Voters reject Obama!

Wow

Rookie
Jul 10, 2008
Texas
Obomber is out of touch with the American people and American education.

Illegal Immigration ALIPAC - Voters Reject Obama's call for Bilingualism
Barack Obama said yesterday that “instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English,” Americans “need to make sure your child can speak Spanish.” A national telephone survey conducted last month by Rasmussen Reports found that U.S. voters overwhelmingly disagree with the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

Eighty-three percent (83%) place a higher priority on encouraging immigrants to speak English as their primary language. Just 13% take the opposite view and say it is more important for Americans to learn other languages.

• Banned
Obomber thinks 30 million criminal illegals he will protect should not have to learn English.
He thinks the law-abiding taxpayers should conform to criminals.

This guy is a joke!

I think what Obama meant is that other nations have children that speak multiple languages such as two languages or even three in some. He is calling for us to keep up with other nations in teaching our kids how to be multi-lingual. It sounds like the article might have been taken out of context. :eusa_whistle:

I think what Obama meant is that other nations have children that speak multiple languages such as two languages or even three in some. He is calling for us to keep up with other nations in teaching our kids how to be multi-lingual. It sounds like the article might have been taken out of context. :eusa_whistle:

how can you take these words out of context.
“instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English,”
"Americans need to make sure your child can speak Spanish.”

Barack Obama said yesterday that “instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English,” Americans “need to make sure your child can speak Spanish.” A national telephone survey conducted last month by Rasmussen Reports found that U.S. voters overwhelmingly disagree with the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

Source
Immigration Watchdog » Obama Says Don’t Worry About Immigrants Speaking English, Your Kids Need To Learn Spanish

A video of the man him self actually saying it, is available at that link. Take that out of your context pipe and puff on it!

how can you take these words out of context.
“instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English,”
"Americans need to make sure your child can speak Spanish.”

Source
Immigration Watchdog » Obama Says Don’t Worry About Immigrants Speaking English, Your Kids Need To Learn Spanish

A video of the man him self actually saying it, is available at that link. Take that out of your context pipe and puff on it!
I watched the video and it proves exactly what I had said. He says it is embarrasing that we cannot speak more than one language. He is RIGHT! You completely took that out of context in your post!

Last edited:
Here's what Obama actually said, in context:

"Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English -- they'll learn English -- you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish," Obama said at a recent campaign event in Georgia, according to a CNN clip posted on YouTube. Then he went on to scold Americans for their alleged lack of multi lingual skills. "It's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe and all we can say is merci beaucoup."

What the voters rejected was the words out of context, not Obama. McCain supporters might wish that the voters were rejecting Obama, but that doesn't seem to be the case currently.

I must say that, as an American who speaks more than one language and who has travelled abroad, I share Obama's embarrassment.

The voters also rejected the McCain/Kennedy amnesty bill, BTW, just in case anyone wants to bring up the issue of illegal immigration.

Obama is out of step with American voters on that issue, to be sure, and McCain is out of step as well.

Once again. As McCain said...listen to the words, guys.

Stop doing backflips to explain away the horrific things he says..and just listen to what he's actually saying.

I watched the video and it proves exactly what I had said. He says it is embarrasing that we cannot speak more than one language. He is RIGHT! You completely took that out of context in your post!
Point is that this's America we speak ENGLISH, ENGLISH is the official language of the USA, we dont have to speak other languages unless we choose to do so, or did we turn nazi german over night when i wasnt looking!?!?!?!?!?

I agree with WhiteLion. I do not think you should be embarassing not knowing other languege since English is official USA language and can be used wideworld. Obama is just a hyprocryte smooth talking to get votes from ignorant voters. By the way, I am a neutralized USA citizen who can speaking several languages besides my motherland language, speaking from my own experiences.

Point is that this's America we speak ENGLISH, ENGLISH is the official language of the USA, we dont have to speak other languages unless we choose to do so, or did we turn nazi german over night when i wasnt looking!?!?!?!?!?

Yes, we do speak English, English, and only English, and in many cases we speak even that badly.

Are you satisfied to have the reputation of being a nation of monolingual bumpkins?

English is not the official language of the US, BTW. We don't have an official language. English may be the most commonly spoken, the language of business and education, etc., but it never has been designated as the official language.

California has English as its official language thanks to a ballot proposition passed a few years ago, and just look at all of the good that does. You still hear, "Para espanol, oprima la nueve" and see signs in Spanish. What good does it do to have an official language?

Yes, we do speak English, English, and only English, and in many cases we speak even that badly.

Are you satisfied to have the reputation of being a nation of monolingual bumpkins?

English is not the official language of the US, BTW. We don't have an official language. English may be the most commonly spoken, the language of business and education, etc., but it never has been designated as the official language.

California has English as its official language thanks to a ballot proposition passed a few years ago, and just look at all of the good that does. You still hear, "Para espanol, oprima la nueve" and see signs in Spanish. What good does it do to have an official language?

Other than maybe protecting you from a lawsuit, probably nothing.

Sounds like a bunch of dumb BS to me

which is why Obama voted to make English the official language of the United States

Project Vote Smart - Senator Obama on S Amdt 1384 - English as the Common Language

guess who voted NO on this amendment?

John McCain

Project Vote Smart - S Amdt 1384 English as the Common Language Member Vote List

AZ Sr Sen. John McCain III Republican N

Personally I think children SHOULD be taught Spanish. It is the third most used language in the world, behind Chinese and English.

Fact: Did you know that the U.S. is the only major country in the world in which the people mostly only know one language? We are lazy. We are so worried about having someone speak another language. Woop Dee Doo. What about when we came here and took over who was already here? They had to learn a new language. We are lazy as Americans. Learning a new language only helps better understand the one we already know. BTW, I got this information from an American foreign language teacher who has definitley done the research.

Forum List

Back