Vulture Capitalism? Try Obama's Version

Fine, let's assume what you say is true. Now, give us some "credible" proof to support your claim.

Solyndra scandal unraveling Obama's credibility | Washington Examiner
In fact, less than two weeks before Bush left office, the Energy Department's credit committee unanimously decided not to fund Solyndra.

douchenozzle.

The Washington Examiner is a wingnut tabloid publication. The following links, again, with supporting facts and sources, make you look like the fool that you are:

What The Press Is Getting Wrong About Solyndra | Media Matters for America

Exclusive Timeline: Bush Administration Advanced Solyndra Loan Guarantee for Two Years, Media Blow the Story | ThinkProgress

Your links only prove that indeed Solyndra belongs to Obama... can you not read your own links? Oh I get it you think that because you got it off your liberal rag sheet it must support your contention. They do try, I'll admit- but all they do is prove that Obama used the same committee that did not fund Solyndra under Bush. What they proved was that Obama made them loan the money in March under Obama's administration... Again proving this is Obama's boondoggle.

Your links only prove that indeed Solyndra belongs to Obama... can you not read your own links? Oh I get it you think that because you got it off your liberal rag sheet it must support your contention. They do try, I'll admit- but all they do is prove that Obama used the same committee that did not fund Solyndra under Bush. What they proved was that Obama made them loan the money in March under Obama's administration... Again proving this is Obama's boondoggle.

Fine, then give me quotes from my links that prove your point.

interesting that you never thought to ask the same questions about Bain.

Interesting you couldn't answer his question.

lol, so I guess if you people consider Solyndra to be equivalent to Romney's experience with Bain,

we can cancel those two out and move on, or move back, to the saving of the auto industry, which Romney opposed,

and President Obama accomplished.

There is absolutely NO comparison between Obama risking tax payers money and Romney making money for private business!

I take back all my trepidation at thinking you may not be very bright...you're totally moronic!

Investing in alternative energy was democratically decided when the president was elected.

You do know with Wiki, anybody can input information....get another source

Yes, I do know that, but Wiki can also trace who did it. Wiki also provides source links:

The Dark Side of Mitt Romney | Politics | Vanity Fair

Romney at Bain Capital: Big Gains, Some Busts - WSJ.com
From your WSJ source:
Bain was investing in "riskier deals," said Steven N. Kaplan, a finance professor at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business. "For every one that went bankrupt, they had one that was a screaming success. The overall effect was terrific performance" for the firm's investors.

The Journal analysis shows that in total, Bain produced about $2.5 billion in gains for its investors in the 77 deals, on about $1.1 billion invested. Overall, Bain recorded roughly 50% to 80% annual gains in this period, which experts said was among the best track records for buyout firms in that era.
Some of the companies that ran into trouble did so after Bain was no longer involved and new owners had taken charge. Bain declined to provide information on when its involvement in its investments ended.
Romney at Bain Capital: Big Gains, Some Busts - WSJ.com

Interesting you couldn't answer his question.

lol, so I guess if you people consider Solyndra to be equivalent to Romney's experience with Bain,

we can cancel those two out and move on, or move back, to the saving of the auto industry, which Romney opposed,

and President Obama accomplished.

There is absolutely NO comparison between Obama risking tax payers money and Romney making money for private business!

I take back all my trepidation at thinking you may not be very bright...you're totally moronic!

Investing in alternative energy was democratically decided when the president was elected.

Where is written that the WINNER of Prez spot gets to wager whatever they want in the marketplace? If that's the game --- then corruption and collusion are unavoidable..
The Federal govt doesn't have a role to play in "investments" for EXISTING products. It MIGHT arguably have a role in developing NEW products. That attitude can lead to nothing but MORE govt/Corp collusion...

The Washington Examiner is a wingnut tabloid publication. The following links, again, with supporting facts and sources, make you look like the fool that you are:

What The Press Is Getting Wrong About Solyndra | Media Matters for America

Exclusive Timeline: Bush Administration Advanced Solyndra Loan Guarantee for Two Years, Media Blow the Story | ThinkProgress

Fine, then give me quotes from my links that prove your point.

LOL. Your links make statements that support the fact that under Bush the committee tabled the loan for Solyndra. I know they try to lay this at the foot of the Bush admin- but here's a little inside baseball lesson- Bush left office, the loan was tabled before he left. After Obama took office the loan was picked up again. The embedded links within your link take you to cobbled together tables that have no outside source. I can create tables and post them too.

So what exactly am I supposed to show you? There is plenty of proof that under Obama the committee was pushed to approve the loan. And how can you forget all the bragging Oabama did about Solyndra... you are really sounding pathetic here. Go to minute 8 in the video dear... Obama takes full credit for the government investment in Solyndra.

An excerpt from a Washington Post story by Joe Stephens and Carol E. Leonnig:

One e-mail from an OMB official referred to "the time pressure we are under to sign-off on Solyndra." Another complained, "There isn't time to negotiate."

"We have ended up with a situation of having to do rushed approvals on a couple of occasions (and we are worried about Solyndra at the end of the week)," one official wrote. That Aug. 31, 2009, message, written by a senior OMB staffer and sent to Terrell P. McSweeny, Biden's domestic policy adviser, concluded, "We would prefer to have sufficient time to do our due diligence reviews."

What makes the current situation especially ironic is that OMB officials warned White House officials that the rush might lead to later regret. Another excerpt:

In one e-mail, an assistant to Rahm Emanuel, then White House chief of staff, wrote on Aug. 31, 2009, to OMB about the upcoming Biden announcement on Solyndra and asked whether "there is anything we can help speed along on OMB side."

An OMB staff member responded: "I would prefer that this announcement be postponed. . . . This is the first loan guarantee and we should have full review with all hands on deck to make sure we get it right."

link

go to minute 8 for last 3 minutes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYiJ-_K9NCo]Pr. Obama at Solyndra (1) California Solar Plant - YouTube[/ame]

part 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qD-8OEwA3s&feature=relmfu]Pr. Obama at Solyndra (2) California Solar Plant - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back