Voting for Obama...Why? Why? Why?

I'm voting Obama again because I'm strongly encouraged by the domestic progress made in his first term. Gays are finally first class citizens in this country and I think there's been an easing of the traditional barriers in our society that keep us separated. I also think he has a good record in our foreign policy. I like his restructuring of our approach in the middle east and I think how he stood up to North Korea when they tested him. I also think he's done some good things to help the shattered economy. Considering what a clusterfuck he inherited, he's done an alright job. I do wish he was tougher and I definitely think there's some holes in his game but overall he's the best realistic option for the next four years.

Also, the Republicans scare the bejeezus out of me and I'm not prepared to go through another American dark age.

gargle with strong mouthwash.

Do you have anything competent to say?

no she doesn't. You'll notice that before long. She's a committed Fox & Friends rw kool aid drinker :alcoholic:

Just heard today from my longtime Liberal friend (Retired AF) that he's really disappointed with Obama and is either gonna' vote for Romney or 3rd Party.

I suspect there are millions of other registered voters just like him.

I've heard a lot of former Obamabots say that as well, but I'd bet they'll vote for Obama come November. I do believer, however, that many will just stay home. This is especially true of some of the black Christian voters who do not want to align themselves with a president who approves of gay marriage.

Notice how you put black before Christian? So do they. They are black first and that's why the pastors have shut their mouths. They don't want to end the collection plate gravy train.

I'm voting Obama again because I'm strongly encouraged by the domestic progress made in his first term. Gays are finally first class citizens in this country and I think there's been an easing of the traditional barriers in our society that keep us separated. I also think he has a good record in our foreign policy. I like his restructuring of our approach in the middle east and I think how he stood up to North Korea when they tested him. Obama nailing Osama was one of the ballsiest Presidential moves in my recent memory and the fact that it was a brilliant success is a huge credit to his administration. Especially considering what a piece of garbage the previous President was in handling the situation. I also think he's done some good things to help the shattered economy. Considering what a clusterfuck he inherited, he's done an alright job. I do wish he was tougher and I definitely think there's some holes in his game but overall he's the best realistic option for the next four years.

Also, the Republicans scare the bejeezus out of me and I'm not prepared to go through another American dark age.

Agreed, the Nation needs more time to heal from the failures of the Bush years.

The GOP brings nothing new to the table, and in many cases they advocate the same fiscal policies which likely contributed to the December 2007 recession.

Voting for Obama...Why? Why? Why?

Romney, Romney, Romney.

Because, Because, Because......it still hasn't hit many here that the bills from Bush's war, along with the increased cost from delaying the war in Afghanistan, created the monster deficit increase. The tax cuts they demanded were also renewed!

PS: I'm waitimg for the swimsuit competition to make up my mind, though PRyan having even a chance at being President scares me.

Last edited:
Romney's tan is fake too, the crucial issue must also be debated.......

Sheesh.. I mean really.. why would You..?

1) You're a Democrat and winning is all that matters..

2) You're getting payments from the government and have fallen victim to the fear tactics Democrats and the liberal media spew constantly.

3) You believe the national debt can continue growing infinitely without repercussions.

...please continue...if so desired...:D

We have to get those fucking Republicans out of office.

They've destroyed our economy.

They are the cause of tens of thousands of young American dead and maimed for life that will cost this country trillions more.

Their Bush tax cuts were a disaster.

Their "Drugs for votes" bill was a disaster.

They ran on "Jobs" and but only worked on anti abortion legislation:

abortions-by-year.jpg

They held the unemployed hostage to get even more money for billionaires.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

The Truth About The Bush Tax Cuts And Job Growth - Forbes

Their foreign policy was a disaster.

Their economic policies are a bad joke.

They lie to the country.

They openly practice "voter suppression".

And you guys have the gall and the nerve to WHINE about a president that has saved so many many jobs, who has brought the country back from the brink of depression.

You guys are fools. What else can it be????

Why don't you tell us "new" Republican schemes that will create jobs. Seems concentrating on 'abortion' didn't work out so well.

Remember, Rick Santorum said education is for snobs and Republicans don't have "smart" people. You guys prove it day in and day out.

Go ahead, call me a liar. Look at my links. One from the Christian Science Monitor, hardly liberal. The other one Forbes business.

Everyone knows that Republicans are radical and failures. You guys can't name a single success in anything for the last 30 years. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero.
This message brought to you buy LSD...when Tylenol just isn't enough.

1- Winning isn't all that matters with us. It was Republicans that got together on the evening of Obama's inauguration and conspired against him It was Mitch McTurtle that said our number one priority is to make Obama a one term president. Sounds to me like it's the Republicans who think that winning is all that matters.

2-So getting payment from the government is a Democrat thing. Like the front man for cutting people off from government money Paul Ryan. He's never received a paycheck that wasn't provided by the government, including social security survivor payments.

3- When it comes to jacking up the debt, Republicans are no slouches either at least since Reagan and of course we know about Bush big spending habits. It took Bush/Cheney eight years to bring the economy to the brink of disaster. The country is in much better shape now. Stock markets up, housings coming up, another big christmas season predicted. Why put a vulture capitalist in charge now?

2) You're getting payments from the government and have fallen victim to the fear tactics Democrats and the liberal media spew constantly.

3) You believe the national debt can continue growing infinitely without repercussions.

Romney's tan is fake too, the crucial issue must also be debated.......

I recall Al Gore being orange and sighing a lot in the debates with Bush...the Democrats thought he was terrific..

Another handwringing thread from those who sense defeat.

We have to get those fucking Republicans out of office.

They've destroyed our economy.

They are the cause of tens of thousands of young American dead and maimed for life that will cost this country trillions more.

Their Bush tax cuts were a disaster.

Their "Drugs for votes" bill was a disaster.

They ran on "Jobs" and but only worked on anti abortion legislation:

abortions-by-year.jpg

They held the unemployed hostage to get even more money for billionaires.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

The Truth About The Bush Tax Cuts And Job Growth - Forbes

Their foreign policy was a disaster.

Their economic policies are a bad joke.

They lie to the country.

They openly practice "voter suppression".

And you guys have the gall and the nerve to WHINE about a president that has saved so many many jobs, who has brought the country back from the brink of depression.

You guys are fools. What else can it be????

Why don't you tell us "new" Republican schemes that will create jobs. Seems concentrating on 'abortion' didn't work out so well.

Remember, Rick Santorum said education is for snobs and Republicans don't have "smart" people. You guys prove it day in and day out.

Go ahead, call me a liar. Look at my links. One from the Christian Science Monitor, hardly liberal. The other one Forbes business.

Everyone knows that Republicans are radical and failures. You guys can't name a single success in anything for the last 30 years. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero.

Excellent posts...all of you. :clap2:

There are tons of people that need to wake up. If they continue to vote for Obama again after he has shown he is a failure to us all, then we are in deep trouble. I wish the Obama supporters would wake up. I don;t know what its going to take for petes sake. As citizens and not a political party, we need to band together and vote all these people out. They are ruining our lives.

Check out this post. Notice the "links". That's what you need to do. Otherwise, you look like an idiot. Don't you realize that?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/250714-voting-for-obama-why-why-why.html#post6078692
Don't forgot...Dey don't want or need no STINKIN facts!

curiously, conz never mention The T-Party House or the "#1 goal is to make Obama a 1-term President" Senate minority Leader? :rolleyes: Those people have no effect on what the President can or can't accomplish right?

The GOP was obviously on the horns of a dilemma: do the right thing and help the American people, which may result in the president being re-elected; or obstruct the political process allowing the American people to continue to suffer, anticipating that their suffering translates into one term for Obama.

The question now remains: when the GOP fails to win the WH this year, will it compel them to abandon their policy of party before country.
Their initial reaction will be to lurch further right and double-down on the obstructionism, however, saner heads will prevail and silent majority in the GOP will rise up and stop them from the madness.

Either that or the complete deflation and ultimate defeat and destruction of the GOP.

Jeebus the dupes are getting crazy LOL
GETTING crazy!?!?!?? My friend, they've BEEN crazy. Ever since Nov 3rd 2008. They went nuts...bananas...lost all their marbles.

They've been on a wild rampage ever since.

It's soon coming to an end though. November 7th 2012 should cool them right off.

I'm voting Obama again because I'm strongly encouraged by the domestic progress made in his first term. Gays are finally first class citizens in this country and I think there's been an easing of the traditional barriers in our society that keep us separated. I also think he has a good record in our foreign policy. I like his restructuring of our approach in the middle east and I think how he stood up to North Korea when they tested him. Obama nailing Osama was one of the ballsiest Presidential moves in my recent memory and the fact that it was a brilliant success is a huge credit to his administration. Especially considering what a piece of garbage the previous President was in handling the situation. I also think he's done some good things to help the shattered economy. Considering what a clusterfuck he inherited, he's done an alright job. I do wish he was tougher and I definitely think there's some holes in his game but overall he's the best realistic option for the next four years.

Agreed, the Nation needs more time to heal from the failures of the Bush years.

The GOP brings nothing new to the table, and in many cases they advocate the same fiscal policies which likely contributed to the December 2007 recession.

The economic contraction we're stuck in has virtually nothing to do with the housing bubble. It has to do with Globalization and what the business of America SHOULD BE. There are NO POLITICIANS save Romney that understand WHY the jobs left and WHAT WE NEED TO DO to make jobs reappear..

The Globalists told us 30 years ago that America wouldn't be making TV sets, sneakers, or plastic toys any longer. They told us we needed to do the HARD STUFF that the rest of the world COULDN'T do.. Most posters would rather either blame Bush or try 60 yr old economic fixes (like Keynesian crap) that doesn't work anymore.

A person with Venture Capital experience understands what a 21st Century manufacturing looks like. THey understand that we need to build stuff again here. They understand that a constant stream NEW AND INNOVATIVE companies are needed to knock off the bloated multi-nationals.

And by new and innovative I don't mean more LinkedIns and Coupon companies.

The contrast is clear.. Whining, redistribution, welfare programs and more Class Warfare to deflect from the REAL economic problems. Or a team that has a chance of getting America competitive again in a Global marketplace..

Heck -- I ain't even voting for Romney --- but the choice between him and the guy who HATES free market growth and has held the economy hostage for 3.5 years is pretty damn clear.. It's some kind of Karma that the Repubs picked EXACTLY the guy with the right background to understand the crisis. And NOT --- C. Clayton Jones --- another lawyer...

Last edited:
1- Winning isn't all that matters with us. It was Republicans that got together on the evening of Obama's inauguration and conspired against him It was Mitch McTurtle that said our number one priority is to make Obama a one term president. Sounds to me like it's the Republicans who think that winning is all that matters.

2-So getting payment from the government is a Democrat thing. Like the front man for cutting people off from government money Paul Ryan. He's never received a paycheck that wasn't provided by the government, including social security survivor payments.

3- When it comes to jacking up the debt, Republicans are no slouches either at least since Reagan and of course we know about Bush big spending habits. It took Bush/Cheney eight years to bring the economy to the brink of disaster. The country is in much better shape now. Stock markets up, housings coming up, another big christmas season predicted. Why put a vulture capitalist in charge now?

Sheesh... you're trying to hard...:eusa_whistle:

I don't know why this needs to be so complicated.

1. Romney is a lousy candidate.

2. The electorate is not convinced that the GOP can turn around the economy any faster.

Seems to me a much more interesting question is, "why isn't Romney up by at least 20% with 8% unemployment, the Middle East situation, and all the other problems we face?"

Good man who's done a good job under mindbogglingly difficult circumstances or lizard man who sold his soul for a chance at power? Tough choice. :tongue:

Forum List

Back