Walker Not Anti-Worker

Exempting police, fire, and state troopers, Governor Walker would end collective bargaining over pensions and benefits for the rest. Collective bargaining for wages would still be permitted, but there would be no wage hikes above the CPI. Unions could still represent workers, but they could not force employees to pay dues. In exchange for this, Walker promises no furloughs for layoffs.

News Headlines

Either of you dweebs got linky?

I've heard him discuss exactly what you linked. I don't know why the libs are suggesting otherwise, unless there are new developments.
the only libs that are doing that are the hyper partisan shitbags

Exempting police, fire, and state troopers, Governor Walker would end collective bargaining over pensions and benefits for the rest. Collective bargaining for wages would still be permitted, but there would be no wage hikes above the CPI. Unions could still represent workers, but they could not force employees to pay dues. In exchange for this, Walker promises no furloughs for layoffs.

News Headlines

Either of you dweebs got linky?

I've heard him discuss exactly what you linked. I don't know why the libs are suggesting otherwise, unless there are new developments.

It may just be desperation.

you clearly aren't informed.

all monetary concessions have been made. the only thing holding up the legislation is his unwillingness to budge on the collective bargaining issue.

the budget has absolutely nothing to do with this fight anymore.

Ooops, why would a governor oppose collective bargaining for workers? Sounds like he doesn't like workers to me.

I see that Shintoad is up to his usual tricks.

Forgot to mention the issues of 'pay' collective bargaining, and the difference between private and public unions.

Sunslut blows smoke up the readers arse, and then makes that great sucking sound. If you have something to say bitch, spit it out on the nearest retard.

Ooops, why would a governor oppose collective bargaining for workers? Sounds like he doesn't like workers to me.

Forgot to mention the issues of 'pay' collective bargaining, and the difference between private and public unions.

Sunslut blows smoke up the readers arse, and then makes that great sucking sound. If you have something to say bitch, spit it out on the nearest retard.

So insults are the response to being called on omitting salient facts.

Ever heard of PATCO?

all monetary concessions have been made. the only thing holding up the legislation is his unwillingness to budge on the collective bargaining issue.

the budget has absolutely nothing to do with this fight anymore.

Every liberal politician in the 20th century including FDR viewed collective bargaining in the public sector as a dangerous and damaging power grab by unions. Why should the governor budge? Why can't the sub-standard teachers union fold their tents and go back to teaching instead of trying to extort money from the desperate people who live in a state which is broke?

I have heard Walker interviewed several times over the last week. What strikes me is that the bill being touted as anti-worker is actually just the opposite.

He has a certain amount of funds with which to work. He has determined that there will need to be thousands of public sector jobs completely eliminated to balance the budget if concessions by the public employees are not made.

So the question for liberals is which would you prefer? Would you rather see thousands forced into unemployment while the current concessions are rejected?

These answers seem simple. This helps one to see through the turmoil. It simply has to do with power and liberals feeling like they are losing a toehold.

Rationalizing and spinning won't change the facts. We have audio tape now. Just reading Rushlimbaugh.com to get the latest spin, and report back on a message board just doesn't cut it anymore.

The governor engineered this fiscal crisis by ramming through tax cuts to rich people who don't need more tax cuts. Wisconsin was on schedule to have a budget surplus at the end of the year. And after engineering a phony fiscal crises he blamed teachers, firefighters, and other public servants.

The audio tape makes it crystal clear this union busting isn't about balancing budgets. The governor, along with most fringe conservatives, have a deep-seated emotional and ideological hatred of firefighter unions, police unions, and teacher unions. The governor made it clear that he almost busted a nut when Reagan fired the air traffic controllers and destroyed their union. The governor considered that event on a par with the fall of Berlin Wall. And in his own words he said busting unions was ideological, its not about budgets.

You may continue to read the Glenn Beck website to get the latest spin. But audio tape doesn't lie.

Last edited:

insults = insults

Ever heard of PATCO?

yep

I have heard Walker interviewed several times over the last week. What strikes me is that the bill being touted as anti-worker is actually just the opposite.

He has a certain amount of funds with which to work. He has determined that there will need to be thousands of public sector jobs completely eliminated to balance the budget if concessions by the public employees are not made.

So the question for liberals is which would you prefer? Would you rather see thousands forced into unemployment while the current concessions are rejected?

These answers seem simple. This helps one to see through the turmoil. It simply has to do with power and liberals feeling like they are losing a toehold.

Rationalizing and spinning won't change the facts. We have audio tape now. Just reading Rushlimbaugh.com to get the latest spin, and report back on a message board just doesn't cut it anymore.

The governor engineered this fiscal crisis by ramming through tax cuts to rich people who don't need more tax cuts. Wisconsin was on schedule to have a budget surplus at the end of the year. And after engineering a phony fiscal crises he blamed teachers, firefighters, and other public servants.

The audio tape makes it crystal clear this union busting isn't about balancing budgets. The governor, along with most fringe conservatives, have a deep-seated emotional and ideological hatred of firefighter unions, police unions, and teacher unions. The governor made it clear that he almost busted a nut when Reagan fired the air traffic controllers and destroyed their union. The governor considered that event on a par with the fall of Berlin Wall. And in his own words he said busting unions was ideological, its not about budgets.

You may continue to read the Glenn Beck website to get the latest spin. But audio tape doesn't lie.

I don't look at the Rush site or the Beck site. Nor do I watch them on TV, radio, etc.

Scary that conservatives have the same thoughts all on their own, isn't it?

insults = insults

Ever heard of PATCO?

yep

And? ....It is salient, not something important to be ignored.

Should public unions be treated differently than private unions? Why?

All monetary concessions have been made. The only thing holding up the legislation is his unwillingness to budge on the collective bargaining issue.

The budget has absolutely nothing to do with this fight anymore.

every liberal politician in the 20th century including fdr viewed collective bargaining in the public sector as a dangerous and damaging power grab by unions. Why should the governor budge? Why can't the sub-standard teachers union fold their tents and go back to teaching instead of trying to extort money from the desperate people who live in a state which is broke?
Roosevelt:

"The process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service," Roosevelt wrote in 1937 to the National Federation of Federal Employees. Yes, public workers may demand fair treatment, wrote Roosevelt. But, he wrote, "I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place" in the public sector. "A strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government."

Whitehall is lying.

FDR was all for collective bargaining in the public sector as long as it did not endanger the war effort.

The teachers' union has the highest % of HS grads in the nation and the 2nd lowest state deficit in the nation: with a recognized collective-bargaining teachers union.

The states without such unions have the four highest deficits. The states with such unions have the three lowest deficits.

Whatever is causing state deficits is not the fault of the unions.

Hmmm. . . I wonder what we would discover if we compared Walker's proposed cuts from the government unions to the proposed corporate welfare breaks. Anybody want to bet they are anything but very, very close?

Stupid far right reactionaries truly do not understand just how fucking stupid they are and that the rest of America will catch on (and it always does) and throws their asses out of office.

Provocateur does not post the link because he knows it will blow up in his face. The statement is way out of context. Post the link Prov.

No linky, no give a shit.

Put up or STFU.

:lol: You only opine, then whine when you get your butt kicked here, Oddball. You offer debate, then skate Simply you are a fake, fun to read but not to take seriously.

All monetary concessions have been made. The only thing holding up the legislation is his unwillingness to budge on the collective bargaining issue.

The budget has absolutely nothing to do with this fight anymore.

every liberal politician in the 20th century including fdr viewed collective bargaining in the public sector as a dangerous and damaging power grab by unions. Why should the governor budge? Why can't the sub-standard teachers union fold their tents and go back to teaching instead of trying to extort money from the desperate people who live in a state which is broke?
Roosevelt:

"The process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service," Roosevelt wrote in 1937 to the National Federation of Federal Employees. Yes, public workers may demand fair treatment, wrote Roosevelt. But, he wrote, "I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place" in the public sector. "A strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government."

You NeoCons need to stop posting little snippets of FDRs letter you copied and pasted from some tea bagger website.

If you read and actually comprehend the whole letter FDR wrote, he wasn't saying any of those tea bagging things your websites claim he was saying.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3348575-post494.html

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Letter on the Resolution of Federation of Federal Employees Against Strikes in Federal Service

Whitehall is lying.

FDR was all for collective bargaining in the public sector as long as it did not endanger the war effort.

The teachers' union has the highest % of HS grads in the nation and the 2nd lowest state deficit in the nation: with a recognized collective-bargaining teachers union.

The states without such unions have the four highest deficits. The states with such unions have the three lowest deficits.

Whatever is causing state deficits is not the fault of the unions.

Hmmm. . . I wonder what we would discover if we compared Walker's proposed cuts from the government unions to the proposed corporate welfare breaks. Anybody want to bet they are anything but very, very close?

Stupid far right reactionaries truly do not understand just how fucking stupid they are and that the rest of America will catch on (and it always does) and throws their asses out of office.

Why did you 100% ignore the two links I provided which proved that you actually are coming from a completely emotional perspective as opposed to dealing with facts?

Provocateur does not post the link because he knows it will blow up in his face. The statement is way out of context. Post the link Prov.

What the heck are you talking about? Is this where you start your retarded spin so that you can try and confuse the issue so that you don't look like an idiot?

What link do you want?

Forum List

Back