The Republican Shakedown, yeah baby!

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Robert Reich: The Republican Shakedown

You can't fight something with nothing. But as long as Democrats refuse to talk about the almost unprecedented buildup of income, wealth, and power at the top -- and the refusal of the super-rich to pay their fair share of the nation's bills -- Republicans will convince people it's all about government and unions.

And this shit

The truth is that while the proximate cause of America's economic plunge was Wall Street's excesses leading up to the crash of 2008, its underlying cause -- and the reason the economy continues to be lousy for most Americans -- is so much income and wealth have been going to the very top that the vast majority no longer has the purchasing power to lift the economy out of its doldrums. American's aren't buying cars (they bought 17 million new cars in 2005, just 12 million last year). They're not buying homes (7.5 million in 2005, 4.6 million last year). They're not going to the malls (high-end retailers are booming but Wal-Mart's sales are down).

Only the richest 5 percent of Americans are back in the stores because their stock portfolios have soared. The Dow Jones Industrial Average has doubled from its crisis low. Wall Street pay is up to record levels. Total compensation and benefits at the 25 major Wall St firms had been $130 billion in 2007, before the crash; now it's close to $140 billion.

But a strong recovery can't be built on the purchases of the richest 5 percent.

The truth is if the super-rich paid their fair share of taxes, government wouldn't be broke. If Governor Scott Walker hadn't handed out tax breaks to corporations and the well-off, Wisconsin wouldn't be in a budget crisis. If Washington hadn't extended the Bush tax cuts for the rich, eviscerated the estate tax, and created loopholes for private-equity and hedge-fund managers, the federal budget wouldn't look nearly as bad

The focking in bold baby, now all you Repug debt hawks, please whip out your shit and show the proof for enormous government spending or just admit your leaders have skulled fucked you all into believing in lies so they can siphon more money to the rich.

Maybe because it is about government and unions.

You can lie through your teeth all you want. But it can't stand up to the scrutiny the truth does.

Robert Reich??

WOW. Thats one unbiased guy right there.

I'm sure I'd believe everything he says.

Isn't that cute? Fail&Won'tGo still getting his opinions from whining lefties. Somebody ought to 'splain to Fail what the phrase 'critical thought' means. Methinks it is above his paygrade.

Isn't that cute? Fail&Won'tGo still getting his opinions from whining lefties. Somebody ought to 'splain to Fail what the phrase 'critical thought' means. Methinks it is above his paygrade.

be nice if he wrote something that was original.

Quote:
You can't fight something with nothing. But as long as Democrats refuse to talk about the almost unprecedented buildup of income, wealth, and power at the top -- and the refusal of the super-rich to pay their fair share of the nation's bills -- Republicans will convince people it's all about government and unions.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: breathe:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thats all they friggin' talk about

Democrats held the majority in congress when Fannie Mae collapsed. Barney Frank said he had "ideological blinders" on when democrats were holding hearings on steroid use in Baseball while crooked CEO's like Frank Raines were walking away with 90 million dollars after allegedly cooking the Fannie books. Democrats created the crisis in the early 90's when they forced banks to make bad and risky loans or face civil rights litigation. Democrats created a scheme worthy of organized ctrime when they created a six figure salary no-show political hack Fannie board and authorized bad loans to be bundled up with good loans and sold back to lenders as good loans. How long did they expect this criminal scheme to last? Until a republican was in the white house?

You can lie through your teeth all you want. But it can't stand up to the scrutiny the truth does.

Are you saying what are in bold print is lies??

The extreme-righties are simply rabid-ideologues. They think that no amt of $ is too much all the while, the country has growing #'s of people in the middle-class falling through the cracks. All one has to do is read some of the comments by the Randites on USMB to prove it. Income disparity has become disparate in the obscene...errr....extreme.

now all you Repug debt hawks, please whip out your shit and show the proof for enormous government spending or just admit your leaders have skulled fucked you all into believing in lies so they can siphon more money to the rich.

"Show the proof for enormous government spending?"

Are you fucking kidding me? You cannot find the US Federal Budget on the internets?

Robert Reich??

You should NOT believe it until you prove it correct, but I doubt you have the talent to do that.

Robert Reich??

I have no idea what this post means. Is Reich biased? Wrong? Lying?

It's hard to tell which you are implying and why you are implying it.

Last edited:

Are you saying what are in bold print is lies??

Your powers of deduction are exceptional. I simply cant allow you to waste them here while so many crimes are going unsolved at this very moment. Go! Go! For the good of the nation!

now all you Repug debt hawks, please whip out your shit and show the proof for enormous government spending or just admit your leaders have skulled fucked you all into believing in lies so they can siphon more money to the rich.

Are you fucking kidding me? You cannot find the US Federal Budget on the internets?

Spending Trillions of dollars we don't have isnt enormous in his eyes.

Why does a fucktard like you continue to repeat the same shit over and over again about about government spending and ignore the shit that businesses have done that contributed to the countries financial crisis as well as the rising gap between the poor and rich? Certain government overspending could not have caused the rich to keep getting richer and poor getting poorer so what else was it? The fucking Koch Brothers have got you fucktards skull fucked brainwashed, they're getting richer while the majority of Americans are at war and divided amongst themselves.

Show me fucking proof of this enormous overspending by the government, I can show you proof that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting more poor but you faggots can't show any evidence of gross government overspending.

Show me fucking proof of this enormous overspending by the government, I can show you proof that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting more poor but you faggots can't show any evidence of gross government overspending.

There's no cure for "stupid" either.

:eusa_hand:

Sorry

There's no cure for "stupid" either.

:eusa_hand:

Sorry

You can't show shit when its time to come up with the proof so shut the fuck up, there is no cure for stupid, you're right, thats why Repugs keep asking for taxcuts for the rich during these tough times and when tough choices need to be made they don't think fucking twice about elimination tax cuts for the rich, because a cure for stupid hasn't been found, way to go fucktard, you found the root of the problem.

I bet dollars to donuts that the Randites on this forum will NEVER be as obscenely rich as the ones they constantly defend, at the behest of RuperTV (Fox News), who *cough* "earn" their $ off of dividends.

Democrats have the senate and a radical left wing president and the little freakazoid thinks there is some sort of conspiracy and "republican shakedown"? Reich needs to go back to his padded chair in elitist academia and put the tinfoil hat back on.

Forum List

Back