Voter Suppression in 2022? Not in Georgia!

Four and six hour lines??
I suspect these long lines you speak of are in Blue districts, and are being run by Democrats who don't know how to run anything properly, but somehow you would blame Republicans for that.

Four and six hour lines??
And exactly where are these four and six hour lines for people to vote? Please cite your evidence. I'm pretty darn sure they don't exist. If they do the people should be petitioning their local election people to straighten out their gross mismanagement of the procedures.

But Westwall is right, people will sit for many hours or days in line to get coveted concert tickets, attend a Trump rally, or other venues that people really want to participate in. On our last cruise some years ago, hubby and I stood in line two hours to get through security and onto the boat. An hour or so in line to vote is not a huge imposition on people and illustrates that people are determined to exercise their constitutional duty.

My husband and I take advantage of early voting to avoid those long lines. Anybody else in our state is able to do the same thing if they want.

And exactly where are these four and six hour lines for people to vote? Please cite your evidence. I'm pretty darn sure they don't exist. If they do the people should be petitioning their local election people to straighten out their gross mismanagement of the procedures.

But Westwall is right, people will sit for many hours or days in line to get coveted concert tickets, attend a Trump rally, or other venues that people really want to participate in. On our last cruise some years ago, hubby and I stood in line two hours to get through security and onto the boat. An hour or so in line to vote is not a huge imposition on people and illustrates that people are determined to exercise their constitutional duty.

My husband and I take advantage of early voting to avoid those long lines. Anybody else in our state is able to do the same thing if they want.
You can apologize now

You can apologize now

Well sure if people CHOOSE to wait in line. But when you have days of early voting, you don't have to do that. Every now and then we have gone and saw the line was longer than we wanted to wait, so we left and did something else and came back when the line was shorter, maybe the next day or the following week. This year we happened to hit just at the right time and got right in to vote. As we were leaving there were maybe 30 people in line.

The first days of early voting in Albuquerque--we're a large city--there is only one polling station open for early voting and that one might be really overwhelmed at times. About 10 days before the election polling locations open up all over the city and wait times are rarely unreasonable.

Last edited:
Well sure if people CHOOSE to wait in line. But when you have days of early voting, you don't have to do that. Every now and then we have gone and saw the line was longer than we wanted to wait, so we left and did something else and came back when the line was shorter, maybe the next day or the following week. This year we happened to hit just at the right time and got right in to vote. As we were leaving there were maybe 30 people in line.

The first days of early voting in Albuquerque--we're a large city--there is only one polling station open for early voting and that one might be really overwhelmed at times. About 10 days before the election polling locations open up all over the city and wait times are rarely unreasonable.
What a moron. No one “chooses” to wait ten hours in line to vote.

Shut the fuck up . You’ve been shown to be an idiot

What a moron. No one “chooses” to wait ten hours in line to vote.

Shut the fuck up . You’ve been shown to be an idiot
That was uncalled for.

If I was going to early vote, and I saw a huge line, I would come back later, since there are many days of early voting.

In the example you gave, Lesh, The morons in charge of two Blue voting districts could not get their act together when the first day early voting initially started.

And you pretend that this is voter suppression when it is caused by incompetent Democrat Admins.

That was uncalled for.

If I was going to early vote, and I saw a huge line, I would come back later, since there are many days of early voting.

In the example you gave, Lesh, The morons in charge of two Blue voting districts could not get their act together when the first day early voting initially started.

And you pretend that this is voter suppression when it is caused by incompetent Democrat Admins.
It's caused by Republican election officials removing polling places and cutting polling times

Coming to a Texas near you:
Meet Carrie Isaac, who won a GOP-gerrymandered state legislative seat last fall. As her priority goal in this legislative session, she has introduced a bill that would ban county officials from putting polling places on university campuses!

It’s not to keep these campus constituents from voting, she explains. No, no—

Forum List

Back