Virginia Bellwether - Obama Sucks

Somehow this turned into a cap and tax thread, but back to the OP.

Current Poll on Virginia State Wide races.

Governor - Repub leads by 6% (Dem has lost 12% in the last month.)

Lt. Gov. - Repub leads by 6%

Atty. Gen. Repub leads by 7%

Wow...Republicans are leading in the south?

I'm shocked. Just shocked!

By the way...smooth transition from shit you got called out about. Were you lying about the coal fires, or did you just have no idea what you were talking about?

Actually it is news. Virginia went for a Democrat for the first time since 1964 in November. It was a large question whether Virginia would be a purple state or whether Obama was an anomaly. The election this November will do a lot to answer that question and whether the 2010 election cycle is going to be painful for Dems.

Only a Republican could think that a state that was red for the 40 years, and recently voted for a Democrat is suddenly a bellweather :lol:

Not so fast, Nik. They're going to use this to control every aspect of your life, right down to your MySpace page. Energy is going to be rationed, and it's not going to be pretty. What's great is that they've convinced lunes like you that it is needed, so you're advocating for your own enslavement. Pretty cool, huh?

The Internet's Carbon Footprint - Server Farms vs Your Desktop PC

Omg, puppies will die too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enslavement? Give me a fucking break.

If you aren't free, you're.......what?

Wait the liberal answer....you're regulated. :lol:

oh.. you mean like smarten up Where is the freedom, man?

That the beach is darker than the shoreline could mean that the "sand" on the beach is wet with organics, or it could be covered with a thin layer of liquid organics, he said.

YOUR LINK, genius...

:rofl:

Titan's Ethane Lake

Yes, there are little organic aliens sunbathing by the shores of the ethane lake taking moment to enjoy the -270 temperatures.

I guess you should probably read your links a little deeper than quoting a google search, eh buddy? After all, we can find organic life in a myriad of environmental conditions here on Earth... are you ready to declare that Titan is the product of Jesus Magic rather than Organic Material and chemical process that make your "oil on the moon" post a proverbial knee slapper?

Omg, puppies will die too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enslavement? Give me a fucking break.

oh.. you mean like HOW IM NOT FREE TO COME OVER AND SHOOT YOU IN THE FUCKING FACE? Where is the freedom, man?

There is nothing between us but your fear and atmosphere. Bring it punk!

Wow...Republicans are leading in the south?

I'm shocked. Just shocked!

By the way...smooth transition from shit you got called out about. Were you lying about the coal fires, or did you just have no idea what you were talking about?

Actually it is news. Virginia went for a Democrat for the first time since 1964 in November. It was a large question whether Virginia would be a purple state or whether Obama was an anomaly. The election this November will do a lot to answer that question and whether the 2010 election cycle is going to be painful for Dems.

Only a Republican could think that a state that was red for the 40 years, and recently voted for a Democrat is suddenly a bellweather :lol:

Virginia's gubernatorial elections have been considered bellwether for decades. It's not a new phenomenon.

oh.. you mean like HOW IM NOT FREE TO COME OVER AND SHOOT YOU IN THE FUCKING FACE? Where is the freedom, man?

yea, and that pesky little thing we call the LAW. Again, if regulation versus freedom is your solitary concern then why are you not out demanding a little more anarchy for breakfast? The selective nature of your rhetoric is rather interesting. I'm betting you would not, in fact, elect to remove criminal penalties for murder regardless of how it infringes upon my freedom to kill you. I have no other choice but to lampoon your input.

even the ones that are as intimidating as mickey mouse flexing in the mirror.

Actually there are a fairly large number of coal fires in the US, mostly in Pennsylvania.

There is no way of fighting coal fires cheaply. That being said, no, I don't think the Chinese are going to spend lots of money to protect the environment and put out coal fires. Do you?

Actually, the US is the largest per capita polluter in the world, by far. That being said, what exactly do you propose we do about China polluting?

Hmmm. Ok, so global warming is a problem. Should we lobby and argue with an government (the US) who we have some small power over/can change/has democratic accountability....or a government who we have no power over/can't change/ has no democratic accountability.

You seem to be arguing that, for some reason, we should be focusing on China first. Why is that?

Oh, well, if its politically easy, than its something we should be politically fighting for...except it won't really do anything.

I am arguing that we are trying to stop them, and are failing. Something can be done without having an actual effect, I'm sure you are aware of that.

We have NO control over what other countries do. China pollutes in all sorts of terrible ways. It would be great if we could prevent them from doing so, but we simply can't. So instead we'll focus on that tiny country that pollutes the most per capita, the United States.

per capita? So you think we're that dumb? I'm not impressed by per capita, talk to me about total percentages of pollutants. You can't breath without a mask in parts of china and russia. That's worse than here.

I'm not interested in cutting my own throat. That's why I'm more interested in China. And, I'm interested in coal fires because it exposes the left's control agenda. It's control the left wants. Stopping this or that pollutant is only a means to an end. The end is not making the environment better the end is the ability to control every aspect of every person's life.

If you can control when and how they use energy, you can take a huge step in that direction. Then, just imagine if you can control who gets health care and how much. That would be a SWEET amount of control. Next, we'll do water. Then, education. We'll need to make sure there is enough of whatever jobs the government needs done. And, of course if you are going to do that, might as well make sure there are the right jobs available too. Don't worry about deciding what to do, the government will tell you so you won't need to worry your pretty head about it.

If you aren't free, you are.......er, regulated :eusa_shhh:

Virginia is a coal state, if crap and raid is passed they will be destroyed.

It is TIME to stop murdering our people...

c02c_i1.jpg
c02c_i3.jpg

Burning coal is a leading cause of smog, acid rain, global warming, and air toxics. In an average year, a typical coal plant generates:

* 3,700,000 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2), the primary human cause of global warming--as much carbon dioxide as cutting down 161 million trees.

* 10,000 tons of sulfur dioxide (SO2), which causes acid rain that damages forests, lakes, and buildings, and forms small airborne particles that can penetrate deep into lungs.

* 500 tons of small airborne particles, which can cause chronic bronchitis, aggravated asthma, and premature death, as well as haze obstructing visibility.

* 10,200 tons of nitrogen oxide (NOx), as much as would be emitted by half a million late-model cars. NOx leads to formation of ozone (smog) which inflames the lungs, burning through lung tissue making people more susceptible to respiratory illness.

* 720 tons of carbon monoxide (CO), which causes headaches and place additional stress on people with heart disease.

* 220 tons of hydrocarbons, volatile organic compounds (VOC), which form ozone.

* 170 pounds of mercury, where just 1/70th of a teaspoon deposited on a 25-acre lake can make the fish unsafe to eat.

* 225 pounds of arsenic, which will cause cancer in one out of 100 people who drink water containing 50 parts per billion.

* 114 pounds of lead, 4 pounds of cadmium, other toxic heavy metals, and trace amounts of uranium.

coal power: air pollution | Union of Concerned Scientists

Hey, I've got a great fucking idea, why don't you and your Librul brothers go without heat in the winter and A/C in the summer and leave the rest of us alone. Deal?

Enron tried that once.

per capita? So you think we're that dumb? I'm not impressed by per capita, talk to me about total percentages of pollutants. You can't breath without a mask in parts of china and russia. That's worse than here.
Not so fast.....Let's play the per capita game, if only for a moment.

I wonder which country it is that gets more, per capita, capital production per BTU and least amount given amount of pollutants you want to name for that production??

We are first per capita, and second in total amount. We only fall behind China, who is #1, and for many, many years we were number 1.

Wow...can't breathe without a mask. That just means the pollution is centralized. You fall into the idiotic belief of only believing something if you can see the physical manifestations of it. Because it doesn't exist if its spread out, right?

I'm not interested in cutting my own throat. That's why I'm more interested in China. And, I'm interested in coal fires because it exposes the left's control agenda. It's control the left wants. Stopping this or that pollutant is only a means to an end. The end is not making the environment better the end is the ability to control every aspect of every person's life.

Of course. Your more interested in China because you only care about an issue if you don't personally have to suffer from the fix. Its A OK if other people have to suffer (ignore the fact that their suffering will be much worse than ours), but if you suffer than you are just against it.

Exposes the control agenda? Ok then, retard extraordinaire, if the left has a "control agenda", can you please explain the left advocating for the legalization of marijuana, for the freedom to have an abortion, and for same sex marriage?

As I said. Your not a fuckwit, don't act like one. The control agenda? The only idiots who believe that kind of shit are far-right loonies. If you keep up with that kind of shit, then we can have a fun rhetorical war where I can accuse you of hating polar bears, the poor, and everything that is good in the world and being an evil corporatist fuckhead. And that would take attention away from the fact that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, but lets actually keep the conversation serious, eh?

If you can control when and how they use energy, you can take a huge step in that direction. Then, just imagine if you can control who gets health care and how much. That would be a SWEET amount of control. Next, we'll do water. Then, education. We'll need to make sure there is enough of whatever jobs the government needs done. And, of course if you are going to do that, might as well make sure there are the right jobs available too. Don't worry about deciding what to do, the government will tell you so you won't need to worry your pretty head about it.

If you aren't free, you are.......er, regulated :eusa_shhh:

Nobody is trying to control HOW anyone uses energy, just how MUCH they use.

Jesus fuck, get some sense into your head.

yea, and that pesky little thing we call the LAW. Again, if regulation versus freedom is your solitary concern then why are you not out demanding a little more anarchy for breakfast? The selective nature of your rhetoric is rather interesting. I'm betting you would not, in fact, elect to remove criminal penalties for murder regardless of how it infringes upon my freedom to kill you. I have no other choice but to lampoon your input.

I wouldn't be too sure. I'm willing to bet you're not 100% sure which end the bullet comes out of. Weigh that against all the expert badges in marksmanship I have and how shame the Marines every time I fire against them, and I'm pretty willing to have you take a go at me since it means I can have a go at you. My M-14 can reach out and touch you from a long way away too, so be sure and sneak up on me so you'll have a fighting chance.

Nice internet muscles though....sexy. :lol:

Virginia is a coal state, if crap and raid is passed they will be destroyed.

c02c_i1.jpg
c02c_i3.jpg

Burning coal is a leading cause of smog, acid rain, global warming, and air toxics. In an average year, a typical coal plant generates:

* 3,700,000 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2), the primary human cause of global warming--as much carbon dioxide as cutting down 161 million trees.

* 10,000 tons of sulfur dioxide (SO2), which causes acid rain that damages forests, lakes, and buildings, and forms small airborne particles that can penetrate deep into lungs.

* 500 tons of small airborne particles, which can cause chronic bronchitis, aggravated asthma, and premature death, as well as haze obstructing visibility.

* 10,200 tons of nitrogen oxide (NOx), as much as would be emitted by half a million late-model cars. NOx leads to formation of ozone (smog) which inflames the lungs, burning through lung tissue making people more susceptible to respiratory illness.

* 720 tons of carbon monoxide (CO), which causes headaches and place additional stress on people with heart disease.

* 170 pounds of mercury, where just 1/70th of a teaspoon deposited on a 25-acre lake can make the fish unsafe to eat.

* 225 pounds of arsenic, which will cause cancer in one out of 100 people who drink water containing 50 parts per billion.

* 114 pounds of lead, 4 pounds of cadmium, other toxic heavy metals, and trace amounts of uranium.

Hey, I've got a great fucking idea, why don't you and your Librul brothers go without heat in the winter and A/C in the summer and leave the rest of us alone. Deal?

Hey pea brain...the "commons" are NOT the property of any corporation, government or country...we KNOW the negative effects of the carcinogens and other deadly emissions coal produces...AND there's no way they will leave you, me or our children ALONE...

Interesting facts about and coal-fired power plants,
mercury, and other pollutants:

1. Coal is the number one source of total US electricity production (54%). (Energy Information Administration, Annual Energy Outlook, 1998).

2. Out of the entire US electric industry, coal-fired power plants contribute 96% of sulfur dioxide emissions (SO2), 93% of nitrogen oxide emissions (NOx), 88% of carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) and 99% of mercury emissions. (Clean the Air, “Power Plant Air Pollution Problem,” Fact sheet).

3. Coal-fired power plants are the single largest source of mercury pollution in the US (U.S. EPA, Office of Water, “Air Pollution and Water Quality: Atmospheric Deposition Initiative: Where is the Air Pollution Coming From?”) Available online at http://www.epa.gov/owowwtr1/oceans/airdep/air5html, responsible for 33% of the total mercury emissions from all known manmade sources nationwide. (U.S. EPA, Mercury Report to Congress, 1997, Vol. 1).

4. According to the US National Wildlife Federation (NWF), a single 100 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant emits approximately 25 pounds of mercury a year. (National Wildlife Federation, “Clean the Rain, Clean the Lakes: Mecury in Rain is Polluting the Great Lakws,” p. 4, September 1999).

5. According to the US Center for Clean Air Policy, 50% of the mercury emitted from coal-fired power plants can travel up to 600 miles from the power plant. (Center for Clean Air Policy, “Power Plant Emissions and Water Quality,” October 1997, Part 1, p.13).

6. In 1994, mercury emissions by coal plants in the US reached 51 tons. (U.S. EPA, “Electric Utility Steam Generating Units Hazardous Air Pollutant Emission Study,” (Feb. 24, 1998), p.ES-6, Table ES-2).

7. According to NWF, as little as 0.002 pounds of mercury a year can contaminate a 25-acre lake to the point where fish are unsafe to eat. (National Wildlife Federation, “Clean the Rain, Clean the Lakes: Mecury in Rain is Polluting the Great Lakws,” p. 4, September 1999).

8. Methylmercury contamination in food sources as low as one part per million has been shown to cause death in some some animals. (Factsheet, Great Waters Program, National Wildlife Federation).

9. Coal emits 29% more carbon per unit of energy than oil, and 80% more than natural gas. (Worldwatch Institute, “Phasing out Coal: Environmental Concerns, Subsidy Cuts Fuel Decline,” Press Release). CO2 represents the major portion of greenhouse gases. Over the last 30 years, the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has increased by 30%, (i.e. the human-influenced phenomenon called global warming). Nine of the ten warmest years in recorded history have occurred in the last decade. (Physicians for Social Responsibility, “Death by Degrees: The Emerging Health Crisis of Climate Change in Georgia,” February 2000, p.6.1)

10. In 1997, pollution controls from power plants to reduce acid rain cost approximately $100 per ton. (“Heavy Breathing,” National Journal, January 4, 1997)

11. Every year, nearly 600 coal and oil-fired power plants produce over 100 million tons of sludge waste. (Citizens Coal Council, Hoosier Environmental Council, Clean Air Task Force, “Laid to Waste: The Dirty Secret of Combustion Waste from America’s Power Plants,” February 2000, p. 1.3) Forty percent of the coals waste landfills and 80 percent of the coal waste surface impoundments do not have liners, and less than half the landfills and only 1 percent of impoundments have groundwater monitors. (“Fast Facts on Air,” A Sourcebook for the Clean Air Advocate, Clean Air Network, 2000)
http://www.greenpeace.org/seasia/en/asia-energy-revolution/dirty-energy/facts-about-coal

I wouldn't be too sure. I'm willing to bet you're not 100% sure which end the bullet comes out of. Weigh that against all the expert badges in marksmanship I have and how shame the Marines every time I fire against them, and I'm pretty willing to have you take a go at me since it means I can have a go at you. My M-14 can reach out and touch you from a long way away too, so be sure and sneak up on me so you'll have a fighting chance.

Nice internet muscles though....sexy. :lol:

Clearly, you are missing my point about freedom and regulation, Einstein. But, to be sure, here in the Show Me State I'm betting that i've shot more rounds before I was ten than you have by the time you joined the marines. your m-14 isn't a civvy weapon and, again with the pesky law point I'm making, you'd find yourself having to fend off as many cops within radio proximity. I know that feeling like rambo soothes your laughable inconsistency about freedom versus regulation though so I'll give you a pass this time.

I'm sure laying on the ground and taking as much time necessary to get your marksman scout badge will save your life were you facing someone with as much freedom to shoot you as you demand elsewhere.

:rofl:

:thup:

c02c_i1.jpg
c02c_i3.jpg

Hey pea brain...the "commons" are NOT the property of any corporation, government or country...we KNOW the negative effects of the carcinogens and other deadly emissions coal produces...AND there's no way they will leave you, me or our children ALONE...

Interesting facts about and coal-fired power plants,
mercury, and other pollutants:

1. Coal is the number one source of total US electricity production (54%). (Energy Information Administration, Annual Energy Outlook, 1998).

2. Out of the entire US electric industry, coal-fired power plants contribute 96% of sulfur dioxide emissions (SO2), 93% of nitrogen oxide emissions (NOx), 88% of carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) and 99% of mercury emissions. (Clean the Air, “Power Plant Air Pollution Problem,” Fact sheet).

3. Coal-fired power plants are the single largest source of mercury pollution in the US (U.S. EPA, Office of Water, “Air Pollution and Water Quality: Atmospheric Deposition Initiative: Where is the Air Pollution Coming From?”) Available online at http://www.epa.gov/owowwtr1/oceans/airdep/air5html, responsible for 33% of the total mercury emissions from all known manmade sources nationwide. (U.S. EPA, Mercury Report to Congress, 1997, Vol. 1).

4. According to the US National Wildlife Federation (NWF), a single 100 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant emits approximately 25 pounds of mercury a year. (National Wildlife Federation, “Clean the Rain, Clean the Lakes: Mecury in Rain is Polluting the Great Lakws,” p. 4, September 1999).

5. According to the US Center for Clean Air Policy, 50% of the mercury emitted from coal-fired power plants can travel up to 600 miles from the power plant. (Center for Clean Air Policy, “Power Plant Emissions and Water Quality,” October 1997, Part 1, p.13).

6. In 1994, mercury emissions by coal plants in the US reached 51 tons. (U.S. EPA, “Electric Utility Steam Generating Units Hazardous Air Pollutant Emission Study,” (Feb. 24, 1998), p.ES-6, Table ES-2).

7. According to NWF, as little as 0.002 pounds of mercury a year can contaminate a 25-acre lake to the point where fish are unsafe to eat. (National Wildlife Federation, “Clean the Rain, Clean the Lakes: Mecury in Rain is Polluting the Great Lakws,” p. 4, September 1999).

8. Methylmercury contamination in food sources as low as one part per million has been shown to cause death in some some animals. (Factsheet, Great Waters Program, National Wildlife Federation).

9. Coal emits 29% more carbon per unit of energy than oil, and 80% more than natural gas. (Worldwatch Institute, “Phasing out Coal: Environmental Concerns, Subsidy Cuts Fuel Decline,” Press Release). CO2 represents the major portion of greenhouse gases. Over the last 30 years, the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere has increased by 30%, (i.e. the human-influenced phenomenon called global warming). Nine of the ten warmest years in recorded history have occurred in the last decade. (Physicians for Social Responsibility, “Death by Degrees: The Emerging Health Crisis of Climate Change in Georgia,” February 2000, p.6.1)

10. In 1997, pollution controls from power plants to reduce acid rain cost approximately $100 per ton. (“Heavy Breathing,” National Journal, January 4, 1997)

11. Every year, nearly 600 coal and oil-fired power plants produce over 100 million tons of sludge waste. (Citizens Coal Council, Hoosier Environmental Council, Clean Air Task Force, “Laid to Waste: The Dirty Secret of Combustion Waste from America’s Power Plants,” February 2000, p. 1.3) Forty percent of the coals waste landfills and 80 percent of the coal waste surface impoundments do not have liners, and less than half the landfills and only 1 percent of impoundments have groundwater monitors. (“Fast Facts on Air,” A Sourcebook for the Clean Air Advocate, Clean Air Network, 2000)
http://www.greenpeace.org/seasia/en/asia-energy-revolution/dirty-energy/facts-about-coal

So, what's stopping you from moving off the energy grid?

If it's really that terrible aren't you part of the problem?

Why do we ALL have to stop?

I mean Libruls keep bullshitting me that they're now the majority. Why dosen't the "Majority" put some action behind their flapping piehole and MOVE THE FUCK OFF THE ENERGY GRID RIGHT NOW!

Think of all the good you'll do!

The Benefits of all Libruls (who are supposedly a "majority") moving off the Energy Grid.

1. Coal is the number one source of total US electricity production (54%). We would cut the use of coal in half(Energy Information Administration, Annual Energy Outlook, 1998).

2. Coal-fired power plants contribution of sulfur dioxide emissions, halved to 48% (SO2), 47% of nitrogen oxide emissions (NOx), 44% of carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) and 50% of mercury emissions. (Clean the Air, “Power Plant Air Pollution Problem,” Fact sheet). All cut in half!

Why the fuck are you Libruls still even reading GET THE FUCK OFF THE GRID NOW!

3. According to the US National Wildlife Federation (NWF), a single 100 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant emissions halved to approximately 12 pounds of mercury a year.

Seriously, GET THE FUCK OFF THE GRID!

4. According to the US Center for Clean Air Policy, 25% of the mercury emitted from coal-fired power plants can travel up to 300 miles from the power plant. All halved!

6. In 1994, mercury emissions by coal plants in the US reached 26 tons!

That's half of what it was because Libruls are living in caves!

Also, think of the absolute Peace and Queit from not reading the bullshit they post!

The Benefits of all Libruls (who are supposedly a "majority") moving off the Energy Grid.

1. Coal is the number one source of total US electricity production (54%). We would cut the use of coal in half(Energy Information Administration, Annual Energy Outlook, 1998).

2. Coal-fired power plants contribution of sulfur dioxide emissions, halved to 48% (SO2), 47% of nitrogen oxide emissions (NOx), 44% of carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) and 50% of mercury emissions. (Clean the Air, “Power Plant Air Pollution Problem,” Fact sheet). All cut in half!

3. According to the US National Wildlife Federation (NWF), a single 100 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant emissions halved to approximately 12 pounds of mercury a year.

4. According to the US Center for Clean Air Policy, 25% of the mercury emitted from coal-fired power plants can travel up to 300 miles from the power plant. All halved!

Also, think of the absolute Peace and Queit from not reading the bullshit they post!

Yea, I'm just making up all this crap about the devastating health effects of carcinogens.

It's ironic, 3000 Americans died on 9/11 and you right wing pea brains want to string up the guilty parties...BUT, George W. Bush's criminal gutting of the Clean Air Act and hundreds of other environmental regulations will lead to the premature death of a hundred thousand Americans...including some PEA brains...

But just keep cheering for the executioner you morons!

"It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners."
Camus

Yea, I'm just making up all this crap about the devastating health effects of carcinogens.

It's ironic, 3000 Americans died on 9/11 and you right wing pea brains want to string up the guilty parties...BUT, George W. Bush's criminal gutting of the Clean Air Act and hundreds of other environmental regulations will lead to the premature death of a hundred thousand Americans...including some PEA brains...

Camus

You're still here? Why? You made your point, now it's time for you to get off the Grid.

Yes. Coal bad. Very bad, very very bad.

Why are you here killing people with your posts? Can we indict you for "murder"?

If you think it's so bad why aren't you off the grid already?

Camus

You're still here? Why? You made your point, now it's time for you to get off the Grid.

Why are you here killing people with your posts? Can we indict you for "murder"?

WOW, now that was a real "intelligent" reply...:eek::eek::eek:

BTW, my electricity is hydro generated...

i_love_niagara_falls_green_power_treehugger.jpg

Camus

WOW, now that was a real "intelligent" reply...:eek::eek::eek:

BTW, my electricity is hydro generated...

i_love_niagara_falls_green_power_treehugger.jpg

Like all other Libruls, you only want everyone else to go without power.

Forum List

Back