Veterans dying while waiting for VA care on Secret List

CaféAuLait;8984025 said:
They are a lot better than during the period of 1980's-early 2000

This is not just going on in Phoenix.

Tears, angry accusations mark hearing on delayed VA care, deaths

Washington (CNN) -- A bi-partisan group of lawmakers lashed out at officials from the Veterans Affairs Department on Wednesday, accusing the agency of allowing veterans to die from delayed or absent medical care at its facilities and stonewalling a follow-up congressional inquiry.

Tears, angry accusations mark hearing on delayed VA care, deaths - CNN.com

Looks like we are going backwards.

Gosh. If only Congress would appropriate the funds needed to expand patient care.

Yet republicans consistently block such requests.

This has been going on for years... I recall the HIV and HEP C garbage. Thousands infected, and many more scandals.

The sad fact of the matter is, many Vets are used then abused. Such has been happening since the Vietnam War and before.

For those of you who are not veterans shut the fuck up.

For those of you who are veterans and don't appreciate the health care you receive FREE OR AT LOW COST, feel free to disenroll from the system to make room for veterans who deserve care.

You don't.

For those of you who are veterans and don't appreciate the health care you receive FREE OR AT LOW COST, feel free to disenroll from the system to make room for veterans who deserve care.

You don't.

You do know that not all veterans get VA medical benefits, right??

You do also realize that many who do receive them also have other insurance??

Of course not.. ignorant troll

Signed.. a vet

You don't.

Are you the board dictator now? My, my...

"For free" :lmao:

CaféAuLait;8984153 said:

You don't.

I pay nothing for my care at the VA. Zero. Zip. Nada. Including meds.

You don't.

You do know that not all veterans get VA medical benefits, right??

You do also realize that many who do receive them also have other insurance??

Of course not.. ignorant troll

Signed.. a vet

A stupid vet.

Every veteran is entitled to care at the VA.

The sad sobering fact is that Veterans can no longer rely on free Veteran treatment since the convoluted 10,000 page ironically named "affordable care act" clicked in. Nobody knows WTF is going on and Veterans will have to wait until the government can figure it out...if ever.

The ACA has nothing to do with the VA system.

Oh well so much for the leftist meme that governmnt run healthcare works just fine just look at the VA.
Government everywhere and always offers the most expensive least efficient solution to every problem.

NO, they really don't.

Without making any excuse for this hospital, 96,000 Americans die EVERY YEAR because of medical mistakes in private and public hospitals alike.

of course, most of us make mistakes on the job. In health care, mistakes can be fatal.

CaféAuLait;8984153 said:

You don't.

I pay nothing for my care at the VA. Zero. Zip. Nada. Including meds.

You paid with your health, physical and mental if you are a 20 year veteran, this is one reason health care at a low or no premium was offered.

Vets have a higher rate of suicide, alcoholism, and other high risk diseases to include Lou Gehrig's disease.

'Why Me?' Vets Face Much Higher Risk of Lou Gehrig's Disease

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...e-much-higher-risk-lou-gehrigs-disease-n76426

Last edited:
Oh well so much for the leftist meme that governmnt run healthcare works just fine just look at the VA.
Government everywhere and always offers the most expensive least efficient solution to every problem.

NO, they really don't.

Without making any excuse for this hospital, 96,000 Americans die EVERY YEAR because of medical mistakes in private and public hospitals alike.

of course, most of us make mistakes on the job. In health care, mistakes can be fatal.

The OP article was no mistake.

CaféAuLait;8984093 said:
The overload is starting to take affect...but what has not helped is Congress and the budget..

I thought Congress budgeted for the Veterans returning? Or was that a different year?

They did, but they did it badly.

The VA and Army Medical system never calculated that the war would last this long, or that there would be so many soldiers who would be injured but survived.

CaféAuLait;8984058 said:
Looks like we are getting it fixed.

This is not ACA, yoik, it is VA.

What are you going off about?

I have not mentioned the ACA, l answered Moon, about how bad VA care was several years back.

Then stay on track. Yes, Phoenix is problem. VA is far better now than 10 years ago.

I am hoping the DA can come up with criminal charges on the VA directors there. They need to go to prison for a long time.

I was on track. You assumed I was speaking about something else.

If you read the links CNN has been doing this investigation for sometime now, and the 40 dead, is just an addition to many other issues they are uncovering. Many of which are causing death by way of simple tests being cancelled which ended up to many cases of cancer not being diagnosed in time to save Vets. It's not just the Phoenix VA.

I agree something needs to be done but it must be more than VA directors, IG Teams inspecting them knew of it too and allowed it to continue. Not to mention the FACT this one woman, (Sharon Helman) fudging numbers was removed from a Washington State VA for doing the same thing, fudging numbers, but there she was fudging appointment and the number of suicides by Vets. Which was BIG news, they moved the problem, just like the Catholic Church moving pedophiles, they moved this woman as if she never existed and KNEW what she was doing before. IG Teams knew too. So, no, its not getting 'better' we are regressing.

http://whnt.com/2014/04/24/deaths-of-40-u-s-veterans-tied-to-vas-secret-list/

Last edited:

You don't.

Hey Howey, Im not a veteran. Fuck you.

The article shows simply that government does not deliver anything cheaply or efficiently. Period.

CaféAuLait;8984025 said:
They are a lot better than during the period of 1980's-early 2000

This is not just going on in Phoenix.

Tears, angry accusations mark hearing on delayed VA care, deaths

Washington (CNN) -- A bi-partisan group of lawmakers lashed out at officials from the Veterans Affairs Department on Wednesday, accusing the agency of allowing veterans to die from delayed or absent medical care at its facilities and stonewalling a follow-up congressional inquiry.

Tears, angry accusations mark hearing on delayed VA care, deaths - CNN.com

Looks like we are going backwards.

Gosh. If only Congress would appropriate the funds needed to expand patient care.

Yet republicans consistently block such requests.

^^The Left's solution to everything: SPend more money.

Most of the wounded happened under Bush and the GOP. They funded war, but fuck the cannon fodder? Seems that's how they view the wounded warriors.

And they are really helping today. By blocking everything the Democrats do to help. Blocking food stamps for disabled veterans. Blocking jobs bills for veterans. And the nasty fuckers try to blame it on Obama and the Democrats? Despicable. Truly despicable.

You don't.

Hey Howey, Im not a veteran. Fuck you.

The article shows simply that government does not deliver anything cheaply or efficiently. Period.

As long as Republicans are fighting every step of the way.

This makes me mad as our vets deserve heath care, they volunteer to give we the people years of their lives and will fight to protect us and our country...

but this is a good look at what's coming at you with, OscamCare...which was their plan for you all along

and you laughed when death panels was brought up

are you laughing now?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back