Veteran: God Put Obama 'Here Just Like He Did Moses'

Moses' followers were willing to work for a living.

Big diff.

You haven't read your Bible, have you? They got the old timey equivalent of food stamps (Manna) and water from rocks. They had a paternal God showing them where to go and protecting them from all dangers. They were completely and totally encapsulated within the embrace of a loving benefactor.

You haven't read all scriptures, God did let them get inslaved for sometime.

You haven't read your Bible, have you? They got the old timey equivalent of food stamps (Manna) and water from rocks. They had a paternal God showing them where to go and protecting them from all dangers. They were completely and totally encapsulated within the embrace of a loving benefactor.

They worked like... slaves.

You are way out of your league, commie.

Uh..no. Actually I'm not. I've been a Christian since 1973 and have taught Bible study and/or Sunday School for more than 20 years.

How about you?

Then you did know that the Jews toiled as slaves and you are just being obtuse?

Big diff.

You haven't read all scriptures, God did let them get inslaved for sometime.

Yup. He let them be enslaved in Egypt for several hundred years so that He could reveal Himself to them, and us, as the one, true God. And, He let them become enslaved again during the Babylonian captivity as a method of chastisement for their refusal to repent.

I'm happy for people like that, for them getting to see a dream fulfilled in their lifetimes.

I'm happy for young people of color for getting to see such vistas of possibility for themselves.

I think it's tragic that the person who filled that historic slot is so dishonest, and many of his supporters are nauseating because of why they support him, beginning with Harry Reid and why he tapped Obama for the presidential trajectory. But stories like the one in the OP are still heartwarming.

What does that mean?

You're not familiar with Reid saying Obama could be electable because he was "light-skinned" and had "no Negro dialect unless he wanted to have one"?

Obama was pushed forward because he gave a good speech. A lot of flowery lies. Little substance, no idea what to do about the stagnant economy and the ballooning debt, but isn't it wonderful that we made history.

As I recall, the Tuskegee Airmen worked pretty damn hard for this country.

It's so nice to see liberal commies, like you, actually recognize black veterans. Thank you so very much.

Now, will you recognize MY service as a black man, or that of my Father, one of the very first Black Staff Officers in the United States Air Force - because I can promise you, I, and I'm quite sure that my deceased Father would agree, that we neither subscribe nor would we support that gentlemans views on Obama. Not for one second.

Or, do you only throw out lip service to the "black veteran" because he, like you, is an Obama kook-aid drinker? He serves YOUR purpose while conservative blacks are "uncle toms". I see right through your self-righteous nonsense.

I'm happy for people like that, for them getting to see a dream fulfilled in their lifetimes.

I'm happy for young people of color for getting to see such vistas of possibility for themselves.

I think it's tragic that the person who filled that historic slot is so dishonest, and many of his supporters are nauseating because of why they support him, beginning with Harry Reid and why he tapped Obama for the presidential trajectory. But stories like the one in the OP are still heartwarming.

What does that mean?

You're not familiar with Reid saying Obama could be electable because he was "light-skinned" and had "no Negro dialect unless he wanted to have one"?

Obama was pushed forward because he gave a good speech. A lot of flowery lies. Little substance, no idea what to do about the stagnant economy and the ballooning debt, but isn't it wonderful that we made history.

Reid apologizes for racial remarks about Obama during campaign - CNN

Actually, John Kerry was the one most instrumental in talking Obama into running for president.

Uh..no. Actually I'm not. I've been a Christian since 1973 and have taught Bible study and/or Sunday School for more than 20 years.

How about you?

Before I enter into a debate with you, I'd like to hear your credentials. I gave you part of mine. What's yours?

I ask this not to belittle or embarrass you, but to follow the exhortations of the Apostle Paul:

But foolish and ignorant questions avoid, knowing that they do produce strifes.---II Tim 2:23

Him that is weak in the faith receive you, but not to doubtful disputations.---Rom 14:1

Now, will you recognize MY service as a black man, or that of my Father, one of the very first Black Staff Officers in the United States Air Force - because I can promise you, I, and I'm quite sure that my deceased Father would agree, that we neither subscribe nor would we support that gentlemans views on Obama. Not for one second.

Now, will you recognize MY service as a liberal Veteran of Co. C, 2/1 Infantry, 196th Light Infantry Brigade in Vietnam, or that of my Father, a true "yellow-dog Democrat" and Veteran of the 36th Signal Company from North Africa, through Italy and Southern France and on across Germany to Austria--because I can promise you, I, and I'm quite sure that my deceased Father would agree, that we neither subscribe nor would we support the modern-day, pro-corporate, "conservative" Republican Party. Not for one second.

How about you?

Before I enter into a debate with you, I'd like to hear your credentials. I gave you part of mine. What's yours?

I ask this not to belittle or embarrass you, but to follow the exhortations of the Apostle Paul:

But foolish and ignorant questions avoid, knowing that they do produce strifes.---II Tim 2:23

Him that is weak in the faith receive you, but not to doubtful disputations.---Rom 14:1

You lied and got drilled, and the moderator deleted my post telling you what I really think about your dishonesty.

LOL

You lied and got drilled, and the moderator deleted my post telling you what I really think about your dishonesty.

LOL

Leaving aside the flaming that got you deleted...what dishonesty?

What does that mean?

Actually, John Kerry was the one most instrumental in talking Obama into running for president.

Apology doesn't change what he said. It is the basis of why power players supported him when he had an embarrassingly thin resume. And people jumped on and rode that bandwagon into history and are now paying the price.

But I'm still happy for the veterans in that article and the pride they feel in Obama. I don't blame them for their feelings. Their feelings are very understandable.

Big diff.

My guess is, later in the thread you will feign ignorance that Moses' followers worked as slaves once I correct you.

My guess is, later in the thread you will feign ignorance that Moses' followers worked as slaves once I correct you.

Your guess would be wrong, I think. I've already said this:

"Yup. He let them be enslaved in Egypt for several hundred years so that He could reveal Himself to them, and us, as the one, true God. And, He let them become enslaved again during the Babylonian captivity as a method of chastisement for their refusal to repent."

"Yup. He let them be enslaved in Egypt for several hundred years so that He could reveal Himself to them, and us, as the one, true God. And, He let them become enslaved again during the Babylonian captivity as a method of chastisement for their refusal to repent."

That you agreed with my take after telling me I don't know that the bible says proves that you do not 'think' at all.

That you agreed with my take after telling me I don't know that the bible says proves that you do not 'think' at all.

:confused::confused::confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

I need to dumb it down for you, obviously.

Were the people who were to follow Moses used to hard work?

Apology doesn't change what he said. It is the basis of why power players supported him when he had an embarrassingly thin resume. And people jumped on and rode that bandwagon into history and are now paying the price.

But I'm still happy for the veterans in that article and the pride they feel in Obama. I don't blame them for their feelings. Their feelings are very understandable.

What "price" would that be? Cleaning up Bush's mess? Bandwagon? You mean like the Romney/Ryan bandwagon?

What "price" would that be? Cleaning up Bush's mess?

The price is a sluggish recovery instead of the robust recovery we could have had.

Forum List

Back