Wacky Jane Mayer has lengthy piece in The New Yorker defending Creepy Al Frankenstein! MUST READ!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The Case of Al Franken

Mayer's main argument: 1) Here are some women Al Franken DIDN'T sexually harass. (Even Harvey Weinstein didn't grope every woman he saw!)

Jane Mayer's back-up argument: Leeann Tweeden is a conservative! (Then why not mention that EVERY OTHER WOMAN who accused Franken was a Democrat?)

She was a major backer of the Blasey-Ford smear of Kavanaugh and said ALL victims of sexual assaults must be believed and taken seriously....but now that doesn't apply to Tweeden and Franken.

A double standard change of direction from an unbelievable liar and political operative. Another disingenuous democrat.
Another bag of b.s. trying to have things both ways. It's the leftist way.

• Banned
Most importantly, why didn't Jane Mayer talk to Kirsten Gillibrand (& her female staff)? How about other Dem senators & their female staff? HOW DID JANE MAYER MISS THE BIGGEST RUMOR ON CAPITOL HILL? At least do the research and shoot it down ...

• Banned
"As it turns out, Frankenā€™s only role in the 2020 Presidential campaign has been as a figure of controversy. On June 4th, Pete Buttigieg was widely criticized on social media for saying that he would not have pressured Franken to resignā€”as had virtually all his Democratic rivals who were then in the Senateā€”without first learning more about the alleged incidents. At the same time, the Presidential candidacy of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand has been plagued by questions about her role as the first of three dozen Democratic senators to demand Frankenā€™s resignation. Gillibrand has cast herself as a feminist champion of ā€œzero toleranceā€ toward sexual impropriety, but Democratic donors sympathetic to Franken have stunted her fund-raising and, Gillibrand says, tried to ā€œintimidateā€ her ā€œinto silence.ā€

At his house, Franken said he understood that, in such an atmosphere, the public might not be eager to hear his grievances. Holding his head in his hands, he said, ā€œI donā€™t think people who have been sexually assaulted, and those kinds of things, want to hear from people who have been #MeTooā€™d that theyā€™re victims.ā€ Yet, he added, being on the losing side of the #MeToo movement, which he fervently supports, has led him to spend time thinking about such matters as due process, proportionality of punishment, and the consequences of Internet-fuelled outrage. He told me that his therapist had likened his experience to ā€œwhat happens when primates are shunned and humiliated by the rest of the other primates.ā€ Their reaction, Franken said, with a mirthless laugh, ā€œis ā€˜Iā€™m going to die alone in the jungle.ā€™ ā€

When I asked him if he truly regretted his decision to resign, he said, ā€œOh, yeah. Absolutely.ā€ He wishes that he had appeared before a Senate Ethics Committee hearing, as he had requested, allowing him to marshal facts that countered the narrative aired in the press. It is extremely rare for a senator to resign under pressure. No senator has been expelled since the Civil War, and in modern times only three have resigned under the threat of expulsion: Harrison Williams, in 1982, Bob Packwood, in 1995, and John Ensign, in 2011. Williams resigned after he was convicted of bribery and conspiracy; Packwood faced numerous sexual-assault accusations; Ensign was accused of making illegal payoffs to hide an affair.

A remarkable number of Frankenā€™s Senate colleagues have regrets about their own roles in his fall. Seven current and former U.S. senators who demanded Frankenā€™s resignation in 2017 told me that theyā€™d been wrong to do so. Such admissions are unusual in an institution whose members rarely concede mistakes. Patrick Leahy, the veteran Democrat from Vermont, said that his decision to seek Frankenā€™s resignation without first getting all the facts was ā€œone of the biggest mistakes Iā€™ve madeā€ in forty-five years in the Senate. Heidi Heitkamp, the former senator from North Dakota, told me, ā€œIf thereā€™s one decision Iā€™ve made that I would take back, itā€™s the decision to call for his resignation. It was made in the heat of the moment, without concern for exactly what this was.ā€ Tammy Duckworth, the junior Democratic senator from Illinois, told me that the Senate Ethics Committee ā€œshould have been allowed to move forward.ā€ She said it was important to acknowledge the trauma that Frankenā€™s accusers had gone through, but added, ā€œWe needed more facts. That due process didnā€™t happen is not good for our democracy.ā€ Angus King, the Independent senator from Maine, said that heā€™d ā€œregretted it ever sinceā€ he joined the call for Frankenā€™s resignation. ā€œThereā€™s no excuse for sexual assault,ā€ he said. ā€œBut Al deserved more of a process. I donā€™t denigrate the allegations, but this was the political equivalent of capital punishment.ā€ Senator Jeff Merkley, of Oregon, told me, ā€œThis was a rush to judgment that didnā€™t allow any of us to fully explore what this was about. I took the judgment of my peers rather than independently examining the circumstances. In my heart, Iā€™ve not felt right about it.ā€ Bill Nelson, the former Florida senator, said, ā€œI realized almost right away Iā€™d made a mistake. I felt terrible. I should have stood up for due process to render what itā€™s supposed toā€”the truth.ā€ Tom Udall, the senior Democratic senator from New Mexico, said, ā€œI made a mistake. I started having second thoughts shortly after he stepped down. He had the right to be heard by an independent investigative body. Iā€™ve heard from people around my state, and around the country, saying that they think he got railroaded. It doesnā€™t seem fair. Iā€™m a lawyer. I really believe in due process.ā€"

Last edited:
Al Franken is about as stupid as they getā€¦ Like Iā€™ve always said political correctness makes people fucking retarded

Franken lost that election in 2008. They kept counting until he won. and then he was the 60th Obamacare vote that stole money from people trying to survive. Maybe one day people will get to return the favor.

• Banned
Franken lost that election in 2008. They kept counting until he won. and then he was the 60th Obamacare vote that stole money from people trying to survive. Maybe one day people will get to return the favor.
a month later Ted Kennedy died of brain cancer. they couldnt get single player and other major planks of health and climate legislation passed because Scott Brown was the 60th vote!

• Banned
Al Franken entered the senate with washington dc at his feet. HE BLEW IT! HE CHOKED!

When does Anthony Weiner get his career-rehab New York Times puff piece, slut-shaming his accusers and urging us to take his denials more seriously?

The Case of Al Franken

Mayer's main argument: 1) Here are some women Al Franken DIDN'T sexually harass. (Even Harvey Weinstein didn't grope every woman he saw!)

Jane Mayer's back-up argument: Leeann Tweeden is a conservative! (Then why not mention that EVERY OTHER WOMAN who accused Franken was a Democrat?)
Why are all these people "wacky"?

What does that even mean?

The Case of Al Franken

Why are all these people "wacky"?

What does that even mean?
they are crazy. nutjobs. kooks!

"in the 8 years since i came to washington, the question i've been asked the most is: is being on SNL as fun as being senator? the answer has always been NO!!! Why would it be?" - Creepy Al Frankenstein

Norm Coleman, who got unseated by Franken, landed on his feet and continues to serve the people of Minnesota as a paid lobbyist for the government of Saudi Arabia

Franken was a republican like his father until "my dad switched parties when the GOP nominated Barry Goldwater" when Franken was 13

"my brother went to MIT, graduating with a degree in physics, and then became a photographer.

i went to harvard and became a comedian. my poor parents" - Franken

Forum List

Back