Violence against police should be Hate crimes.

I personally think hate crimes are fucking stupid, but liberals love them.

If someone is targeted for violence specifically because they are police, it should be a hate crime.

How could liberals possibly be against this?
There used to be an enhancement for crimes against the police. Democrats put an end to that.

If someone is targeted for violence specifically because they are police, it should be a hate crime.

It doesn't fit the category of a hate crime. After all, what is a hate crime? A hate crime is a crime committed against a very likely Democrat voter such as minorities, gays, cross dressers and so on. It's a crime that violates our Constitutional right of Equal Protection under the Law as it assesses harsher penalties for the same crime others commit not categorized as hate.

However you are correct that our laws do not protect police officers nearly enough. Assaulting a police officer should be a felony that carries a minimum of five years in prison on top of other penalties for additional crimes committed.
Are you feeling OK today Ray? That doesn't sound like you. I would have thought you favored death penalty, equally applied for assassinating a Law Enforcement Office. You and I disagree and agree to extents on lots of things, as we have posted back and fourth for months now, but usually you are further to the right than I. Got time to explain my misunderstanding? You always have specific reasoning behind your post, even if we do not agree.

How much further right can I get than that? I've always supported our police strongly. I've always felt that they get the short end of the stick for protecting the public. And what does this have to do with the death penalty anyway?
It should be the penalty for attacking a police officer simply because he is a police officer. Once is too many times and to be able to kill another one within 5 years is not minimal. It is an insult to law enforcement. Damn, I hate sounding like radical rightwing, talking to only hardcore rightwing.:confused: You know I am more centrist, to begin with.

It doesn't fit the category of a hate crime. After all, what is a hate crime? A hate crime is a crime committed against a very likely Democrat voter such as minorities, gays, cross dressers and so on. It's a crime that violates our Constitutional right of Equal Protection under the Law as it assesses harsher penalties for the same crime others commit not categorized as hate.

However you are correct that our laws do not protect police officers nearly enough. Assaulting a police officer should be a felony that carries a minimum of five years in prison on top of other penalties for additional crimes committed.
Are you feeling OK today Ray? That doesn't sound like you. I would have thought you favored death penalty, equally applied for assassinating a Law Enforcement Office. You and I disagree and agree to extents on lots of things, as we have posted back and fourth for months now, but usually you are further to the right than I. Got time to explain my misunderstanding? You always have specific reasoning behind your post, even if we do not agree.

How much further right can I get than that? I've always supported our police strongly. I've always felt that they get the short end of the stick for protecting the public. And what does this have to do with the death penalty anyway?
It should be the penalty for attacking a police officer simply because he is a police officer. Once is too many times and to be able to kill another one within 5 years is not minimal. It is an insult to law enforcement. Damn, I hate sounding like radical rightwing, talking to only hardcore rightwing.:confused: You know I am more centrist, to begin with.

On the other side of the coin, when you have a 10 or more times violent cop still doing his violence then you need to treat that like a Hate Crime as well. You can't have it just one way.

you simply would like to enlarge the subject for your agenda.
Hey Whitehead, I have something you can enlarge for me right here, dipshit. You're so fucking lost, even your arguments go around in circles.
Probably needs enlargement, but you ain't my type, honey. You probably need a pair hanging below that clitoris.

Fucking asshole cops gotta suck it up and deal with random acts of violence just like everyone else. They have guns which are already banned for everyone else.
not protect police officers nearly enough. Assaulting a police officer should be a felony that carries a minimum of five years in prison on top of other penalties for additional crimes committed
And they wonder why so many are killed in the line of duty? What the fuck is their duty anyways? Just beat the shit out of some random dude on the street and bully him into a five year prison sentence without even so much as a court appearance?

And if the cops are picking on guys like that, they're really fucking over some of those poor women or street ladies out there. And the cops aren't the ones going to prison for all that rape, either.

People are starting to come to the inevitable conclusion that the only good cop is a dead cop. I don't like that, but city hall hires far too many cops for the job that needs to be done, most of the street violence in any given city being instigated by the cops themselves in the first place.

Drug deals are going down everywhere, and people aren't even clean and sober behind the wheel, but the cops sure aren't busting the druggers.

"We don't have a problem with drugs in our town."

When did the cops become such assholes? Find that out and undo that.

I think it had to do with Oscar Ray Bolin..correct me if I'm wrong.

Used to not think cops were bad..not that long ago, either..

Something has changed, they're gunning all kinds of people down.

That guy with the autistic patient in Miami, for instance. He did what they said and they shot him anyways.

I think the problem is in the hiring and the training. Apparently standards have been lowered.

Also the braindead apathetic commies the school system is cranking out does not help matters.

We used to pull people apart before they did any major damage to each other..
UFC is bad, IMO.

Last edited:

On the other side of the coin, when you have a 10 or more times violent cop still doing his violence then you need to treat that like a Hate Crime as well. You can't have it just one way.
Understood and agree. No justification for excess in the line of duty, but police in general should not be targeted for the excess of the few. Most cops and Feds I know are part of the good guys, but maybe I am just lucky to be in control of my associations and contacts. Even if that is the case based on my associations, I still cannot help but believe most are among the good guys in general. Bad cops should be prosecuted, not assassinated. Dang, Daryl, that sounded like a cheap slogan too, didn't it?

Touching a police officer is already a felony....a felony that prosecutors rarely go after...

Touching a police officer is already a felony....a felony that prosecutors rarely go after...
Can you give me a statute on that touching thing?

Fucking asshole cops gotta suck it up and deal with random acts of violence just like everyone else. They have guns which are already banned for everyone else.
not protect police officers nearly enough. Assaulting a police officer should be a felony that carries a minimum of five years in prison on top of other penalties for additional crimes committed
And they wonder why so many are killed in the line of duty? What the fuck is their duty anyways? Just beat the shit out of some random dude on the street and bully him into a five year prison sentence without even so much as a court appearance?

And if the cops are picking on guys like that, they're really fucking over some of those poor women or street ladies out there. And the cops aren't the ones going to prison for all that rape, either.

People are starting to come to the inevitable conclusion that the only good cop is a dead cop. I don't like that, but city hall hires far too many cops for the job that needs to be done, most of the street violence in any given city being instigated by the cops themselves in the first place.

Drug deals are going down everywhere, and people aren't even clean and sober behind the wheel, but the cops sure aren't busting the druggers.

"We don't have a problem with drugs in our town."

The only people who are against cops are criminals or future criminals. They don't run around to find "random" people to beat the hell out of. I've never heard any such case in my life. People that hate cops are those that buy into the same rumors you do without question.

IMO the reason we have so many repeat crimes is because the penalty is not enough to deter the crime. That's why I suggested a minimum of five years. When word gets around that people are going to prison for five years just for punching or biting a cop, the rest will stop doing it.

A strong enough deterrent works every time it's used.

IMO the reason we have so many repeat crimes is because the penalty is not enough to deter the crime. That's why I suggested a minimum of five years. When word gets around that people are going to prison for five years just for punching or biting a cop, the rest will stop doing it.

I have no problem with 5 years for punching or biting. A nine millimeter round to the side of the head while a cop is eating a doughnut, sitting behind the wheel is something else.

I have no problem with 5 years for punching or biting. A nine millimeter round to the side of the head while a cop is eating a doughnut, sitting behind the wheel is something else.

That should be an automatic death penalty, all appeals exhausted within one year.

Listing something as hate crime is emotional goo. Doesn't make that person any more or less dead or hurt. Just apply the law. We don't need more emotional feely descriptions attached to a law.

As I stated earlier on, it's not about the hate, it's about who the hate is directed at. After all, how many people murder out of love? Most all people hate who they go out to kill. The only exception to that are murders committed by a family member who was suffering dearly from an illness.

Listing something as hate crime is emotional goo. Doesn't make that person any more or less dead or hurt. Just apply the law. We don't need more emotional feely descriptions attached to a law.

As I stated earlier on, it's not about the hate, it's about who the hate is directed at. After all, how many people murder out of love? Most all people hate who they go out to kill. The only exception to that are murders committed by a family member who was suffering dearly from an illness.

Exactly, hate is already implied on these crimes.

That should be an automatic death penalty, all appeals exhausted within one year.
Now you're talkin Ray. Thank you for the clarification.

Forum List

Back