VICE News "Was Jesus Gay?"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Was Jesus Gay? | VICE | United States

" After the Supreme Court's historic ruling on gay marriage, it seemed like all the proudly homophobic Christians came out of the woodwork to talk about how much they still hate gay people. As a straight Jew, the homophobia amongst Jesus's followers has always struck me as a bit of a surprise: Worshipping at the feet of a ripped, hung man, seems at least a little homoerotic. But it's Jesus himself who lights up my gaydar like a Christmas tree. He's a skinny young otter-like guy, flocked by a mess of dudes, telling everyone to love and care about each other, who later gets the shit beaten out of him by a bunch of closed-minded conservatives who are terrified of change.

As it turns out, this is not a unique theory. Dr. Reverend Bob Shore-Goss, an openly gay senior pastor, has written several books on the subject, including Queering Christ and Jesus ACTED UP: A Gay and Lesbian Manifesto. He holds a doctorate degree in Comparative Religion from Harvard, and he serves on the National Advisory Board of the Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion. Oh, and he believes that Jesus was gay. I got in touch with Reverend Goss, who laid out the Biblical evidence and explained how his theory plays out. "

rest at link

Since SO many wanna talk about gay stuff, fine, let's talk about gay stuff. :)

Someone, I'm not naming any names might be the first person ever on my ignore list.

What a fucking waste of harmless electrons

It wouldn't surprise me if he was.
The made the bible they way they wanted it..
Hell, I saw a thing on the history channel the other day about a banned book that said jesus pushed a kid off a roof and he died. Yep, he was a murdering lunatic at age 5. The story went on to say Jesus resurrected the kid and the kid said jesus didn't do it..
Could jesus control minds? I mean, he could do everything else..

It wouldn't surprise me if he was.
The made the bible they way they wanted it..
Hell, I saw a thing on the history channel the other day about a banned book that said jesus pushed a kid off a roof and he died. Yep, he was a murdering lunatic at age 5. The story went on to say Jesus resurrected the kid and the kid said jesus didn't do it..
Could jesus control minds? I mean, he could do everything else..

"Banned From The Bible" 1 n 2 ya. That's from the Infancy Gospel, just referenced it another thread in fact.

"9. And some days after, Jesus was playing in an upper room of a certain house, and one of the children that were playing with Him fell down from the house, and was killed. And, when the other children saw this, they ran away, and Jesus alone stood still. And the parents of the dead child coming, reproached...and they threatened Him. And Jesus leaped down from the roof, and stood beside the body of the child, and cried with a loud voice, and said: Zeno-for that was his name-stand up, and tell me; did I throw thee down? And he stood up immediately, and said: Certainly not, my lord; thou didst not throw me down, but hast raised me up. And those that saw this were struck with astonishment. And the child's parents glorified God on account of the miracle that had happened, and adored Jesus."
Infancy Gospel of Thomas, First Greek Form (Roberts-Donaldson translation)

gets the shit beaten out of him by a bunch of closed-minded conservatives who are terrified of change.

--- huh?

Who? The Romans?

Last edited by a moderator:

" After the Supreme Court's historic ruling on gay marriage, it seemed like all the proudly homophobic Christians came out of the woodwork to talk about how much they still hate gay people. As a straight Jew, the homophobia amongst Jesus's followers has always struck me as a bit of a surprise: Worshipping at the feet of a ripped, hung man, seems at least a little homoerotic. But it's Jesus himself who lights up my gaydar like a Christmas tree. He's a skinny young otter-like guy, flocked by a mess of dudes, telling everyone to love and care about each other, who later gets the shit beaten out of him by a bunch of closed-minded conservatives who are terrified of change.

As it turns out, this is not a unique theory. Dr. Reverend Bob Shore-Goss, an openly gay senior pastor, has written several books on the subject, including Queering Christ and Jesus ACTED UP: A Gay and Lesbian Manifesto. He holds a doctorate degree in Comparative Religion from Harvard, and he serves on the National Advisory Board of the Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion. Oh, and he believes that Jesus was gay. I got in touch with Reverend Goss, who laid out the Biblical evidence and explained how his theory plays out. "

rest at link

What else would a faggot say?

rest at link

"praise jesus"?

rest at link

How about 'dot his in remembrance of me..' now put my body in your mouth...now swallow my bodily fluids...:)

rest at link

How about 'dot his in remembrance of me..' now put my body in your mouth...now swallow my bodily fluids...:)
You used that out of context, but it was funny nonetheless

rest at link

What else would you expect faggot Dr. Reverend Bob Shore Goss to think.

rest at link

Oh you meant him? I misunderstood. ;)

rest at link

Oh you meant him? I misunderstood. ;)

It's the Trendy/Liberal thing to do, take a person from History and make the case that he or she was gay.

It's a Mental Illness.

rest at link

does it matter?

or do we just want to say that it is unlikely that jesus would approve of the loons using his name to defend bigotry??

The Bible is clear, it's an abomination and some deluded queer's "thoughts" won't change that. Stupid thread

I thought you're Christian?

*your* bible doesn't say word one about gays... mine does. and if you cared about what my bible said, you'd be eating kosher.

but then again, the bible also says people should be stoned to death for mixing two fibers.

should we be doing that, too, in your view?

:lol:

rest at link

does it matter?

or do we just want to say that it is unlikely that jesus would approve of the loons using his name to defend bigotry??
I think it would be a big deal if Jesus was a homo.. but that's just me lol

rest at link

does it matter?

Matters if the people most hostile to homosexuality are CHristians doing so in the name of the reliigon and the religion's central figure turned out to be gay.

*your* bible doesn't say word one about gays... :lol:
Liar. Liviticus 18.22 (KJV) says Man shall not lay with a Man as with a Woman.

The exact quote:
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Forum List

Back