Vpn

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Do any of you tech geeks use a VPN?

If so which one. I am seriously thinking about one these days

I will be traveling soon so I will get one. I have had Tunnel Bear for a long time, but I have found glitches with it.

I am thinking of using Hidemyass for a month. I will be out of the US and in airports and such, I want protection with I am in public. I also want to get internet programs I am used to in the US. Otherwise I am stuck with limited internet.

I do expect a slower speed, but that is the trade off.

For what? I have one I use for work.

I'll set it up for the business.

We use UNC-VPN (Cisco)...but that is more for enterprise use than a single property business.
Like mentioned above, Teamviewer is good stuff. We use that for our application hardware servers. Solid security and easy-peasy.

I use one, but it is a hardware based VPN, built into my Palo Alto firewall. It has full AD integration, so a single line of management through AD takes care of it. BTW, Palo Alto is by FAR the best firewall I've worked with.

Uncensored wrote: I use one, but it is a hardware based VPN, built into my Palo Alto firewall.

Is Palo Alto firewall available free?...

... and do you have a link to it?
:confused:

Last edited:
The best firewall I ever seen...was the ones I built called "floppy firewalls".
It is a tiny Linux operating system that fits on a floppy disk, upon boot it self decompresses into RAM (the server has no harddrive...by design. You set the system up and write to the floppy, and then reboot and remove the floppy. You can't hack it because of two reasons...
1) The operating system is very-very small and does not recognize any but a handful of commands.
2) There is no writeable memory, so you can't root it.

Simple...can be better.

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/wh...y-based-firewalls-security-considerations_808

Forum List

Back