Voter suppression continues in Florida

What government program is there that does not require a low income person to produce an ID? What bank is there that does not require a low income person to produce an ID to cash there government check? Or even if they have a bank account to open one they must show an ID.

proof of identity and social security numbers
How to Apply for Public Assistance

Bring proof of identity, proof of income (including any benefits you or anyone in your household receives), social security numbers for all members of your household, proof of any assets such as bank accounts, home ownership, etc.

Please try to pay attention and comprehend the issue. The question concerned lack of a photo ID; a photo ID is not required to receive public assistance. That one is required to document identity was never at issue:

1410.0400 IDENTITY (FS)
The identity of the individual making application must be established as a condition of eligibility. Use any available documentation as proof of identity, but if unavailable, make a collateral contact. If an authorized representative applies on behalf of a household, the identity of both the authorized representative and the individual making application must be established. If the individual(s) is known to the interviewer, this information must be recorded in order for the identity to be considered established.
Examples of acceptable documentation include but are not limited to:
1. driver’s license,
2. data from the Driver’s And Vehicle Express (DAVE) system,
3. work or school ID,
4. ID for health benefits or for any assistance or social services program,
5. voter registration card,
6. wage stubs, or
7. birth certificate (except for voided Puerto Rican birth certificates after September 30,

Elections supervisors in five Florida counties are correct to refuse to implement the state's new deeply flawed election law until the Justice Department determines whether the changes affect minority voting standards. Secretary of State Kurt Browning was improperly pushing Florida's 67 elections supervisors to adapt to the new rules immediately, so Collier County Supervisor of Elections Jennifer Edwards felt compelled to send a letter to Browning informing him of this constraint. The state should wait until these issues are resolved, or Florida may face an untenable bifurcated voting system, with five counties operating under one set of rules and the rest of the state another.

Five Florida counties — Collier, Hardee, Hendry, Hillsborough and Monroe — are subject to Justice Department review when voting law or procedures are altered. Under Section 5 of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, the department must issue approve new voting rules before they go into effect, which prevents localities and states where there had been voting rights issues in the past from attempting new shenanigans.

After the department receives Florida's request for preclearance, it will determine within a couple of months whether the new law disadvantages minority voters. Any fair reading of the statute would find that the law discriminates in a number of ways.

Vote suppression must not stand - St. Petersburg Times

What government program is there that does not require a low income person to produce an ID? What bank is there that does not require a low income person to produce an ID to cash there government check? Or even if they have a bank account to open one they must show an ID.

proof of identity and social security numbers
How to Apply for Public Assistance

Bring proof of identity, proof of income (including any benefits you or anyone in your household receives), social security numbers for all members of your household, proof of any assets such as bank accounts, home ownership, etc.

Please try to pay attention and comprehend the issue. The question concerned lack of a photo ID; a photo ID is not required to receive public assistance. That one is required to document identity was never at issue:

1410.0400 IDENTITY (FS)
The identity of the individual making application must be established as a condition of eligibility. Use any available documentation as proof of identity, but if unavailable, make a collateral contact. If an authorized representative applies on behalf of a household, the identity of both the authorized representative and the individual making application must be established. If the individual(s) is known to the interviewer, this information must be recorded in order for the identity to be considered established.
Examples of acceptable documentation include but are not limited to:
1. driver’s license,
2. data from the Driver’s And Vehicle Express (DAVE) system,
3. work or school ID,
4. ID for health benefits or for any assistance or social services program,
5. voter registration card,
6. wage stubs, or
7. birth certificate (except for voided Puerto Rican birth certificates after September 30,

1. driver’s license, Photo ID
2. data from the Driver’s And Vehicle Express (DAVE) system, Photo ID
3. work or school ID, Photo ID
4. ID for health benefits or for any assistance or social services program, You show a photo ID to be placed in the assistance grogram
5. voter registration card, Which when you get your DL you can also get your voter registration card you do it at the same place. voting act 1993
6. wage stubs, or To have a job you must show a Photo ID
7. birth certificate (except for voided Puerto Rican birth certificates after September 30.)

Everything above had to have a photo ID IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Last edited:
amazing how things have changed....my first driver's license had no picture on it, my first bank account required me to bring in a utility bill with my name and address on it to open the bank account....to write a check at the grocery store required a utility bill as minimum proof of same name and address on the check....that's it......

amazing how things have changed....my first driver's license had no picture on it, my first bank account required me to bring in a utility bill with my name and address on it to open the bank account....to write a check at the grocery store required a utility bill as minimum proof of same name and address on the check....that's it......

The bible use to be used as birth records. People are to dishonest thats why you must show a piture ID.

Forum List

Back