Veterans Day

grunt11b

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2011
In Reality
To the Veterans on this board from another Veteran, Happy Veterans Day! If you're not at work today "Like I will be shortly" buy you some steaks, grill out and have a few beers...you earned it!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN2W429x_oA]Veterans Day 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

The History department at the local university sponsored these two guys to come speak on campus tonight. Both Veterans of the landing at Iwo Jima. The gentleman on left was a Marine tank driver (17 at the time), the one on the right was 19 and drove an amphibious landing craft (Navy Corpsman). He was in four campaigns including Guam and Iwo Jima. On one approach his transport hit a mine killing all 38 Marines on board. He was the only survivor.

James Jones' daughter was in the audience. Some other Veterans and active duty personnel were also there. Asweome evening. :thup:

vets.jpg

Happy Veterans Day for all my fellow Veterans. Veterans Day is every day in a sense.

As a Veteran and a Division Commander of The American Legion, I participated in two programs today. I will participate in two more Saturday, and two Monday, Veterans Day.

Tomorrow I serve as Chaplain at a military funeral, and it will be my second this week in our rural, small town area. Veterans serve other Veterans, and that's what I try to do. We need to all be more open about thanking Veterans and the families who were left at home.

Forum List

Back