Voter Suppression by Republican State Legislature in Pennsylvania

I have to show my driver's license to vote in Michigan ( or other photo ID). There is simply no logic behind making sure every vote is a valid vote to protect the public.

Most people drive to the polling place. Make it really interesting and have the police sit in the parking lot and write tickets for those without an operator's license.

The Bulgarian suicide bomber had ID from Michigan. A middle eastern terrorist can get ID, but an American is just too STUPID to do it.

Perhaps people from the lower walk of life are in the lower walk of life because they are not as responsible.

That's what most conservatives think. In fact, it is one of the main thing that separates conservatives from liberals.

Did you ever notice that claiming that the less fortunate in society are in that position because they are "not responsible" justifies pushing them aside, thereby not having to concern ourselves with them or, more importantly, provide for them, when they are not able to do so themselves?

Wasn't it YOU who intimated that these folks are just too lazy to bother getting an ID and who said outright that they're not as responsible as others who do? :eusa_eh:
Quote: Originally Posted by George Costanza:

I don't think lack of access is the issue - it is more of a sociological thing. People from the lower walk of life (such as my clients - in case you were not aware, I am a public defender) just don't get (obtain) ID's. They are not as responsible as those who are more fortunate and who have the motivation to get ID's.

My clients - going to a bank (for some reason other than to rob it), going to libraries, accessing public services? Please.

But don't limit it to my clients. In general, people who vote Democratic are more loosely constructed than those who vote Republican, which translartes into we don't have as many ID's per capita as you guys.

You can argue all you want against this fact, but it is a fact that requiring ID's to vote impacts potential Democratic voters more than postential Republican voters. As I said before, if it didn't, Republican legislatures wouldn't be passing such laws. How many Democratically controlled legislatures do you see passing ID's to vote laws, hmmmmm?

More or less. :lmao:

"Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done."

Because he knows as we all do, that Democrats cheat on elections. It's not rocket surgery.

In the last election, how many Democrats were convicted in Pennsylvania of cheating in a manner which would have prevented by a photo ID law? How many were charged?

4? 1? 12?

Can you even name one?

With a justice dept that wont investigate in any seriousness their involvement in the murder of hundreds.

How can you try to prove a point with the rule of law?

Maybe some people just shouldn't vote at all. How many don't vote. Democrats use their names and vote for them, in their absence. Since you don't care enough to get ID, don't know about the issues, don't really care who wins. You're an obvious democrat voter and a proxy democrat will just cast a vote on your behalf.

That's voter fraud, by the way.

The Republican dominated Pennsylvania legislature has enacted a law requiring voters to show a valid driver's license before they will be permitted to vote. Guess who this affects most in the two major, Pennsylvanisa cities.

Pennsylvania's strict voter ID law faces ACLU lawsuit - latimes.com

Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are predominately Democratic cities. "If the election were held today, we would have more than 100,000 of our voters who could not vote," said Stephanie Singer, chairwoman of Philadelphia's elections commission. "It's a cynical attempt by the Republican leadership to steal the election. And absolutely it could sway the outcome."

The ACLU is challenging this law - and rightly so.

Illegal's, dead people, and multiple voting by individuals equates to voter suppression? Why not just be honest, it IS voter suppression of illegally cast Democrat Votes. Cry me a river.

Fairies and Warlocks vote illegally too....But you have no proof that either of those things are happening

If fraudulent voting isn't happening as yourself "why is voter ID such a problem for Democrats?". Spare me the BS.

Maybe some people just shouldn't vote at all. How many don't vote. Democrats use their names and vote for them, in their absence. Since you don't care enough to get ID, don't know about the issues, don't really care who wins. You're an obvious democrat voter and a proxy democrat will just cast a vote on your behalf.

You dont really believe what you just posted, do you?

The lefties in this thread are taking a worse beating than a tissue paper pinata!

is some idiot chickenshit chickenhawk puking out rightwing lies again :lol:

and since voter fraud doesnt exist, since voter id laws exist SOLELY to prevent the reelection of Obama, every person here who supports these laws is a terrorist and a physical enemy of my country...

i hope they will figure it out before it is too late, before they attempt to do something that if it were done elsewhere our troops would be sent in, i hope they think it thru first...real important these idiot rightwing scum use their brains, for once...

real god damn important

Last edited:
Perhaps people from the lower walk of life are in the lower walk of life because they are not as responsible.

That's what most conservatives think. In fact, it is one of the main thing that separates conservatives from liberals.

Did you ever notice that claiming that the less fortunate in society are in that position because they are "not responsible" justifies pushing them aside, thereby not having to concern ourselves with them or, more importantly, provide for them, when they are not able to do so themselves?

Wasn't it YOU who intimated that these folks are just too lazy to bother getting an ID and who said outright that they're not as responsible as others who do? :eusa_eh:
Quote: Originally Posted by George Costanza:

I don't think lack of access is the issue - it is more of a sociological thing. People from the lower walk of life (such as my clients - in case you were not aware, I am a public defender) just don't get (obtain) ID's. They are not as responsible as those who are more fortunate and who have the motivation to get ID's.

My clients - going to a bank (for some reason other than to rob it), going to libraries, accessing public services? Please.

But don't limit it to my clients. In general, people who vote Democratic are more loosely constructed than those who vote Republican, which translartes into we don't have as many ID's per capita as you guys.

You can argue all you want against this fact, but it is a fact that requiring ID's to vote impacts potential Democratic voters more than postential Republican voters. As I said before, if it didn't, Republican legislatures wouldn't be passing such laws. How many Democratically controlled legislatures do you see passing ID's to vote laws, hmmmmm?

:eusa_shhh:

You dont really believe what you just posted, do you?

Sure he does and so does autostupid.

The lefties in this thread are taking a worse beating than a tissue paper pinata!

An appalling lack of self awarenesss - one of the primary traits of the authoritarian type personality.

Authoritarian is missleading. It implies some form of leadership. These dolts are just the worst kind of willfully ignorant followers. They think sex is a lap dance. They think trickle down is a fact like some lost map of the fountain of youth. They know nothing of history...even last week, last month or last year...forget about the last decade.

What it is...is.. They NEED an authoritarian to give thier weak ass lives some purpose even if it is a fantasy. They have been buying into fantasy pie in the sky claims all of thier worthless lives. They know no other way to operate...not having the spine nor the imagination to think for themselves.

An appalling lack of self awarenesss - one of the primary traits of the authoritarian type personality.

Authoritarian is missleading. It implies some form of leadership. These dolts are just the worst kind of willfully ignorant followers. They think sex is a lap dance. They think trickle down is a fact like some lost map of the fountain of youth. They know nothing of history...even last week, last month or last year...forget about the last decade.

What it is...is.. They NEED an authoritarian to give thier weak ass lives some purpose even if it is a fantasy. They have been buying into fantasy pie in the sky claims all of thier worthless lives. They know no other way to operate...not having the spine nor the imagination to think for themselves.
Thank you, Captain Hyperbole. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back