Veteran suicides

Suicide is a mysterious process. People and animals do it when they have no escape. Even then they are rarely successful. A veteran may find an escape from life's impossibility in the well organized military environment. But once leaving that, there is nothing for him to escape to. Very interesting question.

It's not just PTSD vets who are being neglected. So are vets with TBIs.

Also suicide factors include- but are not limited to = chemical imbalances , family and social problems , financial problems , spouse & relationship problems , loss of job , extreme or sudden changes in life or work .

Me - I have had people push me one direction, and them another. Multiple illusion games played with me at work, verbally disciplined harshly for the smallest matter, I put my vacation in this year for the middle if this current October and I was told my vacation is now the end of the month...... Which I am on now.

Paperwork games at Gate one where I work, and my paperwork and scale tickets being shuffled around misfiled .

There is such a thing as people trying to force a person to commit suicide to.

Shadow 355

And the GOP wants to cut veterans' benefits.

I have already had mine cut.

My job was contracted out in the year 2010.

I lost about $900.00 a month income.

I lost my shift differential pay.

I have to pay for my own insurance, and last year for about 7 months straight i got insurance bills where the contract company I work for - whom takes the insurance payments out of my check, did not pay the insurance premium. I got a bill last month.... Again my insurance premium was not paid- but the money was taken out of my check .

I lost three weeks paid vacation. The first week I did get by the new contract company since the year 2012 - I had to pay for the first week out of my own pocket; no vacation check.

Again, recently we have about 30 to 40 shifts of overtime a month. Some people do not have to work overtime- and when they do they work so it benefits them - like grave shift , or they work all , most of their overtime at Gate 3; which that part of the instillation is shut down. Overtime for setting in a gate doing nothing - sometimes they take two and three shifts in a row at Gate 3 ; and the shift supervisors do not do a thing about it .

Complain about an event, preferential treatment , wrong doing , or favoritism within the department ...... and the four shift supervisors do not do anything.

I lost income for yearly safety bonuses.

I lost my retirement .

I lost my medical insurance.

I lost my company seniority.

I lost my 401k savings.

I have been raked over the coals the past 15 years. Done wrong and stabbed in the back. Upper management does not seem to care. They work 5 days a week with weekends and holidays off. Us lowly personnel are the ones whom are hurting.

Shadow 355

What comes from realizing you were duped into joining up in the first place then became the private thugs for some corporation protecting their interests somewhere.

Shut the FUCK UP Dumbass.

Suicide is rampant today because of two things:

First and foremost, the separation of the individual from God. Thus rendering the individual ALONE... therefore setting the individual into HOPELESSNESS!

Second, the litany of addled, irrational notions common to the Ideological Left wherein everyone is entitled to everything and that whatever it is one wants must be acquired NOW or if it's not, then it's not FAIR, which is supplemented by an endless train of drugs, which drive the individual farther from viability, thus closer to catastrophe.
Well, aren't you deep deep deep into denial. Of course, you've just given yourself a self-deluding "out" from having to recognize that vets need more in the way of services and support from the very government/people they put their lives on the line for.

What comes from realizing you were duped into joining up in the first place then became the private thugs for some corporation protecting their interests somewhere.

Shut the FUCK UP Dumbass.

Suicide is rampant today because of two things:

First and foremost, the separation of the individual from God. Thus rendering the individual ALONE... therefore setting the individual into HOPELESSNESS!

Second, the litany of addled, irrational notions common to the Ideological Left wherein everyone is entitled to everything and that whatever it is one wants must be acquired NOW or if it's not, then it's not FAIR, which is supplemented by an endless train of drugs, which drive the individual farther from viability, thus closer to catastrophe.
Well, aren't you deep deep deep into denial. Of course, you've just given yourself a self-deluding "out" from having to recognize that vets need more in the way of services and support from the very government/people they put their lives on the line for.

I most likely need an MRI scan for my left shoulder.

My now poor insurance will not let me do that , or if I do get an MRI ; I will get bills long after I have paid the bill off .

Shadow 355

Better late than never...

Obama Signs Bill to Improve VA Crisis Hotline
Nov 29, 2016 | WASHINGTON — President Obama has signed into law a bill that seeks to ensure all calls delivered through a VA's crisis line get answered.
President Barack Obama has signed into law a bill that seeks to ensure all telephone calls and other communications delivered through a Department of Veterans Affairs' crisis line get answered in a timely manner by a qualified person.

The legislation signed Monday comes after federal investigators substantiated allegations that some calls went into a voicemail system and that some veterans didn't get immediate assistance.

The bill creates a quality assurance process. It requires the VA to develop a plan to ensure any communication to the crisis line or a backup center is quickly handled by someone in accordance with guidance established by the American Association of Suicidology.

Rep. David Young, R-Iowa, the bill's sponsor, says those who sacrificed in defense of "our freedoms" deserve the best mental health care possible.

Obama Signs Bill to Improve VA Crisis Hotline | Military.com

Forum List

Back