Voters preserve the status quo. Shocking!

I was hoping more TP candidates would win in the primaries. They are such fringe candidates they have no hope of winning general elections

Not sure how primaries are run in your state, but here in Michigan you have to be Republican to run in the Republican primary and Democrat for theirs. Also you have to declare which party you want to vote for. Just libs grasping at straws before the November blood bath.

The point is less about the GOP and more about the teabaggers and other hard righties.

I see it went over your head like a tent.

No dumbass, I was pointing out there is no Tea Party ballot to vote on. You can't declare the Tea Party as your party at the polls. Your grasp of reality slipping even more?

I was hoping more TP candidates would win in the primaries. They are such fringe candidates they have no hope of winning general elections

I know. But I am not surprised that this happened. What will the TBs do when the GOP sends up a slate full of incumbents for the general 2010 election?

Unfurl their true flag or go independent?

TPs represent that same 25% lunatic fringe of the Republican Party who still approved of Bush in 2008, go to Palin rallies, dwell on every word Glenn Beck says and think Obama was born in Kenya

Not sure how primaries are run in your state, but here in Michigan you have to be Republican to run in the Republican primary and Democrat for theirs. Also you have to declare which party you want to vote for. Just libs grasping at straws before the November blood bath.

The point is less about the GOP and more about the teabaggers and other hard righties.

No dumbass, I was pointing out there is no Tea Party ballot to vote on. You can't declare the Tea Party as your party at the polls. Your grasp of reality slipping even more?

Did you even read the OP?

It mentioned that candidates that were supported by the Tea Party or who adopted Tea Party ideals to try and unseat incumbents lost yesterday. The voters, conservative voters to be exact, didn't buy what they were selling.

Let me guess, this is when you start bleeting that "the tea party is completely decentralized and these people weren't really tea party members/supported by the tea party, blah blah blah".

Your guy's duplicity with this "decentralized movement that wants to take control of the central government" is hilarious.

BTW, you shouldn't be so quick to call people "dumbass" lest you look like one yourself.

It mentioned that candidates that were supported by the Tea Party or who adopted Tea Party ideals to try and unseat incumbents lost yesterday. The voters, conservative voters to be exact, didn't buy what they were selling.

Let me guess, this is when you start bleeting that "the tea party is completely decentralized and these people weren't really tea party members/supported by the tea party, blah blah blah".

Your guy's duplicity with this "decentralized movement that wants to take control of the central government" is hilarious.

BTW, you shouldn't be so quick to call people "dumbass" lest you look like one yourself.

Gee, I plan on voting in the Democratic primary when we have one in August. Much smarter than worrying about who the Republican or Tea Party candidate will be.

Gee, I plan on voting in the Democratic primary when we have one in August. Much smarter than worrying about who the Republican or Tea Party candidate will be.

Okay....................

I sense some confusion on your part. I vote for the person I perceive is second best in the Democratic primary. The slightly nuttier one, so it is easier to win in November for the Tea Party, Independent or Republican person.

why would you be happy people are voting in teh same people? and doesn't this go against the whole lib theory that republicans march in lockstep...

people prefer brand names if you will

I really don't know anything about these particular candidates, so I am not sad or happy about their re-election.

I do find some humor in the fact that this huge revolution that is supposed brewing in the right fizzled yesterday.

LOL....one election and the whole thing fizzled :lol:

I sense some confusion on your part. I vote for the person I perceive is second best in the Democratic primary. The slightly nuttier one, so it is easier to win in November for the Tea Party, Independent or Republican person.

No, I got your point. I do the same thing, since I live in an open primary state (or in instances when I have republican family members on the ballot).

I just don't see how it's germane to the issue at hand here.

Are you suggesting that a bunch of DEMs voted for the incumbent, because that is a little paradoxical to the logic behind your voting pattern.

why would you be happy people are voting in teh same people? and doesn't this go against the whole lib theory that republicans march in lockstep...

people prefer brand names if you will

I really don't know anything about these particular candidates, so I am not sad or happy about their re-election.

I do find some humor in the fact that this huge revolution that is supposed brewing in the right fizzled yesterday.

LOL....one election and the whole thing fizzled :lol:

No, that is not what I said.

I said it fizzled yesterday (in several elections), and so close on the heels of the last big teabagger protest and when the momentum is supposed to be gaining all this steam.

I then left that fact pattern up for people to discuss.

For the "vote them all out" and *ahem* tea party members: "Ruh roh..."

In primaries, anger at D.C. doesn't translate - Decision 2010- msnbc.com

Notable from the article:

Coats, 66, retired from the Senate in 1998, has worked as a lobbyist and was U.S. ambassador to Germany under President George W. Bush. He overcame spirited challenges from four opponents, including state Sen. Marlin Stutzman, a tea party favorite who was endorsed by South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, and former Rep. John Hostettler, who had the support of one-time presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas.

Turnout was exceptionally light in Ohio and North Carolina, a possible indication that voter anger over economic woes, persistently high unemployment and Congress itself wasn't influencing elections — and, perhaps, a reflection of the limited influence of the conservatives and libertarians who make up the fledgling tea party coalition.

All this after congresses dismal approval ratings! What gives?

Methinks you (and PMSNBC) are reading too much into a few primaries...

I believe the 3 states that went Tuesday are closed primaries, wich means the party loyalists picked their favorite incumbent or Party Primadonna... Duh! The open primaries would be slightly more interesting to see if indipendents come out...

I encourage the Democratics to believe they are safe for November... Stay home - it's a lock!

No, I got your point. I do the same thing, since I live in an open primary state (or in instances when I have republican family members on the ballot).

Are you suggesting that a bunch of DEMs voted for the incumbent, because that is a little paradoxical to the logic behind your voting pattern.

I'm suggesting that primaries are not a good indicator of what voters plan to do in the actual election in November. Also, since Obama turned out to be such a poor choice in a making change in DC, maybe people are gun shy about believing some new Democrat. These people are picking the incumbent to set them up for a fall in November. I don't discount that a fair number of people will just pick the familiar name every time.

Only the party faithful show up for primaries...

This is not rocket surgery....

Methinks you (and PMSNBC) are reading too much into a few primaries...

I believe the 3 states that went Tuesday are closed primaries, wich means the party loyalists picked their favorite incumbent or Party Primadonna... Duh! The open primaries would be slightly more interesting to see if indipendents come out...

I encourage the Democratics to believe they are safe for November... Stay home - it's a lock!

It's a good point. The independent vote is going to be the real barometer of what is going on.

*edit*: (I don't know how accurate this is. Source: http://www.ehow.com/about_6360757_open-primary_.html )

States With Open Primaries

# The following states have open primaries:
Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.

States With Closed Primaries
# The following states have closed primaries:
Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota and Wyoming.

Yesterdays races: North Carolina (Closed), Ohio (not listed, assumed closed), and Indiana (open).

So in NC and Ohio, here is what happened:

Turnout was exceptionally light in Ohio and North Carolina, a possible indication that voter anger over economic woes, persistently high unemployment and Congress itself wasn't influencing elections — and, perhaps, a reflection of the limited influence of the conservatives and libertarians who make up the fledgling tea party coalition.

I'll buy that in a closed primary.

So in Indiana, here is what happened:

By the end of the day, however, the Republican turnout in the Indiana Senate primary was the highest this decade, including primaries in presidential election years.

In all three states, candidates backed by party leaders in Washington squared off against challengers drawing their support from elsewhere. While it's difficult to draw concrete conclusions about the state of the country from just a few races, the results gave some idea of whether the national parties still can influence rank-and-file supporters.

At the very least, the outcome of Tuesday's primaries — the first set of contests in the two months since Texas held its February primary — set the stage for November's congressional matchups and provided early insights about voter attitudes ahead of this fall's elections.

Among the notable House races in Indiana, 14-term Republican Rep. Dan Burton — Indiana's longest-serving congressman — struggled but managed to fend off six challengers for his 5th Congressional District seat, and Rep. Mark Souder easily won the GOP nomination in the 3rd District after a nasty campaign.

Last edited:
Indiana is one state - I don't know how you can draw any significant inferences from one state's primary... You can call it "fizzled" if you want, though...

Again, I encourage you D's to consider the November election "safe"... America loves the job Barry and Crew are doing...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back