Voter ID

There are no reliable studies of the extent of voter fraud in the US. The studies that do exist, honest and well intentioned as they may be, only count the number of cases in which voter fraud was uncovered. There is no reliable way of estimating how many people committed voter fraud that went undetected.

Oooohhh....scary stealth votes. It's undetected because it is undetectable. It's not happening.

I've got no problem requiring photo identification at the polling place as long as the ID is provided free of charge, that the program takes YEARS, not months to implement, insuring that voters have ample opportunity to secure the necessary documents and that there is a grandfather clause for...well, grandfathers. If you're a gazillion years old and have been voting in every election since the Johnson administration, you get to fucking vote and not have to provide documentation that doesn't exist because you weren't born in a goddamn hospital.

Did you miss this question, Seawytch??

You work in California elections, correct?

Can you tell us how many ineligible voters in your state cast ballots in 2010?

In the gubernatorial election in 2010, (in my county) one voter was identified as voting twice...once by mail. ID at the polls would not have prevented it. What would have is pollworkers following the procedures and requiring the voter vote provisionally.

Anything to keep letting the illegal alien vote continue, right Clayton?

That 9 or 10 million is going to be crucial this year...

Accusations, not evidence – it’s only what you can prove in a court of law.

You also seem confused as to the process: only citizens can vote, a voter proves he’s a citizen when he registers to vote, providing whatever documentation in accordance with his state’s law.

WRONG!! There is NO PROOF of eligibility required to register.

You should know that...

Not true. Check out the Help America Vote Act.

Fraud on that scale would be impossible to hide, so be sure to let us know the second you uncover the evidence 9 or 10 million illegal aliens are registered to vote, mm-kay?

Oooohhh....scary stealth votes. It's undetected because it is undetectable. It's not happening.

I've got no problem requiring photo identification at the polling place as long as the ID is provided free of charge, that the program takes YEARS, not months to implement, insuring that voters have ample opportunity to secure the necessary documents and that there is a grandfather clause for...well, grandfathers. If you're a gazillion years old and have been voting in every election since the Johnson administration, you get to fucking vote and not have to provide documentation that doesn't exist because you weren't born in a goddamn hospital.

You work in California elections, correct?

Can you tell us how many ineligible voters in your state cast ballots in 2010?

In the gubernatorial election in 2010, (in my county) one voter was identified as voting twice...once by mail. ID at the polls would not have prevented it. What would have is pollworkers following the procedures and requiring the voter vote provisionally.

That wasn't the question, Seawytch.

You want to try again?

Accusations, not evidence – it’s only what you can prove in a court of law.

You also seem confused as to the process: only citizens can vote, a voter proves he’s a citizen when he registers to vote, providing whatever documentation in accordance with his state’s law.

WRONG!! There is NO PROOF of eligibility required to register.

You should know that...

Not true. Check out the Help America Vote Act.

Help America Vote Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Voter identification

HAVA requires any voter who registered by mail and who has not previously voted in a federal election to show current and valid photo identification or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter. Voters who submitted any of these forms of identification during registration are exempt, as are voters entitled to vote by absentee ballot under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.

If they register by mail, see the bolded. Which of those proves ELIGIBILITY?

And what do they have to show when they register at a table out front of Wal-Mart?

Fraud on that scale would be impossible to hide, so be sure to let us know the second you uncover the evidence 9 or 10 million illegal aliens are registered to vote, mm-kay?

The point is it is NOT hidden.

There is no verification of eligibility prior to or during the registration process.

There is no verification of eligibility prior to or during the voting process.

There is no verification of eligibility, AT ALL.

You want to try again?

How am I expected to answer? I don't work for the state. I can speak only for my county. We have had no incidents of in person voter fraud since I've worked for an Elections office (7 years).

There is no verification of eligibility prior to or during the registration process.

http://www.fec.gov/hava/law_ext.txt

You'll have to search the text yourself. I don't know how to do it on an iPad.

In what state or jurisdiction?

Unless you can document otherwise, every state requires citizens to document their eligibility to vote.

In Texas, for example, as in the other states, elections officials review your registration application and verify that you’re a citizen and eligible to vote:

All voters who registered to vote in Texas must provide a Texas driver's license number or personal identification number issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety or the last four digits of your social security number. If you have not been issued any of these numbers, then you must state that fact on the application by checking the designated box.

A voter who has not been issued a driver’s license or social security number may register to vote, but such voter must submit proof of identification when presenting himself/herself for voting or with his/her mail-in ballots, if voting by mail. These voters’ names are flagged on the official voter registration list with the annotation of “ID.” The “ID” notation instructs the poll worker to request a proper form of identification from these voters when they present themselves for voting.

Texas Voting
Thus at some point the voter must prove he’s eligible to vote.

Once the state has documented the voter is eligible and is registered to vote, there is no need to compel him to prove eligibility time and again at every election unless the state has evidence a voter is no longer eligible, such as a felony conviction.

Why is this an issue. Most Americans has some form of ID. A drivers license, medicare card, social security card, etc. Who does the inability to produce ID disenfranchise? I just don't get it. Why does the left continue to support NOT producing ID when voting. Perhaps I'm just a stupid conservative!

I'm on the left and I couldn't give a shit about producing an ID to vote. Been doing it for years anyway. But you stupid conservatives are like little spoiled brats who want everything to happen now, now, now. You can't pass a law that affects something so deeply fundamental to our freedom 3-6 months before a presidential election and expect people to scramble. Bullshit. Pass a fucking law that takes effect 2-3 years from now and get the fuck over it!

Like food stamp fraud the left knows they are the only ones cheating the system. Gotta get back at all those rule folling righties!

Unless you can document otherwise, every state requires citizens to document their eligibility to vote.

In Texas, for example, as in the other states, elections officials review your registration application and verify that you’re a citizen and eligible to vote:

All voters who registered to vote in Texas must provide a Texas driver's license number or personal identification number issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety or the last four digits of your social security number. If you have not been issued any of these numbers, then you must state that fact on the application by checking the designated box.

A voter who has not been issued a driver’s license or social security number may register to vote, but such voter must submit proof of identification when presenting himself/herself for voting or with his/her mail-in ballots, if voting by mail. These voters’ names are flagged on the official voter registration list with the annotation of “ID.” The “ID” notation instructs the poll worker to request a proper form of identification from these voters when they present themselves for voting.

Texas Voting

Once the state has documented the voter is eligible and is registered to vote, there is no need to compel him to prove eligibility time and again at every election unless the state has evidence a voter is no longer eligible, such as a felony conviction.

Presenting a Drivers License proves eligibility? Gee, aren't the 'evil Conservatives' having conniption fits over illegal aliens getting those things in several states? Didn't California just pass a law allowing DL's for illegal aliens? How many other states give DL's to illegal aliens?

And checking a box and swearing 'under penalty of perjury' that you're eligible is NOT VERIFYING that eligibility.

You want to try again?

How am I expected to answer? I don't work for the state. I can speak only for my county. We have had no incidents of in person voter fraud since I've worked for an Elections office (7 years).

So in your county can you tell me how many ineligible voters cast ballots in 2010?

No, you can't, because there is no way of finding out if a particular voter is eligible or not.

If they're registered, they're eligible, I guess, REGARDLESS of their true citizenship status.

Texas Voting

Presenting a Drivers License proves eligibility? Gee, aren't the 'evil Conservatives' having conniption fits over illegal aliens getting those things in several states? Didn't California just pass a law allowing DL's for illegal aliens? How many other states give DL's to illegal aliens?

And checking a box and swearing 'under penalty of perjury' that you're eligible is NOT VERIFYING that eligibility.

Since the bill was recently signed into law and nothing is known yet, I will have to speculate that the CDL of an undocumented immigrant is not going to clear the Calvalidator system.

Do you know what the penalty for perjury is? Sorry, there just aren't that many people willing to risk 5 years in prison to vote.

You want to try again?

So in your county can you tell me how many ineligible voters cast ballots in 2010?

No, you can't, because there is no way of finding out if a particular voter is eligible or not.

If they're registered, they're eligible, I guess, REGARDLESS of their true citizenship status.

An eligible vote is cast by a Registered voter, period. If they are registered and their ID did not clear the statewide system, they are required to provide ID at the time they vote. ID requirements are set forth in the NVRA and HAVA.

An eligible vote is cast by a Registered voter, period. If they are registered and their ID did not clear the statewide system, they are required to provide ID at the time they vote. ID requirements are set forth in the NVRA and HAVA.

Yep, and we've all seen just how stringent those requirements are, too.

Voter identification

HAVA requires any voter who registered by mail and who has not previously voted in a federal election to show current and valid photo identification or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter. Voters who submitted any of these forms of identification during registration are exempt, as are voters entitled to vote by absentee ballot under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.

Yep, and we've all seen just how stringent those requirements are, too.

Voter identification

You have a problem with government documents? :rolleyes:

I've said it a million times now, but here it is again...I don't have a problem with photo ID laws...if they are implemented in a reasonable fashion that doesn't disenfranchise voters or cost them a single penny.

Forum List

Back