walker wants to starve them out

Showing real leadership in dealing with the serious problems facing the state of Wisconsin is tanking our party?

Maybe. Maybe not. But I cant help but notice that you cant name a statute.

Why would the State Police be dispatched to look for them I wonder?

"The state senators who are hiding out down in Illinois should show up for work, have their say, have their vote, add their amendments, but in the end, we've got a $3.6 billion budget deficit we've got to balance."
Senate rules and the state constitution say absent members can be compelled to appear, but it does not say how.
"We left the state so we were out of the reach of the Wisconsin state patrol, which has the authority to round us up and bring us back to the legislature," state Sen. Mark Miller told ABC's "Good Morning America" from an undisclosed location Friday.

SOURCE

I was refering to TMs claim that bolts are illegal.

Senate rules and the state constitution say absent members can be compelled to appear, but it does not say how.

;)

Once the "novelty" wears off, the voters who put Walker into office in Wisconsin will start coming to the realization what its like living with a state government that has deliberately created a dysfunctional relationship with its own workers.

The conservative "hardliners" on this forum can make all the disparaging remarks they want BUT the reality is that it takes far more than a Republican dominated legislature to operate amd deliver goverment services!

A dysfunctional relationship. The people have been living in a state with a government that has delibrately created a dysfunctional relationship with it's own workers. That's why they voted in Walker to fix the problem.

They are public servants. They aren't entitled to the tax payers money. Especially when they refuse to get off their ass and work.

Alright, I'll start.

Are the protesters still permitted to be there?

Yes or no?

Who do they need to have permission from?

Most publicly owned land has curfews as to their hours of operation. State parks, national monuments, and the like.

They are most likely staying past operational hours. That the police haven't given them the boot says a lot of how much they are willing to placate the sit-in hippies.

Once the "novelty" wears off, the voters who put Walker into office in Wisconsin will start coming to the realization what its like living with a state government that has deliberately created a dysfunctional relationship with its own workers.

The conservative "hardliners" on this forum can make all the disparaging remarks they want BUT the reality is that it takes far more than a Republican dominated legislature to operate amd deliver goverment services!

A dysfunctional relationship. The people have been living in a state with a government that has delibrately created a dysfunctional relationship with it's own workers. That's why they voted in Walker to fix the problem.

They are public servants. They aren't entitled to the tax payers money. Especially when they refuse to get off their ass and work.

And high time it ceased across the nation. Time to BUST the unions.

I wonder if the dems are starving at the resort.

Nah...Union thugs will pay for their hiatus away...but I like this...

A Republican lawmaker from Illinois introduced legislation Thursday that would subject Wisconsin senators who crossed the border to Illinois income taxes for their time working in “the Land of Lincoln.”
Illinois Rep. Mike Tryon, of Crystal Lake, said the Wisconsin lawmakers should be subject to the Illinois tax in the same way Green Bay Packers players must pay Illinois tax for games played at Soldier Field…
Tryon said he opposed a 2007 bill that extended the 5% Illinois tax to temporary workers — including professional athletes and movie stars. But if it’s on the books, the Wisconsin senators should pay, Tryon said.

Source

:lol:

Yeah, and Illinois is starving for income.

Yes they are as many leave that Statist bastion.

If that's true why are democrat state senators living it up in a resort in Illinois? Leftie BS aside it's the middle class of Wisconsin who were in financial trouble trying to pay the salaries and benefits of state workers and what did they get for their efforts? A Mass democrat telling the rabble to "get bloody".

How else are these 14 Democrat State Senators going to "properly" represent the union; unless they are standing round, doing nothing, avoiding their duties, and getting paid for it?

Allowing the people of wisconson the time to react to a bill BEING SHOVED DOWN THERE THROATS is a good thing dont you think?

Or are you only concerned with that action when you claim it your throat having something shoved down it?

The right cracks me up in their willingness to spin on a dime for political purposes.

Allowing the people of wisconson the time to react to a bill BEING SHOVED DOWN THERE THROATS is a good thing dont you think?

Or are you only concerned with that action when you claim it your throat having something shoved down it?

The right cracks me up in their willingness to spin on a dime for political purposes.

They need to pass the Budget, so they can see what's in it.

Don't you think?

Interestingly, that's not what you said when it was the right objecting to that monstrosity ObamaCare. Then it was evil, violent, old white people trashing the Constitution. You're laughable, TM. Seriously.

Because it was NOT crammed down anyones throat.

It had MANY months of discussion.

How long did walker discuss this plan with the peoples reps in Wis?

There is no way of knowing what is in it until it is passed and we all get a chance to read it.

Until you advocate passing it so we can all see what's in it, you aren't serious about Democracy.

Months of discussion ? I am pretty sure Obama said something along the lines of Im going to do it any way and we will let the voters decide in November. It passed and the voter let him know what they thought. Now his health care plan is coming apart.

Now the protesters, dont they have jobs to go to ? And ware are they taking a bath at ? If we go by all the other leftist gatherings and the mess they leave I would have to think that place is a mess.

I thought firemen were exempt from the cutbacks.

Indeed, they are exempt. As are the other four Unions that supported Walker in the campaign.

interesting, right?

hey,, asswipe! did you watch the protests??? the firemen and the cops were protesting against the gov..
I know! Yet their unions supported him during the campaign and they are exempt from the bill.

Interesting, right?

<OK, get back to name calling!>

AND????

So what??

Got some point to make??

I suppose if you were inside when the fire engulfed the building, you would get the point right away. LOL! Now share one of those delicious strawberry's. Kind of spread them all around. LOL!!:lol:

Ah yes the union violence coming out. I hope they brun it down and show the world what they are.

Well they already have the green light from Rep. Michael Capuano, a Massachusetts Democrat: "I'm proud to be here with people who understand that it's more than just sending an email to get you going. Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary." However, unless the Tea-Party is attached to it, don't expect much media outrage and attention.

In keeping with the discussion, is there another "undisclosed" reason behind the real outrage of many of these Democrats?
'Get a Little Bloody'
A Democratic congressman urges government employees to take violent action.
'Get a Little Bloody' - WSJ.com
By JAMES TARANTO — WallStreet Journal

. . . . As Michael Barone notes, public-sector unions "are a mechanism by which every taxpayer is forced to fund the Democratic Party," Capuano's party:

Unions, most of whose members are public employees, gave Democrats some $400 million in the 2008 election cycle. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, the biggest public employee union, gave Democrats $90 million in the 2010 cycle.
Follow the money, Washington reporters like to say. The money in this case comes from taxpayers, present and future, who are the source of every penny of dues paid to public employee unions, who in turn spend much of that money on politics, almost all of it for Democrats.

If that's true why are democrat state senators living it up in a resort in Illinois? Leftie BS aside it's the middle class of Wisconsin who were in financial trouble trying to pay the salaries and benefits of state workers and what did they get for their efforts? A Mass democrat telling the rabble to "get bloody".

How else are these 14 Democrat State Senators going to "properly" represent the union; unless they are standing round, doing nothing, avoiding their duties, and getting paid for it?
alright, that shit right there was funny! Well done, sir.

TDM you are such a horses ass. (thats a real insult to horses everywhere)

Walker was elected to get the State of WI out of its financial mess. He ran on that platform and was elected. He is doing is exactly what he said he was gonna do.

In case you haven't noticed its rather hard to discuss and debate anything when the Dems leave the State and refuse to discuss or debate anything. I guess they only represent the Union members, not the rest of the taxpayers of the State.

If the Reps had done that anywhere you would be the first one on the rooftop screaming about it.

Obamacare had many months of discussion thats for sure. The problem is the majority of the people didn't want it and the Dems weren't interested in listening to what the Reps had to say. Does the phrase WE WON. STFU and get to the back of the room ring any bells?? The Dems passed that mess of a bill and yes it was crammed down the taxpayers throats.

If the voters of WI don't like what the Gov is doing they will vote him out in 4 years. They will elect another Dem and the status quo will be in full swing once more. However, if the Gov does get the State back on good financial footing I would venture to say that he will be re-elected and probably in a landslide.

So you have no problem with Obamacare getting shoved down peoples throats, but you have a problem with people expecting state politicians to actually debate and discuss a bill? Especially when the governor specifically campaigned and won clearly announcing what he intended to do.

Republicans didn't run away from the debate. We fought it. We wont the debate and the public opinion and you still forced it through.

It's not the right spinning here. Why don't you stop and deal with your own hypocrisy before you worry about the right.

Forum List

Back