Victory for Trickle Down.......Richest Americans wealth jumps 8%

they sure didn't get it by sitting back on their as and living off entitlements. They worked for it. Took risks and earned it. That what built America strong.

They risked nothing but their credit rating, hardly worked at all and did almost all of that "work" sitting on their ass.

What fantasy world do you live in?

yea it's so easy. That's why your rich right? :cuckoo:

Wealthy people, often, are wiser with money. They know how to handle money, and so when real estate comes on the market for bargain rates, they can snap it up.

They didn't get rich by living off credit cards and buying crap they couldn't afford. They got rich by being intelligent, making long range plans and carrying out those plans. It was no accident that they got rich, but a result of hard work and lots of planning.

Lots of them got rich off of credit. why else would banks be to big to let fail?

You miss the point. Properly leveraging credit (at record low rates) is completely different than "living off credit cards and buying crap they couldn't afford." Get it?

Wealthy people, often, are wiser with money. They know how to handle money, and so when real estate comes on the market for bargain rates, they can snap it up.

They didn't get rich by living off credit cards and buying crap they couldn't afford. They got rich by being intelligent, making long range plans and carrying out those plans. It was no accident that they got rich, but a result of hard work and lots of planning.

Lots of them got rich off of credit. why else would banks be to big to let fail?

You miss the point. Properly leveraging credit (at record low rates) is completely different than "living off credit cards and buying crap they couldn't afford." Get it?

you just described two sides of the same coin. Get it?

they sure didn't get it by sitting back on their as and living off entitlements. They worked for it. Took risks and earned it. That what built America strong.

They risked nothing but their credit rating, hardly worked at all and did almost all of that "work" sitting on their ass.

It isn't easy or hard. It is the difference between the privileged and the many.

Hard working people are almost always poor.

An American fact:
The more you "earn" the less physical/productive work you do.
The average US worker does far more to build a sustainable America than does the hedgefund manager.

It isn't easy or hard. It is the difference between the privileged and the many.

Yes Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Michael Dell all started out priveledged.

for every one that made it the hard way, aka New Money types. There are hundreds that made it the old fashioned way, they inherited it it. aka old money types.

for every one that made it the hard way, aka New Money types. There are hundreds that made it the old fashioned way, they inherited it it. aka old money types.

But they maintain it. That's the difference. Look at all the street urchin athletes and rap stars that make a fortune and end up broke.

I've actually known many upper-middle class and upper-class people in my life. Most of them work their asses off, are intelligent, and just as nice as poor folk. People born into wealth who squander in lives of dissipation will eventually become broke.

But they maintain it. That's the difference. Look at all the street urchin athletes and rap stars that make a fortune and end up broke.

If the inherited wealth can make it past the first round of inheritances then it will likely continue. Many fail when the parton leader that led the family to wealth dies.

you just described two sides of the same coin. Get it?

No. Please elaborate. If my investments are paying 10% and I can borrow at 7% then there is no reason to stop making 8% on existing investments to start another venture.

Nope, most of them didn't get rich off of credit. Credit is the resort of the foolhardy. The reason why the banks were 'too big to fail' was simply this..... Had we allowed the banks to fail, every single fucking American... and vast amounts of people around the world... would have lost everything. And, by everything... I mean literally EVERYTHING. We'd have had even more millions out of work, vast amounts of us would have lost our homes, cars, and the country would have collapsed. Shame of it is that morons who think life is like a movie - with a neat conclusion in 90 minutes. Newsflash: It isn't.

I'd like to see some substantiation for that.

1:100? My empirical observation has that ratio reversed.

Last edited:

If the inherited wealth can make it past the first round of inheritances then it will likely continue. Many fail when the parton leader that led the family to wealth dies.

I don't plan do be around to find out, but just to make sure I plan on making that impossible. My kids get the tools, that's it.

Forum List

Back