Vote fraud rampant in CO now that it has mail-in voting.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
When you have mail-in voting, people just sell the unmarked ballots to political parties and unions and they fill it out as they wish. Same with absentee voting. . You have to insist people use voting booths.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sting-by-colorado-campaign-workers-rai/print/

oct 21 2014
DENVER — It's harvest time in Colorado, and not just for pumpkins. Concerns are running high over door-to-door campaign workers asking voters for their mail-in ballots in what is known as "ballot harvesting."

Now that all-mail voting is the law of the land in Colorado, the challenge for campaigns is to persuade voters to drop off or mail in their ballots — or hand them to the foot soldiers who turn up on their doorsteps offering to do it for them.

While it's legal to give your ballot to someone else — one person may turn in up to 10 ballots — election watchers worry that the practice is ripe for abuse.

"These are totally unauthorized people coming to the door and gathering ballots and doing whatever they want to them," said Marilyn Marks, president of the Aspen-based Citizen Center, which focuses on election integrity.

"If I have collected your ballot, I could do the honest thing and put it in the mail for you, or take it to the clerk's office and drop it off — or I could look inside, open it gently, see how you voted, and if I didn't like it, I could make some changes," said Ms. Marks. "Or the other thing I could do, if I don't like the way you're voting, I could throw your ballot in the trash can."

Yep. Potential problems. Any indication of actual fraud, or is this just some chicken little piece?

But if any does occur it does not mean that only one party alignment will do it...The RWers on this site are blind and think all RWers are honest and well meaning..

• Banned
But if any does occur it does not mean that only one party alignment will do it...The RWers on this site are blind and think all RWers are honest and well meaning..

By turning CO into a sanctuary state, the democrats have shown they support lawbreaking. Vote fraud is just one more example of it. THINK

And where in the article linked in the OP is this claim?

Or is this just another one of those 'fire and forget' accusations, where the goal isn't to prove a point. But to repeat a baseless accusation?

Sure. Where's the evidence of rampant voter fraud in CO?

Hmm, Oregon started mail-in voting in 1998 and has become more and more solid blue ever since....maybe you have a point

And where in the article linked in the OP is this claim?

Hey einstein. That's what the article is about. !!!! THINK

You've never actually read the article, have you?

The article doesn't cite a single instance of voter fraud in CO. Let alone claim that its 'rampant' in the State. You do. Citing yourself. Why wouldn't you read the article you just posted? Why would you misrepresent it? Its not like none of us can follow the link and read in a few minutes that you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Can I offer you a bit of advice that might help you avoid a similar blunder?

THINK.

For someone who types the word as often as you do, you may want to actually try it some time.

Hmm, Oregon started mail-in voting in 1998 and has become more and more solid blue ever since....maybe you have a point

The answer is far simpler:

With an average voter turnout of 60.13 – 8.5 percentage points above the national average – the system is working for Oregonians.

“There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we see high turnout because of vote-by-mail,” says Oregon Secretary of State Kate Brown. “It’s extremely convenient and accessible; it’s secure and cost-effective.”

Oregonians passed a referendum in 1998 to institute the vote-by-mail system – with almost 70 percent approval.

Voter turnout the 6 states that rank highest and why - Oregon - CSMonitor.com

Democrats tend to do better when more people vote. Republicans tend to do better when fewer people vote. Which is why democrats are fighting to make voting easier and more convenient. And republicans are fighting to make voting more difficult, cut early voting, and disenfranchise as many voters as possible.

Democracy doesn't suit conservatives as well as they might like.

When you have mail-in voting, people just sell the unmarked ballots to political parties and unions and they fill it out as they wish. Same with absentee voting. . You have to insist people use voting booths.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sting-by-colorado-campaign-workers-rai/print/

oct 21 2014
DENVER — It's harvest time in Colorado, and not just for pumpkins. Concerns are running high over door-to-door campaign workers asking voters for their mail-in ballots in what is known as "ballot harvesting."

Now that all-mail voting is the law of the land in Colorado, the challenge for campaigns is to persuade voters to drop off or mail in their ballots — or hand them to the foot soldiers who turn up on their doorsteps offering to do it for them.

While it's legal to give your ballot to someone else — one person may turn in up to 10 ballots — election watchers worry that the practice is ripe for abuse.

"These are totally unauthorized people coming to the door and gathering ballots and doing whatever they want to them," said Marilyn Marks, president of the Aspen-based Citizen Center, which focuses on election integrity.

"If I have collected your ballot, I could do the honest thing and put it in the mail for you, or take it to the clerk's office and drop it off — or I could look inside, open it gently, see how you voted, and if I didn't like it, I could make some changes," said Ms. Marks. "Or the other thing I could do, if I don't like the way you're voting, I could throw your ballot in the trash can."
Where's the link proving your RW claptrap to be true liar?

Where's the link proving your RW claptrap to be true liar?

Where's the source that even makes the accusation in the OP title? Its certainly not the one the OP author provided. It makes no mention of any voter fraud. But instead, worries about it from republicans.

Democraps will vote absentee then roll down to the voting booth 2 weeks later to vote again.

Sigh....I'd ask you to back that claim up with anything more than your ability to type it.....but we both know you really don't care if your claim is true.

Only that it feels true.

Eliminating early voting by opening the polls for a couple of days, and allowing absentee voting only for those in very specific absentee circumstances (military or other government service) would help, but only if voters were required to provide positive photo ID. Early voting is bs.

Eliminating early voting by opening the polls for a couple of days, and allowing absentee voting only for those in very specific absentee circumstances (military or other government service) would help, but only if voters were required to provide positive photo ID. Early voting is bs.

Why?

Forum List

Back