Virginia women protest "state mandated rape"

It's cheaper than having to pay for all the unwanted children who become criminals.

Is there no room in your heart for the sanctity of life?

Is there no room in your brain to realize that a grain sized embryo is NOT a human being???

Of course it is, it's a human being in one of the very early stages of life.

Do you think it 'magically' turns into a human being at some point?

Humans beget humans therefore, it can not be anything but a human being. It isn't a a lima bean or a dog or a fruit fly. It is, from the moment it is conceived, human.

Is there no room in your heart for the sanctity of life?

Is there no room in your brain to realize that a grain sized embryo is NOT a human being???

Of course it is, it's a human being in one of the very early stages of life.

Do you think it 'magically' turns into a human being at some point?

Humans beget humans therefore, it can not be anything but a human being. It isn't a a lima bean or a dog or a fruit fly. It is, from the moment it is conceived, human.

Too many big words, I think you lost him at "Of course". Try cartoons. ;)

Such liars the press are.

And such suckers so many of the readers are.

And, the women protesting this are idiots and sellouts.

"Except in the case of a medical emergency, at least 24 hours before the performance of an
abortion a qualified medical professional trained in sonography and working under the direct
supervision of a physician licensed in the Commonwealth shall perform fetal ultrasound imaging and
auscultation of fetal heart tone services on the patient undergoing the abortion for the purpose of
determining gestational age."

What horror!

Determining gestational age has nothing to do with it. Laying on additional guilt in the hopes of chasing her away is the sole purpose of the bill

Just like your health care bill.

The phrase how do you like me now comes to mind.

i'm going to hope you're just saying that. because equating having to share the burden of the costs of health care in this country with non-consensual penetration (generally called rape) is fairly nefarious.

it has nothing to do with determining gestational age. it's intended to force women to see pictures so they'll run screaming from the room or be tortured for their choice.

if it were necessary in order to determine gestational age, then doctors would do it. mitch daniels, who wrote the replacement legislation, hasn't a clue about what is necessary. he just knows that he doesn't like the fact that it's a LEGAL procedure. Let me reiterate that, it's LEGAL.

Determining gestational age has nothing to do with it. Laying on additional guilt in the hopes of chasing her away is the sole purpose of the bill

i'm going to hope you're just saying that. because equating having to share the burden of the costs of health care in this country with non-consensual penetration (generally called rape) is fairly nefarious.

it has nothing to do with determining gestational age. it's intended to force women to see pictures so they'll run screaming from the room or be tortured for their choice.

if it were necessary in order to determine gestational age, then doctors would do it. mitch daniels, who wrote the replacement legislation, hasn't a clue about what is necessary. he just knows that he doesn't like the fact that it's a LEGAL procedure. Let me reiterate that, it's LEGAL.

Yes, ultrasound is deemed by the Medical professionals as not medically necessary and the gestational age can be fairly determined with an HCG blood test anyway...

No one has to look at the pictures and "go screaming from the room." And while I didn't agree with this bill in the first place, bear in mind that ALL responsible doctors should do an ultrasound before they terminate a pregnancy. How could they not?

The Republican-controlled House of Delegates voted 65-32 for an amended bill that requires only an external ultrasound, not the vaginal insertion of a wand-like device that emits ultrasonic waves that are used to create images of the fetus.

The House-approved measure would require women seeking abortions to wait at least 24 hours after undergoing the external ultrasound fetal imaging before they can have the abortion if they live within 100 miles of the abortion clinic. If they live farther, they must wait only two hours.

Like the earlier bill, the House measure does not compel women to view ultrasound images or hear the fetal heartbeat, if there is one.

Read more: Virginia House Passes Scaled-back Ultrasound Bill, Final Approval Unlikely | Fox News

Sounds like nothing more than government created jobs again. How many people will they have to hire to ensure that doctors are doing what they do already?

Yes, ultrasound is deemed by the Medical professionals as not medically necessary and the gestational age can be fairly determined with an HCG blood test anyway...

exactly. :)

No one has to look at the pictures and "go screaming from the room." And while I didn't agree with this bill in the first place, bear in mind that ALL responsible doctors should do an ultrasound before they terminate a pregnancy. How could they not?

The Republican-controlled House of Delegates voted 65-32 for an amended bill that requires only an external ultrasound, not the vaginal insertion of a wand-like device that emits ultrasonic waves that are used to create images of the fetus.

The House-approved measure would require women seeking abortions to wait at least 24 hours after undergoing the external ultrasound fetal imaging before they can have the abortion if they live within 100 miles of the abortion clinic. If they live farther, they must wait only two hours.

Like the earlier bill, the House measure does not compel women to view ultrasound images or hear the fetal heartbeat, if there is one.

Read more: Virginia House Passes Scaled-back Ultrasound Bill, Final Approval Unlikely | Fox News

Sounds like nothing more than government created jobs again. How many people will they have to hire to ensure that doctors are doing what they do already?
Thankfully, the repubs pulled back from full blown rape. Reluctantly.

The external ultrasound is still a completely unneccesary procedure and nothing more than Big Government bullshit.

from the link you posted in the other thread...
What You Need to Know About the Prenatal Ultrasound
An ultrasound is generally performed for all pregnant women around 20 weeks gestation. During this ultrasound, the doctor will confirm that the placenta is healthy and attached normally and that your baby is growing properly in the uterus. The baby's heartbeat and movement of its body, arms and legs can also be seen on the ultrasound.
must suck to know if your baby is forming properly or not, huh.

An ultrasound is generally performed for all pregnant women around 20 weeks gestation. During this ultrasound, the doctor will confirm that the placenta is healthy and attached normally and that your baby is growing properly in the uterus. The baby's heartbeat and movement of its body, arms and legs can also be seen on the ultrasound.

If your intention already is to abort the pregnancy then there is no medical reason to perform the test! This particular medical procedure is a certain type of overly invasive ultrasound and the push for requiring one prior to abortion is by non-medical rationale.

BACKGROUND: Since the mid-1990s, several states have moved to make ultrasound part of abortion service provision. Some laws and policies require that a woman seeking an abortion receive information on accessing ultrasound services, while others require that a woman undergo an ultrasound before an abortion. Since routine ultrasound is not considered medically necessary as a component of first-trimester abortion, the requirements appear to be a veiled attempt to personify the fetus and dissuade a woman from obtaining an abortion. Moreover, an ultrasound can add significantly to the cost of the procedure.

www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_RFU.pdf

If your intention already is to abort the pregnancy then there is no medical reason to perform the test! This particular medical procedure is a certain type of overly invasive ultrasound and the push for requiring one prior to abortion is by non-medical rationale.

BACKGROUND: Since the mid-1990s, several states have moved to make ultrasound part of abortion service provision. Some laws and policies require that a woman seeking an abortion receive information on accessing ultrasound services, while others require that a woman undergo an ultrasound before an abortion. Since routine ultrasound is not considered medically necessary as a component of first-trimester abortion, the requirements appear to be a veiled attempt to personify the fetus and dissuade a woman from obtaining an abortion. Moreover, an ultrasound can add significantly to the cost of the procedure.

Nope. No medical reason except to keep your malpractice premiums down and ensure your license isn't yanked.

:rolleyes:

The thread has been through your nonsense. Graphic pictures might be the intent.

There is no evidence that rape by instrument will occur. If you need the taxpayer dime, because of irresponsibility. I have little to no sympathy.

I propose stating both a trans-vaginal ultrasound and trans-abdominal ultrasound fund raising drive for women.Sorry Women, it’s still the Dark Ages around America. How about we all start a bill in each state for a trans-anal sonogram for all those men (maybe all men would work way better too-BTW) who want this for a woman? :ahole-1: The people of vagina (yes, fucking Virginia)are now seeing the errors in their ways for voting in a republican majority, most just kissed any future in politic Buh-Bye! In this the 21st century, a technologically advanced country, we still have to deal with these Christians with their bronze age superstitions, patriarchal arrogance, and bizarre obsession others than their own Pussy/Vagina, if they get any?. And the civilized world laughs at us even more.

:eek::cuckoo::eusa_liar::ahole-1::fu:

The thread has been through your nonsense. Graphic pictures might be the intent.

There is no evidence that rape by instrument will occur. If you need the taxpayer dime, because of irresponsibility. I have little to no sympathy.

my nonsense? STFU, you idiot.

rape is defined as penetration without consent.

and we aren't, let me repeat for the brain dead, NOT talking about money, we're talking about a state mandated medical procedure.

now crawl back in your hole.

and thanks for reminding me why we can't have "civil" discussons with nutters.

my nonsense? STFU, you idiot.

rape is defined as penetration without consent.

and we aren't, let me repeat for the brain dead, NOT talking about money, we're talking about a state mandated medical procedure.

now crawl back in your hole.

and thanks for reminding me why we can't have "civil" discussons with nutters.

yeah right sissy. we get you. just like all the demoncrat cows appearing on TV telling us our employers have no right to tell us we cannot practice birth control. So fucking dishonest don't you think? No one is going to gell you you cannot practice birth control. we're just gonna tell you you have to pay for it. Now that's the honest part of that debate. The honest part of this debate is called INFORMED consent. The woman does not have to allow herself to be subjected to ultrasound. she can refuse and you bloody well know it.

Economy recovering.....check

Al Qaeda destroyed.....check

GM rebuilt.......check

What will the Republicans run on?

Anticontraception????

Nope. No medical reason except to keep your malpractice premiums down and ensure your license isn't yanked.

Aaaaand...By what authority should the State be able to yank a Doctor's license for not performing a medical procedure which is not medically necessary...?

Aaaaand...By what authority should the State be able to yank a Doctor's license for not performing a medical procedure which is not medically necessary...?
Pay attention, Val. If a state has mandated that NO elective abortion is done after the first trimester, a physician who does an abortion after the first trimester will have his license yanked by the state.

And, the physician will ensure that his license is not at risk by ensuring that s/he is NOT doing an abortion after the first trimester. The physician can be an idiot and trust what the patient says to determine gestational age, or trust what the most accurate method of determining gestational age is.

I'm not so sure you can figure this out.

That is only an opinion. Now for some it may be the intent. But that would only be some.

Pay attention, Val. If a state has mandated that NO elective abortion is done after the first trimester, a physician who does an abortion after the first trimester will have his license yanked by the state.

And, the physician will ensure that his license is not at risk by ensuring that s/he is NOT doing an abortion after the first trimester. The physician can be an idiot and trust what the patient says to determine gestational age, or trust what the most accurate method of determining gestational age is.

I'm not so sure you can figure this out.

Fuck off with your repeated snarky condescension, AS IF there's any thing I am incapable of comprehending... :doubt:

IF a woman has chosen to bear a pregnancy to full term, transvaginal ultrasounds are considered to be most accurate way to monitor the growth of the fetus, BUT for women who have already chosen to abort, the gestational age can be determined fairly accurately in OTHER ways IF necessary...The VAST MAJORITY of abortion cases the procedure is STILL medically unnecessary...Thus, requiring an overly invasive unnecessary medical procedure is BLATANT authoritarian over reach by the State.

Forum List

Back