Wait -- Obamacare isn't an issue anymore?

Every person I have spoken with that has Obamacare hate it. That includes die hard moron liberals that I know.

I would bet the liberals you allegedly know hate ObamaCare for entirely different reasons than why the right wing does.

Liberals hate ObamaCare for not going far enough. They want single payer. And they are going to get it, too. In our lifetimes.

You think I will let you pathetic liberals forget about this?

You like that video, eh? I guess you failed to notice how Obama's statements were taken out of context.

For example, here is the context of what he was talking about in the second clip.

His eliminating "employer coverage" – not "private" coverage – comment is about people buying insurance through this exchange or "pool" rather than through their jobs so insurance would be portable. Here are Obama’s comments in context:

Obama, March 24, 2007: Another principle is that it’s going to have to be some form of pooling of costs of risk. And there are going to be a number of proposals, and they’re out. I heard in some of the previous questions that one pool would be the federal pool that already exists for myself and other federal workers. Some states, like California and Massachusetts, already started to set up their pools. Whatever the mechanism, we going to have to have a pooling system so that individuals have the benefits of being part of a larger group. …

As I indicated before, I think that we’re going to have to have some system where people can buy into a larger pool. Right now their pool typically is the employer, but there are other ways of doing it. I would like to — I would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. But I don’t think we’re going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There’s going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out where we’ve got a much more portable system. Employers still have the option of providing coverage, but many people may find that they get better coverage, or at least coverage that gives them more for health care dollars than they spend outside of their employer. And I think we’ve got to facilitate that and let individuals make that choice to transition out of employer coverage.

Eliminating employer-sponsored health insurance is an idea whose time is long past due. Making insurance more portable would be a very good thing.

Tell that to my employees. Some of them have checked with the exchange and found that their deductibles are going through the roof. The BCBS major plan I provide through my company's contract with BCBS offers them a $300.00 individual deductible and a $700.00 family deductible and is accepted by almost every medical provider. The exchange plans are very restrictive in provider participation.

It's still an issue, just not the singular issue...there are so many to choose from now.:eusa_whistle:

Thanks for suggesting that Obamacare is not that bad after all and that it is indeed working for Americans everywhere. :eusa_clap:
What candidates say in campaigns lives long after the campaign is dead and gone. Republican rhetoric in the heat of the fight over Obamacare is beginning to comeback and haunt them. Where is the financial collapse of America if Obamacare passes? And what about the 60 million Americans who lost their insurance due to Obamacare? And the millions of people who will die due to Obamacare How many people can't find a family doctor or is on a waiting list to get into the hospital? And what happen to the half million doctors that will leave the profession?

What will probably be the biggest problem is the promise to repeal Obamacare. Due to the expansion of Obamacare we have 6 million more people on Medicaid. We have an additional 1.4 million people that signed up for individual insurance that previously were uninsured. All toll we are up 9.3 million people that have insurance due to Obamacare. By 2016, the figure will be over 12 million. The repeal of Obamacare boat is long gone, if it ever really existed. Any effort at appeal will be accompanied by legislation that will duplicated 95% of Obamacare.

tell that to the people who have lost coverage or had their premiums and deductibles doubled. Keep the two good things 1. cannot be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions, 2. no lifetime maximum payments. and scrap the rest of it.

and get healthcare OUT of the IRS.
Scrap the rest? What about the 6 million plus on Expanded Medicaid and millions of low income earners that are receiving large subsidies that are paying most of their insurance premium, and young people under 26 who would loose the coverage of their parents policy. Senior's loose the yearly wellness exam, increased preventive care screenings, and the reduction in drug costs from elimination of donut hole. Doctors in rural areas loose the increased bonuses and hospitals loose the incentive bonuses for better quality and lower costs. Some employees would loose insurance coverage and others would find themselves back on junk insurance plans.

Keeping the ban on preexisting condition means keeping the individual mandate which is probably the most controversial part of the law.

No, you can't just repeal the law and turn the clock back to 2008. That would never fly. A replacement for Obamacare would be ever bit as complex and would have to provide the same benefits we currently have.

first, those 6 million would not have been denied medical care before ACA. NO ONE was denied medical care before ACA. It was a fix for a non problem. There was no healthcare crisis.

A 26 year old adult should not be dependent on his/her parents. WTF is wrong with this society that it thinks such a thing should be subsidized by those who are actually working?

A annual wellness exam is a provision of medicare, not ACA.

There will be as many, if not more, uninsured americans after full implementation of ACA as there were before that POS bill was rammed through congress by dems only before anyone knew what was in it.

If you are going to rant about this, at least have some of your facts correct.
You seem to be debating the value of the ACA which has been done at least a million times. I'm not going to cover the same points over and over. The facts speak for themselves. The ACA has become deep rooted in our healthcare system. Going back is just not possible. Even if republicans controlled ever seat in congress and the presidency it still wouldn't happen for a number or reasons:

First off, 27 states, some of which are red states have implemented the Medicaid Expansion which increased the eligibility to 133% of the poverty level and is paid for 100% by the federal government. To repeal the law means those states would either have to replace the federal funds, or explain to millions of people why reducing taxes for the top 1% is more important than their healthcare.

Do you really think any congressman is going to vote for legislation that will eliminate a 56% subsidy for a family of 5 with a family income of $50,000 or increase the Medicare donut hole. Since the ACA was established in 2010, more than 6.3 million people with Medicare saved over $6.1 billion on prescription drugs due to the ACA changes to Medicare. Then there's the 7.8 million young people who would be dropped from their parents health insurance plan. Regardless of whether they should be allow the coverage, there would be a huge backlash if it was eliminated.

To set the record straight on some of your comments:

"A annual wellness exam is a provision of medicare, not ACA."
As of January 2011, Medicare began covering an Annual Wellness Visit (AWV), a new benefit resulting from the Affordable Care Act. The ACA made a number of changes in Medicare, one being the AWV and the closure of the prescription drug donut hole.
Understanding Medicare s Annual Wellness Visit Frequently Asked Questions

"first, those 6 million would not have been denied medical care before ACA. NO ONE was denied medical care before ACA."
No, medical care is not just emergency room care which was what was available to the low income families across the country without Medicaid or private insurance. There was no nationwide coverage for doctors visits, most preventive care, prescription drugs, chronic mental health problems, or treatment for chronic diseases. The ACA Medicaid Expansion is adding millions of people without insurance to Medicaid which will provide complete healthcare coverage.

Fucking liberals thinking the fraudulent obamacare is not an issue only proves to me that the liberals on this board have no concept of life. They make too obvious that they do not even pay for their own bills.

Every person I have spoken with that has Obamacare hate it. That includes die hard moron liberals that I know.

Anyone claiming that there is mass satisfaction of the bullshit known as Obamacare are fucking liars. It is almost as though they work for the Obama administration, seeing how they blatantly lie about people being satisfied.

Are the lies more pathetic than the liberals who defend the lies? Or ignore the lies? Or that they brag that they voted for the liar twice?

My guess is that most republican congressmen running will certainly condemn Obamacare but as far as a commitment and follow thru to turn the clock back to 2008, it ain't gonna happen.

Fucking liberals thinking the fraudulent obamacare is not an issue only proves to me that the liberals on this board have no concept of life. They make too obvious that they do not even pay for their own bills.

Anyone claiming that there is mass satisfaction of the bullshit known as Obamacare are fucking liars. It is almost as though they work for the Obama administration, seeing how they blatantly lie about people being satisfied.

Are the lies more pathetic than the liberals who defend the lies? Or ignore the lies? Or that they brag that they voted for the liar twice?

My guess is that most republican congressmen running will certainly condemn Obamacare but as far as a commitment and follow thru to turn the clock back to 2008, it ain't gonna happen.

You bet it will.

It won't be long either.

Independents aligned with the GOP.

The GOP ran against Obamacare......and waxed the dems.

You bet it is an issue.

Forum List

Back