Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding

Are you trying to say that Jews are disrespecting Muslims by not taking the 'a' out of Allah? Kind of a goofy argument.
Not Jews, necessarily, I was asking jiliian why she herself doesn't.
Read Echo's link.
If you're not Christian but consider the Christian god to be the same as your own god but not so the Muslim god, it would seem you have a bias.

Maybe you didn't read the whole thread I explained it better a while back.

It isn't bigoted to leave the A in Allah.

This convo just gets more and more ridiculous.

Muslims don't traditionally ask that believers not spell out the name of Allah. Which is neither here nor there, since JILLIAN ISN'T A MUSLIM.

Good grief Anguille, you're so incredibly dense. Essentially you're saying that Jill is a bigot unless she treats all gods as though they are HER god. That's like telling Christians they must pretend that Christ isn't the Savior in order to not be bigoted towards Jews, or telling Muslims they can't pray to Allah 5 times a day unless they also pray to Buddha.

Allie, you have no idea what's being discussed, you are just butting in again. It's got nothing to do with how Muslims write Allah, it has to do with the Jewish rule for Jews. Go back and read again slooooowly ..

Allie, you have no idea what's being discussed, you are just butting in again. It's got nothing to do with how Muslims write Allah, it has to do with the Jewish rule for Jews. Go back and read again slooooowly ..

Bullshit. You're acting like a retard.

Angie wonders why jillian, who is Jewish, types out G-d, and it was explained, because the Jewish Custom is they don't write out the whole word, that way the name of G-d can't be defaced.

But then jillian typed out Allah, and ang wondered why she didn't leave out an "A" since Allah is the Muslim God.

But maybe jewish people don't recognize the Muslim's idea of God, so it's ok to type out Allah's name.

I'm just guessing here, I'm Methodist! :confused:

Did you read Echo's link? It makes me doubtful again about jillian's intentions. And since she refused to explain it to me and continues to be nasty to me, it kind of confirms my suspicions that she hates Muslims.

I wouldn't say she hates all Muslims. That would be unfair. However, if some people have a fear of and a dislike for the Muslims and their associations to violence in the world today based on their (the Muslim) stated hatred of Israel and America I can understand their position. Let's don't make it politically uncorrect to have human feelings and reactions to very real events.

Angie wonders why jillian, who is Jewish, types out G-d, and it was explained, because the Jewish Custom is they don't write out the whole word, that way the name of G-d can't be defaced.

But then jillian typed out Allah, and ang wondered why she didn't leave out an "A" since Allah is the Muslim God.

But maybe jewish people don't recognize the Muslim's idea of God, so it's ok to type out Allah's name.

And a very reasonable person too I might add.

[/b]

I wouldn't say she hates all Muslims. That would be unfair. However, if some people have a fear of and a dislike for the Muslims and their associations to violence in the world today based on their (the Muslim) stated hatred of Israel and America I can understand their position. Let's don't make it politically uncorrect to have human feelings and reactions to very real events.

I'd argue that with you, about lumping together all Muslims the world over and saying they all hate America and Israel but from your past posts you seem to be firmly convinced that they all are. You too, are sadly a bigot.

I wish she would have answered the question for me instead of leaving it up to speculation but she said she didn't have to explain anything to me. Perfectly within in her rights not to. But it just leaves me thinking that her refusal to explain, combined with all her angry comments to me whenever I question Israel or express compassion for Palestian civilians and their children, her calling me an anti-semite anf a terrorist supporter because I have Muslim friends, all that makes me think her spelling out Allah has less to do with religion and more to do with hate.

Not Jews, necessarily, I was asking jiliian why she herself doesn't.
Read Echo's link.
If you're not Christian but consider the Christian god to be the same as your own god but not so the Muslim god, it would seem you have a bias.

Maybe you didn't read the whole thread I explained it better a while back.

Jillian is Jewish. I think it's clear she is upset about what's going on in Gaza, and with Hamas.

I don't know if she considers Allah the same as G-d.

If she has a bias, so what? I think most of us have biases.

Echo Zulu admits she is just guessing about Jillian's views.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish she would have answered the question for me instead of leaving it up to speculation but she said she didn't have to explain anything to me. Perfectly within in her rights not to. But it just leaves me thinking that her refusal to explain, combined with all her angry comments to me whenever I question Israel or express compassion for Palestian civilians and their children, her calling me an anti-semite anf a terrorist supporter because I have Muslim friends, all that makes me think her spelling out Allah has less to do with religion and more to do with hate.

That's an idiotic leap to make. But the fact remains....leaving the "o"out of "God" but not eliminating the "a" in Allah is in no way indicative of bigotry.

I'd argue that with you, about lumping together all Muslims the world over and saying they all hate America and Israel but from your past posts you seem to be firmly convinced that they all are. You too, are sadly a bigot.

Whatever Anguille, whatever. Are you some of the same people who explain, condone, empathazie with and understand the Muslim hatred of all things Jewish and American! I bet you are a bigot too.

That's an idiotic leap to make. But the fact remains....leaving the "o"out of "God" but not eliminating the "a" in Allah is in no way indicative of bigotry.

It is in Anguille's mind and you are never gonna change that.

with respect, i don't recall jillian doing that. could you possibly be misinterpreting? i like jillian although i disagree with her on most things, and i really don't think she's a hater.

just my 2 cents.

I'm sorry... distorting facts to try to get attention? You're so banal...

No one called you an anti-semite because you have muslim friends. Hello I have muslim friends too. You're an anti-semite because you are. I can't tell you what made you that way.

I have decided, however, that eels are only useful in sushi.

Forum List

Back