Voter suppression continues in Florida

There are confirmed communications of R to R talking about keeping black voters from voting.

That and all the evidence that shows these types of laws solve nothing, cost money and keep poor people from voting show just what the republican party intents are.

GOP Memo Admits Plan Could 'Keep Black Vote Down' - Los Angeles Times

In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."

Unseals Document

She said in the memorandum that the program had been approved by Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

Are you implying that low income and minority voters don't have a driver's license?

No, the GOP is.

In the case of low income voters, how do they cash their government assistance checks without a picture ID?

There are no checks issued to cash, the benefits are issued on a debit-type Visa card. And a photo ID is not required to receive Food Stamps or TANF; even the statement of another person is sufficient ID for those with no documentation:

Florida Department of Children and Families

Only an SSN is required to process an application, which is verified with the SSA via Numident.

The evidence that the republican partys intentions are not legal ones is pretty overwhelming in light of the constant court issues they have had for decades in which they repetedly try to keep black and poor people from voting.

I can show you tape of a republican leader flat out saying they dont want all people to vote.

What government program is there that does not require a low income person to produce an ID? What bank is there that does not require a low income person to produce an ID to cash there government check? Or even if they have a bank account to open one they must show an ID.

Paul Weyrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paul M. Weyrich (October 7, 1942 – December 18, 2008[1][2][3][4]) was an American conservative political activist and commentator, most notable as a figurehead of the New Right. He co-founded the Heritage Foundation,[5] a conservative think tank and the Free Congress Foundation, another conservative think tank. He switched from the Roman Rite of the Catholic Church to that of Melkite Greek Catholic Church and was ordained protodeacon.

Are you implying that low income and minority voters don't have a driver's license?

No, the GOP is.

In the case of low income voters, how do they cash their government assistance checks without a picture ID?

There are no checks issued to cash, the benefits are issued on a debit-type Visa card. And a photo ID is not required to receive Food Stamps or TANF; even the statement of another person is sufficient ID for those with no documentation:

Florida Department of Children and Families

Only an SSN is required to process an application, which is verified with the SSA via Numident.

proof of identity and social security numbers
How to Apply for Public Assistance

Bring proof of identity, proof of income (including any benefits you or anyone in your household receives), social security numbers for all members of your household, proof of any assets such as bank accounts, home ownership, etc.

Read more: How to Apply for Public Assistance | eHow.com How to Apply for Public Assistance | eHow.com

you havent really read anything I posted have you?

These are all court cases over the last couple of decades.

How can you complain that the information is not recent enough when it spans the length of their crimes?

Its still going on and cases are being filed

you havent really read anything I posted have you?

These are all court cases over the last couple of decades.

How can you complain that the information is not recent enough when it spans the length of their crimes?

Its still going on and cases are being filed

You might have some credibility if you were actually concerned about legal voting.

From your source I keep seeing this world voter caging so I googled it.

Voter caging is a method of challenging the registration status of voters to potentially prevent them from voting in an election. It refers to the practice of sending direct mail to addressees on the voter rolls, compiling a list of addressees from which the mail is returned undelivered, and using that list to purge or challenge voters’ registrations on the grounds that the voters do not legally reside at registered addresses. This typically results in the voters' having their votes discarded or submitted through the use of provisional ballots requiring further registration confirmation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caging_(voter_suppression)

Here's the source you just posted
DNC v. RNC Consent Decree
In 1982, after caging in predominantly African-American and Latino neighborhoods, the Republican National Committee and New Jersey Republican State Committee entered into a consent decree with their Democratic party counterparts. Under that decree and its 1987 successor, the Republican party organizations agreed to allow a federal court to review proposed “ballot security” programs, including any proposed voter caging.

DNC v. RNC Consent Decree | Brennan Center for Justice

Now my question is this what does asking for an ID when yu go to vote have to do with voter caging?

And provisional ballots often remain uncounted.
That is certainly not true in ALL states. We count all qualified provisional ballots. I really don't know any state where that is true.

FairVote - Provisional Ballots

It can vary even within one state.

All properly cast provisional ballots are counted. What varies from state to state is what constitutes a properly cast provisional ballot. The same applies to vote by mail ballots. Just returning it does not necessarily mean it has been counted. The signature might be missing or not match the one on file.

Voter caging is a method of challenging the registration status of voters to potentially prevent them from voting in an election. It refers to the practice of sending direct mail to addressees on the voter rolls, compiling a list of addressees from which the mail is returned undelivered, and using that list to purge or challenge voters’ registrations on the grounds that the voters do not legally reside at registered addresses. This typically results in the voters' having their votes discarded or submitted through the use of provisional ballots requiring further registration confirmation

In 1982, after caging in predominantly African-American and Latino neighborhoods, the Republican National Committee and New Jersey Republican State Committee entered into a consent decree with their Democratic party counterparts. Under that decree and its 1987 successor, the Republican party organizations agreed to allow a federal court to review proposed “ballot security” programs, including any proposed voter caging.

Now my question is this what does asking for an ID when yu go to vote have to do with voter caging?

They are both programs designed to look like security measures yet their real intention is to keep legal voters from voting.

Go get me some conclusive evidence this type of fraud truely exsists and that it will not disenfranchise legal voters.

They are both programs designed to look like security measures yet their real intention is to keep legal voters from voting.

Go get me some conclusive evidence this type of fraud truely exsists and that it will not disenfranchise legal voters.

No they are not. Maybe in your mind it isn't

Voter caging what you are talking about, refers to the practice of sending direct mail to addressees on the voter rolls, compiling a list of addressees from which the mail is returned undelivered, and using that list to purge or challenge voters’ registrations on the grounds that the voters do not legally reside at registered addresses. This typically results in the voters' having their votes discarded or submitted through the use of provisional ballots requiring further registration confirmation

It has nothing to do with asking for an ID. NOTHING WHAT SO EVER.
May 27, 2011

Texas to require photo identification from voters
"Today we take a major step forward in ensuring the integrity of our electoral process in Texas, a major step protecting the most cherished right that we enjoy as a people," Perry, joined by lawmakers who supported the legislation, told reporters.

Texas to require photo identification from voters | Reuters

Go get me some conclusive evidence this type of fraud truely exsists and that it will not disenfranchise legal voters

hOW DO YOU KNOW IF THEY'RE LEGAL IF THEY CAN'T PROVE WHO THEY ARE?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back