Wait a minute: The guns in Fast and Furious didn't originate from the government?

The Fortune magazine article is based on Ms. Eban's opinion. Hardly anyone in the administration denies the allegations that the ATF allowed the guns to be shipped to Mexico. As a matter of fact even Obama spokespeople and democrats acknowledge that the program was a complete and abject failure and some ATF agents were fired. The question remains why the A.G. refuses to comply with the congressional subpoena as he is required to by law.

1. Because there are "other" ongoing investigations.

2. President Obama invoked Executive Privilege (as Bush did SIX times).

If Obama was not involved in any way shape or form with any part of Operation: Fast and Furious then why oh why would dear leader need to invoke EP?

Of course Obama has the right under certain circumstances to invoke Executive Privilege.
But why did he?

You see that's the question. That's the real issue. As Sen. Grassley put it, it has to be frivolous or it means Obama's involved.

Pandora's box. :D

[
Further, on June 28, 2007, Bush invoked executive privilege in response to congressional subpoenas requesting documents from former presidential counsel Harriet Miers and former political director Sara Taylor,[10] citing that:

The reason for these distinctions rests upon a bedrock presidential prerogative: for the President to perform his constitutional duties, it is imperative that he receive candid and unfettered advice and that free and open discussions and deliberations occur among his advisors and between those advisors and others within and outside the Executive Branch.
Executive privilege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the same as asking your superior "permission to speak freely sir".
And the POTUS is directly involved.... was Obama involved or not???

Read it Sallow... you are wrong man.

I'm not wrong at all.

I can read it fine.

Here's the thing. You guys are inconsistent. You think what applies to one Person doesn't apply to another.

Precedent and Equal treatment are important when you are dealing with matters of the law.

Once that breaks done..it goes to heck.

This is the same as asking your superior "permission to speak freely sir".
And the POTUS is directly involved.... was Obama involved or not???

Read it Sallow... you are wrong man.

I'm not wrong at all.

I can read it fine.

Here's the thing. You guys are inconsistent. You think what applies to one Person doesn't apply to another.

Precedent and Equal treatment are important when you are dealing with matters of the law.

Once that breaks done..it goes to heck.

Darrell Issa Challenges Barack Obama’s Executive Privilege Assertion : Roll Call News

Executive privilege is limited to “documents and communications that implicate the confidentiality of the President’s decision-making process, defined as those documents and communications to and from the President and his most senior advisers. Even then, it is a qualified privilege that is overcome by a showing of the committee’s need for the documents,” Issa wrote.

“To date, the White House has steadfastly maintained that it has not had any role in advising the [Justice] Department with respect to the Congressional investigation. The surprising assertion of executive privilege raised the question of whether that is still the case,” Issa said.

Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Last edited:
Obama Stimulus didn't fail + Fast & Furious never happened = Libs have lost

Yup. Every thing with the ATF and DOJ is coming up smelling like roses. Rainbows and lollipops all around.

hehehehe. I'm witnessing full scale meltdowns on several boards. :D I'm enjoying every minute of it.

On the serious side, now more than ever I want heads to roll. The more I discover, the angrier I get. At this point I'm seething.

Actually SHALLOW not providing those documents is the reason Holder WILL be held in contempt tomorrow, but keep living in your delusion. You are a ignorant hypocrite.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyO1TAcqCvk]Holder to Issa: 'Have You No Shame?' - YouTube[/ame]

Actually SHALLOW not providing those documents is the reason Holder WILL be held in contempt tomorrow, but keep living in your delusion. You are a ignorant hypocrite.

Holder to Issa: 'Have You No Shame?' - YouTube

Oh Bullshit.

And hitching your wagon to an arsonist car thief really looks bad.

Seriously.

Issa's a real life scumbag.

He committed crimes..then blamed his brother.

Gotta love that.

:badgrin:

Are you freeking kidding me????

“During the June 19th meeting, the Attorney General stated he wanted to ‘buy peace.’ He indicated a willingness to produce the ‘fair compilation’ of post-February 4 documents. He told me that he would provide the ‘fair compilation’ of documents on three conditions: (1) that I permanently cancel the contempt vote; (2) that I agree the Department was in full compliance with the Committee’s subpoenas, and; (3) that I accept the ‘fair compilation,’ sight unseen.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/darrel...ive_privilege_assertion-215683-1.html?pos=hln

Last edited:

Oh Bullshit.

Seriously.

Gotta love that.

Quit deflecting and man up for once... This stinks and the stench is eminating from the White House and DOJ... :eusa_hand:

Oh Bullshit.

Seriously.

Gotta love that.

Bullshit? Well I guess we'll see in...hours now.

BTW You still haven't provided that link...why...because you are wrong.

Going through your posts, you have a pattern of calling those you disagree with 'fags', which again shows you are a classless piece of human excrement. :eusa_clap:

Oh Bullshit.

Seriously.

Gotta love that.

Bullshit? Well I guess we'll see in...hours now.

BTW You still haven't provided that link...why...because you are wrong.

Going through your posts, you have a pattern of calling those you disagree with 'fags', which again shows you are a classless piece of human excrement. :eusa_clap:

On the other hand... we have provided links and proof.

Go figure... we are the ones who happen to be wrong.

I dont care, we have the truth on our side... and the truth has no agenda

Holy shit.

All they were doing..it seems, was MONITORING gun sales.

It wasn't even like Wide Reciever..where the ATF actually had the guns to begin with.

“There was no effort to get more guns to the straw purchasers,” Eban said in an interview with host Al Sharpton, summarizing her findings. “The ATF agents in question did everything that they could to seize guns, and basically prosecutors determined that they didn’t have grounds under the laws as written to seize most of the guns that wound up flowing ultimately to criminals; that is a far cry from guns being walked.”
Fortune report complicates Fast and Furious story. Writer: 'There was no effort to get more guns to the straw purchasers' - Lean Forward

So basically..they just watched the sales..went to prosecutors in Arizona to arrest these folks..and the prosecutors refused.

THAT'S THE BIG SCANDAL?

Well it is, sorta, because it's the gun nuts that kept the ATF from stopping the gun walking.

It's like the cons on here are full of shit.

Holy shit.

It wasn't even like Wide Reciever..where the ATF actually had the guns to begin with.

“There was no effort to get more guns to the straw purchasers,” Eban said in an interview with host Al Sharpton, summarizing her findings. “The ATF agents in question did everything that they could to seize guns, and basically prosecutors determined that they didn’t have grounds under the laws as written to seize most of the guns that wound up flowing ultimately to criminals; that is a far cry from guns being walked.”
Fortune report complicates Fast and Furious story. Writer: 'There was no effort to get more guns to the straw purchasers' - Lean Forward

So basically..they just watched the sales..went to prosecutors in Arizona to arrest these folks..and the prosecutors refused.

THAT'S THE BIG SCANDAL?

Well it is, sorta, because it's the gun nuts that kept the ATF from stopping the gun walking.

Wait, so they sat by and Let guns get bought here and taken there but it's okay because they were not our guns?

Wow you are a fucking idiot.

Yeah they were our Guns in Wide Receiver, you know why? so we could FUCKING HIDE radio Tacking Devices on them, and actually Track the FUCKING GUNS.

What is the Point of simply watching a Gun Deal go Down, and letting the guns walk. What the hell do you expect to gain by it? Hmmm?

Last edited:
Holy shit.

THAT'S THE BIG SCANDAL?

Wait, so they say buy and Let guns get bought here and taken there but it's okay because they were not our guns?

Yeah they were our Guns in Wide Receiver, you know why? so we could FUCKING HIDE radio Tacking Devices on them, and actually Track the FUCKING GUNS.

What is the Point of simply watching a Gun Deal go Down, and letting the guns walk. What the hell do you expect to gain by it? Hmmm?

But they weren't our guns in F&F. The ATF was powerless to legally do anything due to, you guessed it, gun laws.

This whole "the ATF killed Brian Terry" is starting to look a little ghoulish.

This is going to be a different story in a week.

Holy shit.

THAT'S THE BIG SCANDAL?

Wait, so they say buy and Let guns get bought here and taken there but it's okay because they were not our guns?

But they weren't our guns in F&F. The ATF was powerless to legally do anything due to, you guessed it, gun laws.

This whole "the ATF killed Brian Terry" is starting to look a little ghoulish.

This is going to be a different story in a week.

Who was behind Operation Fast and Furious?

Please tell me Obama and Holder informed you before invoking EP :eusa_pray:

Last edited:
Another fag?

Can't tell the difference between men and women?

Cause men are women and women are men?

You fucks are freaks.

You are a classless, ignorant, bigot, piece of human excrement--your posts demonstrates that very well.

Oh go fuck yourself, asswipe.

And learn to stick with your own battles you cowardly piece of dog shit.

Uh-oh, Swallow is upset again. She must have gotten another 'correction' from her pimp. The poor little thing.

They didn't "sanction" shit.

They watched it go down.

These sales go on daily. 85% of the guns in Mexico come from the US.

That's NOT because of Fast and Furious.

We had that very same problem in NYC. Most illegal guns that wound up here started out in Virginia.

That 85% number is blatantly false.

The President tried to float that myth already and Factcheck.org quickly debunked it.

"But is it true, as President Obama said, that "[m]ore than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States?"

Government statistics don’t actually support that claim."

FactCheck.org: Counting Mexico's Guns

It's not "debunked".

What it says is the data is unreliable since serial numbers on recovered guns have been removed.

But what isn't removed is that fine American craftsmenship..that just screams "Made in the US".
Yup. AKs clearly say "Made in the USA"

Retard.

Yeah...it seems that it was Holder that put a stop to a practice put into place by PEOPLE HIRED BY GEORGE W. BUSH's ADMINISTRATION.

In other words..he did the right thing.

And for it...the Criminal Darrell Issa..is raking him over the coals.

So what you have hear is an instance where ATF agents watched illegal sales, went to the prosecutors in Arizona..who in turn, did nothing.

Holder stopped that practice.

So NOW..the gun sellers can sell guns to guys who will take them to Mexico..in peace.

Happy?
Ummm, you are really looking horribly uninformed on this.

You don't even know the differences between Operation Wide Receiver and Fast and Furious.

Forum List

Back