks

Walmart, the largest retailer in the country, has said that it hopes to place employees called ā€œhealth ambassadorsā€ at the entrance to stores reminding shoppers to wear a mask as they are entering.

But if customers refuse and also decline the offer of a free mask the staff are instructed to let the customers walk into the store and notify management ā€œso that they can determine the next steps.ā€

Staff have been told via a corporate video not to engage with a customer physically or try to block their entrance into the store.

Not exactly a reversal
They are telling employees not to engage offenders and to call management

Bit unrelated... but I love those job titles that are designed to make worker "feel" good about themselves.

" health ambassadors " LOL

Garbage collectors are now "sanitation technicians" and their supervisors are "sanitation engineers".
Sandwich makers are "sandwich artists".
Paper delivery boy or girl are "media distribution officers".

Funny

I actually wish my employer would give me a better job title. They refer to me as a "customer service representative", which makes me sound like I work in a call center, asking people if they tried turning it off and back on again. I keep telling them "client services" would be more accurate.

Walmart, the largest retailer in the country, has said that it hopes to place employees called ā€œhealth ambassadorsā€ at the entrance to stores reminding shoppers to wear a mask as they are entering.

But if customers refuse and also decline the offer of a free mask the staff are instructed to let the customers walk into the store and notify management ā€œso that they can determine the next steps.ā€

Staff have been told via a corporate video not to engage with a customer physically or try to block their entrance into the store.

Not exactly a reversal

Bit unrelated... but I love those job titles that are designed to make worker "feel" good about themselves.

Garbage collectors are now "sanitation technicians" and their supervisors are "sanitation engineers".

Funny

I actually wish my employer would give me a better job title. They refer to me as a "customer service representative", which makes me sound like I work in a call center, asking people if they tried turning it off and back on again. I keep telling them "client services" would be more accurate.

So, when they give you a promotion, you'll be a "senior customer service representative". :D After that, they'll follow with " customer service manager", "director of customer service" and "chief customer officer". You girl have long way to go.

Still better than "customer experience enhancer" that Slack uses, or "customer happiness provider" used by Under Armor.

"happiness provider"

LOL

Not exactly a reversal

Funny

So, when they give you a promotion, you'll be a "senior customer service representative". :D After that, they'll follow with " customer service manager", "director of customer service" and "chief customer officer". You girl have long way to go.

Still better than "customer experience enhancer" that Slack uses, or "customer happiness provider" used by Under Armor.

"happiness provider"

LOL

No, it's not THAT big a company. If I ever allow them to promote me, it'll be to just "Manager", as in "Manager of the Phoenix office". I don't plan on allowing that, if I can possibly avoid it.

Basically, anyone who is allowed to liaise with our clients is a "Customer Service Representative" or a Manager of some department or other. Everyone else is forbidden to ever contact them.

Forum List

Back