VP Biden: Expect More US Casualties In Afghanistan

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
As the U.S. military under the Obama administration increases efforts in Afghanistan and the surrounding region, there will be more American casualties, Vice President Biden said this morning on CBS' "Face the Nation."

Snip

Asked about the predator drone attacks in Pakistan, Biden said, "I can't speak to any particular attack. I can't speak to any particular action. It's not appropriate for me to do that. But I can say that the president of the United States said during his campaign and in the debates that if there is an actionable target, of a high-level al Qaeda personnel, that he would not hesitate to use action to deal with that."

Would the Obama administration notify the Pakistani government before making any cross- border attacks?

"I always try to be completely candid with you, but I can't respond to that question," Biden said. "I'm not going to respond to that question."

Political Punch: VP Biden: Expect More US Casualties In Afghanistan

shadow,

I'll asume this is your admission that sarah palin, sean hannity, and all your wingnut buddies were lying their asses off for the last 12 months that obama was a radical pacifist liberal who would raise the white flag of surrender, cave to terrorists, and invite them to the white house for tea and crumpets.

Thanks! I knew y'all were lying like dirty dogs!:clap2:

I wonder if the Democrats will now photograh each and every single coffin of our dead military from Obama's war?

Biden is correct. If we are going to step up measures, then more will die. The terrian is tough, the weather is tough and hostiles are many. Further, we will be crossing the borders, as we have been and not from the sky!

So Biden has made no profound statements here.

Willow you are such a partisan patooie.

I wonder if the Democrats will now photograh each and every single coffin of our dead military from Obama's war?

It's not Obama's war, Katnip Kid, it's America's war. The real war we should have been in all along with the right resources.

I hope they take away the hiding of the coffins coming home. If not, I will send my complaints to the Whitehouse.

Willow you are such a partisan patooie.

It's not Obama's war, Katnip Kid, it's America's war. The real war we should have been in all along with the right resources.

I hope they take away the hiding of the coffins coming home. If not, I will send my complaints to the Whitehouse.
yeah, cause we never heard "Bush's War" for the last 7 years
:rolleyes:

Yes you did, but then I was referring to Iraq. A whore of a different color.

Afghanistan is the war we need to engage in and end. Trouble, is now we arre going to have one hell of a tougher time. This is the war we launched against the country that harbored the people who attacked US on 9-11.

Yes you did, but then I was referring to Iraq. A whore of a different color.

Afghanistan is the war we need to engage in and end. Trouble, is now we arre going to have one hell of a tougher time. This is the war we launched against the country that harbored the people who attacked US on 9-11.
this is your mistake, they are all the same war
just different theaters

Divecon, you can not get a liberal to admit the truth about Iraq and the blame their party played in it.

I in no way accept how Bush handled things in Iraq, but, that does not excuse the 8 years of Clinton, but, they will never, never admit that truth.

In fact, I doubt that many even understand the truth behind where clinton failed.

Further and again, I do not accept the actions of Bush, but, taking Saddam out was a good thing and it was needed. It makes me wonder how involved some of these Vet's are with active military.

Divecon, you can not get a liberal to admit the truth about Iraq and the blame their party played in it.

Was Al Quada and the Taliban in Iraq?

No?

Then you have no game, Lycurgus.

I in no way accept how Bush handled things in Iraq, but, that does not excuse the 8 years of Clinton, but, they will never, never admit that truth.

The excuse for 8 years of Clinton was two elections. Truthy enough for you?

In fact, I doubt that many even understand the truth behind where clinton failed.

Which failure? There were many of them.

Further and again, I do not accept the actions of Bush, but, taking Saddam out was a good thing and it was needed. It makes me wonder how involved some of these Vet's are with active military.

A good thing possibly, but a good thing for america?

I rather doubt it.

It is clear that a new offensive is going to be launched in afghanistan against the Taliban, but I find strange that he said it like this.

No?

I rather doubt it.
Al Qaeda WAS in Iraq
to claim it wasnt is just another LIE

No?

I rather doubt it.

First, I have no 'game'

Further, the Iraqi situation developed and was relevant long before Bush. This nation entered into binding agreements which gave our president the obligation and the power to act. Saddam should have been dealt with long before Bush 43 ever stepped into the oval office. Debating Bush's actions in Iraq will not change this fact. Though I don't agree with Bush and how he conducted our actions in Iraq, unlike partisan hacks, I'm not going to ignore what came before him, which is all part of the entire picture. We can beat Bush up until we are blue in the face and this will not change. However, you stay ignorant to all of that if it makes you feel better about your personal position.

I wonder if the democrats ever consider the legalities surrounding Iraq. They seem to have Iraq wrapped into a neat and tidy 8 years span, selectively forgetting another 10 years or so. This by no means lets Bush off the hook, most of all in my mind, as it is one of my biggest complaints with him, however, if they would brush off those dusty records and documents and their brains, they may realize or at least understand a little bit why some of us understand that had we fulfilled our obligations, Iraq or at least Saddam would have been a non-issue for Bush to worry about.

They are so damn partisan when it comes to any issue connected with Bush, they don't want to look past the Bush curse stuck on the end of their hooked liberal noses.

Forum List

Back