Victory for Trickle Down.......Richest Americans wealth jumps 8%

Discussion in 'Economy' started by rightwinger, Sep 22, 2010.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,308
    Richest Americans see 8% jump in total worth, 'Forbes' says - USATODAY.com

The nation's richest Americans have seen a healthy jump in their net worth, even as the economy faces an uncertain recovery.
    The total worth of the 400 members of the Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans rose to an estimated $1.37 trillion in 2010, up 8% from 2009, according to the list released late Wednesday

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    :thup:

3. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    This, unfortunately, is normal for recessions. When the economy is in the crapper, the lowest incomes suffer damnably, but the well off do quite well, thank you very much.

This is not so much trickle down, and those in steerage suffer first and hardest when the boat sinks.

this is so old news, that Adam Smith spent a lot of ink on the subject

When incomes are rising, they rise proportionately fastest in the lowest income levels. Which is why conservatives always argue for a fast raising economy.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  4. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Isn't Hopey Changey fun? We're actually experiencing 'Trickle Up Poverty' at this point. The number of Americans currently living in poverty has now reached it's highest level in the 50yrs of such record-keeping. Rich Americans have basically stayed rich. I don't find that very surprising. I do find the number of Americans currently living in poverty incredibly shocking though. So if you Hopey Changeys are so upset about these things,why don't you just call the White House & Congress and see if your Hopey Changey One,Pelosi,or Reid will schedule a meeting with you to discuss your displeasure over the state of our economy? Hey let us all know how that works out for ya. Good luck.

5. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    What gets me is how the rich whine and whine about a 2% bump in income tax. We heard it in 1993 when Clinton first raised taxes, and we're hearing it again. The DC whores always cut taxes and increase spending instead of vice-versa. I feel sorry for the poor sap who onoy has $999-million instead of that first $billion. not really.

6. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,447
    The rich know how to make money, which is why they're rich in the first place.

Jealousy and envy don't do anybody any good.

7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,447
    What gets me is how people like you think you're entitled to their money.

8. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I find it interesting that Hopey Changey followers get so worked up over some rich people staying rich yet don't show any outrage over their leader presiding over the highest levels of poverty seen in this country in the last 50yrs. Personally i'm much more concerned about that. The rich staying rich really shouldn't surprise anyone. The worst poverty level in the last 50yrs should surprise everyone. It is pretty disturbing no? "Hope & Change" has failed miserably. This is just the truth.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,308
    Yes their money...

The ones who told you they had no money when the froze your salary
    The ones who said they couldn't afford it when they slashed your health benefits
    The ones who told you how hard times were when they fired you

Those are the ones who saw their wealth increase 8% last year

10. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    you might want to consider WHY their net worth is higher now..... this is a measure not of their holdings alone, which are flat, but their cash asset worth has risen........a lot of these folks are cashing out of investments and entrenching for the long haul....why?

well lets see capital gains, dividends taxes etc...are going up, this always happens when tax law is about to undergo huge shifts that will add a higher tax burden later, they pay the 15% now, so they won't have to pay the 25% next year or the year after,.....and put it in protected funds etc.