Wait -- Obamacare isn't an issue anymore?

Hack article by CNN. 39% of Americans approve of Obamacare. Of course this issue is a winner for the GOP. I haven't seen one candidate run on the merits of obamacare.
Then you're not paying attention.

Kay Hagen and Mark Pryor are both running favorable Obamacare ads in their Senate races. I'm sure there are many more.

then they are taking a huge risk and will probably lose. Fine with me. I think all dems should run on how wonderful obozocare is. Tell the voters that their double premiums and trippled deductibles are for the good of the country. Tell them that their higher payments are making it free for others. Tell that congress voted itself exempt from the premium increases. Tell them that unions and many companies are exempt, but that average american workers are not.

Bring it on, run on obamacare. Can't wait.

Too bad for you ODS wingnuts a lot of that shit hasn't really been happening. A whole bunch of AFP ads came out talking about the horrors people supposedly experienced and they all got shot down.

When you get right down to it, the only thing really unpopular about the law, at this point, is just its name. That's why it's not going anywhere.

Real people are experiencing the disaster named obamacare. The stories are real.

I remember when repubs planned on running against the President over gas prices lol

Good thing they didn't run against a President on gas prices because that would be retarded.... Retarded like when the Democrats did it and won, lol... lol.... l ... o ..... l.....

You Obamabots are a fucking political joke.

[MENTION][/MENTION]
Hack article by CNN. 39% of Americans approve of Obamacare. Of course this issue is a winner for the GOP. I haven't seen one candidate run on the merits of obamacare.

Not anymore. Polls are showing that Obamacare is working quite nicely and just in time for the elections. Roger that.

39% is the recent average of all of the known polling companies, and that number is trending downwards.
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Nope, polls are indicating Obamacare favorable ratings are up and rising as we speak. Try as you might.

Indeed it is still an issue. As an employer, I have notified my employees that I may be forced to opt out of offering employer sponsored major medical in 2015 and force them onto the exchanges or another option of their choice.

Every time I talk to someone in the service industry that now has health insurance, due to Obamacare. I know that it is working. The GOP will be taking credit for the ACA in a few years...sort of like how they shoult their support of Social Security....now.

edtoon7-23-09_605.jpg

It's still an issue, just not the singular issue...there are so many to choose from now.:eusa_whistle:

Thanks for suggesting that Obamacare is not that bad after all and that it is indeed working for Americans everywhere. :eusa_clap:
What candidates say in campaigns lives long after the campaign is dead and gone. Republican rhetoric in the heat of the fight over Obamacare is beginning to comeback and haunt them. Where is the financial collapse of America if Obamacare passes? And what about the 60 million Americans who lost their insurance due to Obamacare? And the millions of people who will die due to Obamacare How many people can't find a family doctor or is on a waiting list to get into the hospital? And what happen to the half million doctors that will leave the profession?

What will probably be the biggest problem is the promise to repeal Obamacare. Due to the expansion of Obamacare we have 6 million more people on Medicaid. We have an additional 1.4 million people that signed up for individual insurance that previously were uninsured. All toll we are up 9.3 million people that have insurance due to Obamacare. By 2016, the figure will be over 12 million. The repeal of Obamacare boat is long gone, if it ever really existed. Any effort at appeal will be accompanied by legislation that will duplicated 95% of Obamacare.

tell that to the people who have lost coverage or had their premiums and deductibles doubled. Keep the two good things 1. cannot be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions, 2. no lifetime maximum payments. and scrap the rest of it.

and get healthcare OUT of the IRS.
Scrap the rest? What about the 6 million plus on Expanded Medicaid and millions of low income earners that are receiving large subsidies that are paying most of their insurance premium, and young people under 26 who would loose the coverage of their parents policy. Senior's loose the yearly wellness exam, increased preventive care screenings, and the reduction in drug costs from elimination of donut hole. Doctors in rural areas loose the increased bonuses and hospitals loose the incentive bonuses for better quality and lower costs. Some employees would loose insurance coverage and others would find themselves back on junk insurance plans.

Keeping the ban on preexisting condition means keeping the individual mandate which is probably the most controversial part of the law.

No, you can't just repeal the law and turn the clock back to 2008. That would never fly. A replacement for Obamacare would be ever bit as complex and would have to provide the same benefits we currently have.

Fucking liberals thinking the fraudulent obamacare is not an issue only proves to me that the liberals on this board have no concept of life. They make too obvious that they do not even pay for their own bills.

Every person I have spoken with that has Obamacare hate it. That includes die hard moron liberals that I know.

Anyone claiming that there is mass satisfaction of the bullshit known as Obamacare are fucking liars. It is almost as though they work for the Obama administration, seeing how they blatantly lie about people being satisfied.

You think I will let you pathetic liberals forget about this?

Are the lies more pathetic than the liberals who defend the lies? Or ignore the lies? Or that they brag that they voted for the liar twice?

[MENTION][/MENTION]

Not anymore. Polls are showing that Obamacare is working quite nicely and just in time for the elections. Roger that.

39% is the recent average of all of the known polling companies, and that number is trending downwards.

Nope, polls are indicating Obamacare favorable ratings are up and rising as we speak. Try as you might.

Indeed it is still an issue. As an employer, I have notified my employees that I may be forced to opt out of offering employer sponsored major medical in 2015 and force them onto the exchanges or another option of their choice.
Depending on the number of employees and their income the Individual marketplace might be the best option for both you and your employees. If I had less than 25 employees, I would definitely consider the Shop market place.

[MENTION][/MENTION]

Depending on the number of employees and their income the Individual marketplace might be the best option for both you and your employees. If I had less than 25 employees, I would definitely consider the Shop market place.

Every person I have spoken with that has Obamacare hate it. That includes die hard moron liberals that I know.

I would bet the liberals you allegedly know hate ObamaCare for entirely different reasons than why the right wing does.

Liberals hate ObamaCare for not going far enough. They want single payer. And they are going to get it, too. In our lifetimes.

You like that video, eh? I guess you failed to notice how Obama's statements were taken out of context.

For example, here is the context of what he was talking about in the second clip.

His eliminating "employer coverage" – not "private" coverage – comment is about people buying insurance through this exchange or "pool" rather than through their jobs so insurance would be portable. Here are Obama’s comments in context:

Obama, March 24, 2007: Another principle is that it’s going to have to be some form of pooling of costs of risk. And there are going to be a number of proposals, and they’re out. I heard in some of the previous questions that one pool would be the federal pool that already exists for myself and other federal workers. Some states, like California and Massachusetts, already started to set up their pools. Whatever the mechanism, we going to have to have a pooling system so that individuals have the benefits of being part of a larger group. …

As I indicated before, I think that we’re going to have to have some system where people can buy into a larger pool. Right now their pool typically is the employer, but there are other ways of doing it. I would like to — I would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. But I don’t think we’re going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There’s going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out where we’ve got a much more portable system. Employers still have the option of providing coverage, but many people may find that they get better coverage, or at least coverage that gives them more for health care dollars than they spend outside of their employer. And I think we’ve got to facilitate that and let individuals make that choice to transition out of employer coverage.

Eliminating employer-sponsored health insurance is an idea whose time is long past due. Making insurance more portable would be a very good thing.

I would bet the liberals you allegedly know hate ObamaCare for entirely different reasons than why the right wing does.

Liberals hate ObamaCare for not going far enough. They want single payer. And they are going to get it, too. In our lifetimes.

You like that video, eh? I guess you failed to notice how Obama's statements were taken out of context.

For example, here is the context of what he was talking about in the second clip.

His eliminating "employer coverage" – not "private" coverage – comment is about people buying insurance through this exchange or "pool" rather than through their jobs so insurance would be portable. Here are Obama’s comments in context:

Obama, March 24, 2007: Another principle is that it’s going to have to be some form of pooling of costs of risk. And there are going to be a number of proposals, and they’re out. I heard in some of the previous questions that one pool would be the federal pool that already exists for myself and other federal workers. Some states, like California and Massachusetts, already started to set up their pools. Whatever the mechanism, we going to have to have a pooling system so that individuals have the benefits of being part of a larger group. …

As I indicated before, I think that we’re going to have to have some system where people can buy into a larger pool. Right now their pool typically is the employer, but there are other ways of doing it. I would like to — I would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. But I don’t think we’re going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There’s going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out where we’ve got a much more portable system. Employers still have the option of providing coverage, but many people may find that they get better coverage, or at least coverage that gives them more for health care dollars than they spend outside of their employer. And I think we’ve got to facilitate that and let individuals make that choice to transition out of employer coverage.

Eliminating employer-sponsored health insurance is an idea whose time is long past due. Making insurance more portable would be a very good thing.

Employee sponsored health insurance was never a good idea. It started with a few corporations providing it to execs and high level employees. Then the unions jumped on board forcing employers to extend it to all employees. I think the main problem is the insurance companies are selling to wrong customers, the employer instead of the employee.

You should see how many people who have had their hours cut to 30 and had to get a second job still think Obamacare is a big issue.

This one factor alone is going to streamroll you in 2014. Even if the Democrats did everything else 100% right and all the other scandals were indeed "phony," this ONE particular bitchslap from Obama to the WORKING American public stings like a HOT IRON.

Then you're not paying attention.

Kay Hagen and Mark Pryor are both running favorable Obamacare ads in their Senate races. I'm sure there are many more.

then they are taking a huge risk and will probably lose. Fine with me. I think all dems should run on how wonderful obozocare is. Tell the voters that their double premiums and trippled deductibles are for the good of the country. Tell them that their higher payments are making it free for others. Tell that congress voted itself exempt from the premium increases. Tell them that unions and many companies are exempt, but that average american workers are not.

Bring it on, run on obamacare. Can't wait.

Too bad for you ODS wingnuts a lot of that shit hasn't really been happening. A whole bunch of AFP ads came out talking about the horrors people supposedly experienced and they all got shot down.

When you get right down to it, the only thing really unpopular about the law, at this point, is just its name. That's why it's not going anywhere.

Real people are experiencing the disaster named obamacare. The stories are real.

Might want to get your wingnut mouthpieces to come up with better examples, then. Haven't seen too many horror story ads lately since the one in Michigan got debunked.

Fucking liberals thinking the fraudulent obamacare is not an issue only proves to me that the liberals on this board have no concept of life. They make too obvious that they do not even pay for their own bills.

Anyone claiming that there is mass satisfaction of the bullshit known as Obamacare are fucking liars. It is almost as though they work for the Obama administration, seeing how they blatantly lie about people being satisfied.

Are the lies more pathetic than the liberals who defend the lies? Or ignore the lies? Or that they brag that they voted for the liar twice?

I'll bet you believe the repeal fairy is gonna come through for you, too.

It's still an issue, just not the singular issue...there are so many to choose from now.:eusa_whistle:

Thanks for suggesting that Obamacare is not that bad after all and that it is indeed working for Americans everywhere. :eusa_clap:
What candidates say in campaigns lives long after the campaign is dead and gone. Republican rhetoric in the heat of the fight over Obamacare is beginning to comeback and haunt them. Where is the financial collapse of America if Obamacare passes? And what about the 60 million Americans who lost their insurance due to Obamacare? And the millions of people who will die due to Obamacare How many people can't find a family doctor or is on a waiting list to get into the hospital? And what happen to the half million doctors that will leave the profession?

What will probably be the biggest problem is the promise to repeal Obamacare. Due to the expansion of Obamacare we have 6 million more people on Medicaid. We have an additional 1.4 million people that signed up for individual insurance that previously were uninsured. All toll we are up 9.3 million people that have insurance due to Obamacare. By 2016, the figure will be over 12 million. The repeal of Obamacare boat is long gone, if it ever really existed. Any effort at appeal will be accompanied by legislation that will duplicated 95% of Obamacare.

tell that to the people who have lost coverage or had their premiums and deductibles doubled. Keep the two good things 1. cannot be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions, 2. no lifetime maximum payments. and scrap the rest of it.

Scrap the rest? What about the 6 million plus on Expanded Medicaid and millions of low income earners that are receiving large subsidies that are paying most of their insurance premium, and young people under 26 who would loose the coverage of their parents policy. Senior's loose the yearly wellness exam, increased preventive care screenings, and the reduction in drug costs from elimination of donut hole. Doctors in rural areas loose the increased bonuses and hospitals loose the incentive bonuses for better quality and lower costs. Some employees would loose insurance coverage and others would find themselves back on junk insurance plans.

Keeping the ban on preexisting condition means keeping the individual mandate which is probably the most controversial part of the law.

No, you can't just repeal the law and turn the clock back to 2008. That would never fly. A replacement for Obamacare would be ever bit as complex and would have to provide the same benefits we currently have.

first, those 6 million would not have been denied medical care before ACA. NO ONE was denied medical care before ACA. It was a fix for a non problem. There was no healthcare crisis.

A 26 year old adult should not be dependent on his/her parents. WTF is wrong with this society that it thinks such a thing should be subsidized by those who are actually working?

A annual wellness exam is a provision of medicare, not ACA.

There will be as many, if not more, uninsured americans after full implementation of ACA as there were before that POS bill was rammed through congress by dems only before anyone knew what was in it.

If you are going to rant about this, at least have some of your facts correct.

Employee sponsored health insurance was never a good idea. It started with a few corporations providing it to execs and high level employees. Then the unions jumped on board forcing employers to extend it to all employees. I think the main problem is the insurance companies are selling to wrong customers, the employer instead of the employee.

That is one of the most stupid postings ever on this forum. You have no idea what you are talking about.

first, those 6 million would not have been denied medical care before ACA. NO ONE was denied medical care before ACA. It was a fix for a non problem. There was no healthcare crisis.

A 26 year old adult should not be dependent on his/her parents. WTF is wrong with this society that it thinks such a thing should be subsidized by those who are actually working?

There will be as many, if not more, uninsured americans after full implementation of ACA as there were before that POS bill was rammed through congress by dems only before anyone knew what was in it.

Obama said, and I paraphrase: If you have insurance through your job then we are going to work with your employer to lower your premiums by $2500 for the typical family.

By O's own standard, ACA is a failure.

If you like your plan/doctor, you can keep your plan/doctor .... by O's own standard (Lie of the Year), ACA is a failure.ACA does nothing to lower the cost of health services at the point of service. By this standard it, ACA is a failure. The cost to the taxpayer is outrageous. The government (we) could have bought the newly insured a good policy directly from the insurance company for 1/2 the price. By that standard, ACA is a failure.

These are not conclusions that anyone needs to wait to jump to. They are currently real.

ACA is no different than Cash For Clunkers; just remove the clunkers and insert people. Not that any of the fucking morons on the left would care, even if they knew about these facts. Cause these types of facts are not reported in the places where the tards on the left get their "facts." More like, "half baked" facts at best and outright lies at worst.

Anyone here claiming Obamacare has been a success story is a liar, does not pay for their own bills, and are confusing people being simply covered and those being deprived quality care. What we do know for fact is millions of people (mainly the middle class) have lost their doctors, lost their coverage that they truly need, and it has been replaced by inadequate provisions.

You stupid brainwashed fucking liberals.

Obama said, and I paraphrase: If you have insurance through your job then we are going to work with your employer to lower your premiums by $2500 for the typical family.

By O's own standard, ACA is a failure.

If you like your plan/doctor, you can keep your plan/doctor .... by O's own standard (Lie of the Year), ACA is a failure.ACA does nothing to lower the cost of health services at the point of service. By this standard it, ACA is a failure. The cost to the taxpayer is outrageous. The government (we) could have bought the newly insured a good policy directly from the insurance company for 1/2 the price. By that standard, ACA is a failure.

These are not conclusions that anyone needs to wait to jump to. They are currently real.

ACA is no different than Cash For Clunkers; just remove the clunkers and insert people. Not that any of the fucking morons on the left would care, even if they knew about these facts. Cause these types of facts are not reported in the places where the tards on the left get their "facts." More like, "half baked" facts at best and outright lies at worst.

Anyone here claiming Obamacare has been a success story is a liar, does not pay for their own bills, and are confusing people being simply covered and those being deprived quality care. What we do know for fact is millions of people (mainly the middle class) have lost their doctors, lost their coverage that they truly need, and it has been replaced by inadequate provisions.

You stupid brainwashed fucking liberals.

:beer:

well said, and totally correct.

That is one of the most stupid postings ever on this forum. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Care to expand on that?

Forum List

Back