Voters preserve the status quo. Shocking!

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
For the "vote them all out" and *ahem* tea party members: "Ruh roh..."

In primaries, anger at D.C. doesn't translate - Decision 2010- msnbc.com

Notable from the article:

Coats, 66, retired from the Senate in 1998, has worked as a lobbyist and was U.S. ambassador to Germany under President George W. Bush. He overcame spirited challenges from four opponents, including state Sen. Marlin Stutzman, a tea party favorite who was endorsed by South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, and former Rep. John Hostettler, who had the support of one-time presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas.

Turnout was exceptionally light in Ohio and North Carolina, a possible indication that voter anger over economic woes, persistently high unemployment and Congress itself wasn't influencing elections — and, perhaps, a reflection of the limited influence of the conservatives and libertarians who make up the fledgling tea party coalition.

All this after congresses dismal approval ratings! What gives?

The better the devil you know.

It's almost like those of us who have been saying "congressional approval rating numbers don't reflect how people feel about their congressperson" were onto something.

So, I notice there aren't a lot of teabagger gloating threads today.

MWAHAAHAHAHAHAA!

why would you be happy people are voting in teh same people? and doesn't this go against the whole lib theory that republicans march in lockstep...

people prefer brand names if you will

having four challengers and winning is significant?

That means there are alot of people opposing you, they are just divided on who they want to replace you. That's not a good sign at all.

Course i think primaries where people have a choice are important.

I was hoping more TP candidates would win in the primaries. They are such fringe candidates they have no hope of winning general elections

why would you be happy people are voting in teh same people? and doesn't this go against the whole lib theory that republicans march in lockstep...

It goes against the whole Conservative theory that they're the mainstream and there's no longer room in the party for Moderate Republicans. "Bold colors! No pale pastels!"

I was hoping more TP candidates would win in the primaries. They are such fringe candidates they have no hope of winning general elections

Not sure how primaries are run in your state, but here in Michigan you have to be Republican to run in the Republican primary and Democrat for theirs. Also you have to declare which party you want to vote for. Just libs grasping at straws before the November blood bath.

I really don't know anything about these particular candidates, so I am not sad or happy about their re-election.

I do find some humor in the fact that this huge revolution that is supposed brewing in the right fizzled yesterday.

having four challengers and winning is significant?

It would be if it had gone the other way and there would be about four jillion threads on the matter.

I don't fine it significant that incumbents won, I predicted that, other than to show that maybe there isn't this massive groundswell of discontent that people are trying to convince us of.

I know. But I am not surprised that this happened. What will the TBs do when the GOP sends up a slate full of incumbents for the general 2010 election?

Unfurl their true flag or go independent?

It was a primary, you understand what significance that has at this point? Hell, you guys will probaly let 0bama run again.

Not sure how primaries are run in your state, but here in Michigan you have to be Republican to run in the Republican primary and Democrat for theirs. Also you have to declare which party you want to vote for. Just libs grasping at straws before the November blood bath.

The point is less about the GOP and more about the teabaggers and other hard righties.

I see it went over your head like a tent.

Coats, 66, retired from the Senate in 1998, has worked as a lobbyist and was U.S. ambassador to Germany under President George W. Bush. He overcame spirited challenges from four opponents, including state Sen. Marlin Stutzman, a tea party favorite who was endorsed by South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, and former Rep. John Hostettler, who had the support of one-time presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas.

Turnout was exceptionally light in Ohio and North Carolina, a possible indication that voter anger over economic woes, persistently high unemployment and Congress itself wasn't influencing elections — and, perhaps, a reflection of the limited influence of the conservatives and libertarians who make up the fledgling tea party coalition.

it's because everybody else's congress man sucks, but mine doesn't. that's the perception anyway

it's because everybody else's congress man sucks, but mine doesn't. that's the perception anyway

I totally agree. That's really my point.

I'll support that with an anecdote. I am a liberal, but I always vote for my GOP congressperson because I like the things they have done.

I totally agree. That's really my point.

I'll support that with an anecdote. I am a liberal, but I always vote for my GOP congressperson because I like the things they have done.

i'm fairly conservative, but i voted to reelect gerry studds every time he ran because he was great with the issues that were important to the district.

Forum List

Back