Victory for Trickle Down.......Richest Americans wealth jumps 8%

What gets me is how people like you think you're entitled to their money.

Yes their money...

The ones who told you they had no money when the froze your salary
The ones who said they couldn't afford it when they slashed your health benefits
The ones who told you how hard times were when they fired you

Those are the ones who saw their wealth increase 8% last year

You Poor dumb liberals just hate anyone with money! What a bunch of whiny sissies you are. Create your own job.

It's called jealousy

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The super-rich got even wealthier this year, despite the stumbling economy.

Forbes magazine released its annual list of the 400 richest Americans on Wednesday, and their combined net worth climbed 8% this year, to $1.37 trillion. Wealth rose for 217 members of the list, while 85 saw a decline.

Forbes 400 richest Americans list for 2010: Gates is No. 1 - Sep. 22, 2010

People who know how to get rich still keep doing the things that made them rich? Shocking!

Yes their money...

The ones who said they couldn't afford it when they slashed your health benefits

You Poor dumb liberals just hate anyone with money! What a bunch of whiny sissies you are. Create your own job.

It's called jealousy

Exactly. They don't understand that "wealth" is not a zero sum game. they suffer from a serious "Scarcity" mentality.....

What gets me is how the rich whine and whine about a 2% bump in income tax.

Yes their money...

You sure about that?

I'd like to see specifics. You can start with Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

Yes their money...

You sure about that?

I'd like to see specifics. You can start with Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

He's not even sure what foot his left shoe goes on.

Yes their money...

Look who's whinning.

It is not trickle down it is Suck Up economics.

That's pretty much it.

The Republicans will do anything possible to help the rich and corporate interests.

Reagan and the two Bushes lowered taxes for the rich and created 93% of the National Debt.

The BBC reported startling economic equality figures in a recent documentary: the top 200 wealthiest people in the world control more wealth than the bottom 4 billion. But what is more striking to many is a close look at the economic inequality in the homeland of the "American Dream." The United States is the most economically stratified society in the western world. As THE WALL STREET JOURNAL reported, a recent study found that the top .01% or 14,000 American families hold 22.2% of wealth — the bottom 90%, or over 133 million families, just 4% of the nation's wealth.

Bill Moyers Journal . Steve Fraser on Gilded Ages | PBS

It is not trickle down it is Suck Up economics.

That's pretty much it.

The Republicans will do anything possible to help the rich and corporate interests.

Reagan and the two Bushes lowered taxes for the rich and created 93% of the National Debt.

yea but wealth went up 8% for the rich while it decrease for everyone else under Obama. How do you explain that?

I do not believe that it is an accident that the rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer in the midst of a great recession and high unemployment.

But somehow the profundity of that seems to get lost on the unwashed masses.

IOW this is NOT an accident!

But I still bet that none of you get it.

Wealthy people, often, are wiser with money. They know how to handle money, and so when real estate comes on the market for bargain rates, they can snap it up.

They didn't get rich by living off credit cards and buying crap they couldn't afford. They got rich by being intelligent, making long range plans and carrying out those plans. It was no accident that they got rich, but a result of hard work and lots of planning.

Wealthy people, often, are wiser with money. They know how to handle money, and so when real estate comes on the market for bargain rates, they can snap it up.

They didn't get rich by living off credit cards and buying crap they couldn't afford. They got rich by being intelligent, making long range plans and carrying out those plans. It was no accident that they got rich, but a result of hard work and lots of planning.

they sure didn't get it by sitting back on their as and living off entitlements. They worked for it. Took risks and earned it. That what built America strong.

they sure didn't get it by sitting back on their as and living off entitlements. They worked for it. Took risks and earned it. That what built America strong.

Yep that is the way McCain, Kerry, Bush, etc got their money.

Yep that is the way McCain, Kerry, Bush, etc got their money.

Were they on welfare? I didn't think so.

Lots of them got rich off of credit.

almost exclusively.

Other people's money.

Today's uber rich don't have time to accumulate enough wealth to finance their enterprises. They use other people's money and masquerade as capitalists.

In fact that is THE secret to Warren Buffet's success. His whole empire is based on access to other people's money made possible by his insurance business foundation.

He brags about it in every annual report.

They risked nothing but their credit rating, hardly worked at all and did almost all of that "work" sitting on their ass.

What fantasy world do you live in?

Forum List

Back