Vivek Ramaswamy is afraid of young voters

ALL that is actually worth discussion... with the dumbing down of our population. Sounds like he puts a lot of value in the voting process.. raising the voting age should effect political parties pretty equally
You are absolutely right, raising the voting age should affect both parties equally, but it wouldn't and Republicans know that. It wouldn't today, it wouldn't in 1971, and it never will.

And I also agree, no one should be able to vote unless they can pass the very same Civic test that immigrants seeking citizenship are required to pass. Why the hell limit it to those under 25? I am here to tell you, three out of four Trumptards on this website couldn't pass that test.

So let's expand this proposal. Voting is open to anyone over 18 that is not a convicted felon that has failed to comply with all the terms of their release or is currently incarcerated. But, just like they have to get a driver's license to drive, they have to get a voter's license to vote. Yes, that requires passing the Civic's test mentioned, but it also requires passing the standard personality test implemented by government agencies. You know the one, where ever third or fourth question is, "Someone is out to get me". Last thing we need is a bunch of conspiracy theory paranoid nutcases showing up at the polls.

...as he should be, because they are huge in numbers and they ain't voting for global warming-denying, gun-loving Republicans. Republicans offer nothing to young voters. They won't even eliminate their student debt, while they promote many times that amount in corporate welfare. 2024 is going to be a bloodbath for Republicans.

What, no call for a Constitutional amendment to reconstitute the poll tax? Can’t have the riff-raff voting! :cool-45:

You mean like the way Republicans buy the votes and support of Corporate America by delivering massive tax cuts and lowering the tax rates on the wealthy?

Like that?

You're not smart.
Another dumb fucking libtard asshole who doesn't know the first thing about economics.

You are absolutely right, raising the voting age should affect both parties equally, but it wouldn't and Republicans know that. It wouldn't today, it wouldn't in 1971, and it never will.

And I also agree, no one should be able to vote unless they can pass the very same Civic test that immigrants seeking citizenship are required to pass. Why the hell limit it to those under 25? I am here to tell you, three out of four Trumptards on this website couldn't pass that test.

So let's expand this proposal. Voting is open to anyone over 18 that is not a convicted felon that has failed to comply with all the terms of their release or is currently incarcerated. But, just like they have to get a driver's license to drive, they have to get a voter's license to vote. Yes, that requires passing the Civic's test mentioned, but it also requires passing the standard personality test implemented by government agencies. You know the one, where ever third or fourth question is, "Someone is out to get me". Last thing we need is a bunch of conspiracy theory paranoid nutcases showing up at the polls.

I think a civics test is a good idea. It would force people to think more responsibly

Who the hell is "Chris Hippensteel"? Nobody knows but lefties seem to think that his (or her) is the ultimate political source. I'm no fan of Ramswami and most old timers didn't think much of his rap song but maybe he is connecting to young voters and it scares crazies like the "Daily Beast".

He was never an entrepreneur. He was a hedge fund manager.

I can understand why he wouldn't want people to know him in that way.

. ..
Lol!!!

Ramaswamy, the millennial 37-year-old biotech entrepreneur who made a mark in the primary when he polled on par with former Vice President Mike Pence in a CBS survey last week, told POLITICO that in Iowa this week, he’ll call for increasing the automatic voting age to 25, unless a citizen 18 or older is enrolled in the military, works as a first-responder or passes the same civics test given to immigrants seeking American citizenship. Such a change could only be implemented by passing a constitutional amendment.

“There needs to be some civic experience you need to have gone through in order to actually vote,” Ramaswamy said. “That experience could be living seven years as an adult and voting at age 25. That experience could be direct service to the country or some first responder service,” or, he added, passing a civics test.

See, this, like your OP, is a deceptive headline.

He would need to change many laws, the voting rights act, etc.

He does have a point though.

This is the quote; "he’ll call for increasing the automatic voting age to 25, unless a citizen 18 or older is enrolled in the military, works as a first-responder or passes the same civics test given to immigrants seeking American citizenship."

So? That makes your OP, the title of your thread, your source, and the headline on the Hill articles ALL fake news.

Did he ponder it out loud?
4i6Ckte.gif

Then it's not a "smear".
After you gave the details, (with again, the purposely deceptive Hill headlined article,) he gave a substantially logical and nuanced position.

It was not at all unreasonable when it was understood.

Awww... does it hurt you feewings?
Not at all, it is just amazingly stupid and a clear indication of a total lack of self awareness. Come on, Trump's entire campaign, both then and now, is based on FEAR. Fear of immigrants, fear of the so-called deep state, fear of minorities.

And maybe that is what discourages me the most. I have spent a lifetime in sales, and fear cay n be an effective motivator, but it is the domain of the pussy. If you need to utilize fear as a means of closing, you are a pussy, and your product probably isn't all that great to start with. Plus, while initially effective, fear has an amazingly high "cancelation rate, it is a short term initiator, business closed with fear doesn't stick.

That is clearly borne out with Trump. Sure, there are some sad diehards that continually latch on to that fear and support Trump despite the fact that he is a criminal and a moron. But most people have gotten over that fear and are ready to move on.

. ..

See, this, like your OP, is a deceptive headline.

He would need to change many laws, the voting rights act, etc.

He does have a point though.

This is the quote; "he’ll call for increasing the automatic voting age to 25, unless a citizen 18 or older is enrolled in the military, works as a first-responder or passes the same civics test given to immigrants seeking American citizenship."

So? That makes your OP, the title of your thread, your source, and the headline on the Hill articles ALL fake news.
Riddle me this, why should someone under 25 have to pass the Civic's test but those over 25 get a free pass?

Riddle me this, why should someone under 25 have to pass the Civic's test but those over 25 get a free pass?
Maybe everyone should have to?

:dunno:

Honestly, you are asking the wrong person.

I have never really felt, that folks that don't have skin in the game should vote, I'm sort of a radical on that position. If you don't have property, a job, or investments that generate an income, no vote for you.

If you go back and study the political philosophy of the ancients, we can't really have universal suffrage, it doesn't make political philosophical sense, if the republic is to survive, IMO.

iu

I think a civics test is a good idea. It would force people to think more responsibly
You think making voting more difficult for people is "a good idea."
You want gubmint to "force people to think" stuff.
I think you would be supprised. People will vote for the best ideas and someone they feel is talking straight to them.
"talking straight"? Alrighty then,
You sound like a Fascist.

Voting is open to anyone over 18 that is not a convicted felon that has failed to comply with all the terms of their release or is currently incarcerated.
I've never seen the logic or the connection in not letting felons vote. Why should they lose their voting rights? They haven't lost their citizenship. What the leaders do affect them behind bars, also. And someone convicted of possession of marijuana should be able to vote for a candidate who wants to legalize it and pardon offenders. That sounds very American to me.

You think making voting more difficult for people is "a good idea."
You want gubmint to "force people to think" stuff.

"talking straight"? Alrighty then,
You sound like a Fascist.

How is talking about requirements to do anything talking like a fascist? it would never even happen without an act of congress... and has to happen anyway with due process... obviously trying to FORCE such a law is a fascistic move, but that not even what were talking about here.

Are ten year olds allowed to vote ? no? why not? you think at some point someone came up with some age parrameter?.... if Ramaswammy is just talking about what he feels and puts up an argument for something... its on the other side to come up with a counter point....not start screaming fascist like a small child.

...as he should be, because they are huge in numbers and they ain't voting for global warming-denying, gun-loving Republicans. Republicans offer nothing to young voters. They won't even eliminate their student debt, while they promote many times that amount in corporate welfare. 2024 is going to be a bloodbath for Republicans.
Vivek isn't Christian, so he doesn't have a chance of becoming president.

Forum List

Back