Very informative "Thoughts from a Recovering Racist"

So do you appreciate that when you speak in generalities you can unintentionally come across as sounding racist?

I am assuming that isn't your intention. Given that the only means anyone here has of making a determination is based entirely on what you post do you agree that being more precise would be a better reflection of who you are when you are dealing with volatile issues?

Would you rephrase your original statement to something like there were unscrupulous individuals who exploited the situation by looting and pillaging for their own personal gain? Because that would be a more accurate reflection of what happened. All races were present in both the protests and the criminal activities. I am sure that you agree that the actions of the looters were not a reflection of those who were there to exercise their rights to protest.

And yes, I understand that you made a statement with your avi but upon reflection what is it telling others about who you are? If you want everyone to be an American then shouldn't you be setting an example instead?

We the People depend upon each other to uphold our rights. That is what the vast majority of the people in Ferguson were doing when they were out there protesting. I would have been with them if I was there.
To someone who's looking to equate Conservatism with racism, yes, but I have zero respect for people who need to see racism in every conversation.
No I won't rephrase my statement. I used the word "blacks" because nearly 100% of the people who were engaged in looting and burning were black.
Had I said something like blacks expect Conservatives to pay their rent, THAT would be a generalization. In fact, "Democrats" would be an more appropriate word in that case.

The avi? What is it telling others? If you or others want it to tell you I'm a racist, so be it. I don't much give a shit what you and assclap think.

You're absolutely right We the People do depend on one another for our rights. You are also right that the majority of the protesters were not looting or burning, but no, although I marched in support of equal rights and MLK, protesting the death of a thug that got shot trying to disarm a police officer is not worthy of my effort and I have zero sympathy except towards his parents. I would not have joined the throng in Ferguson not only because I disagree with the cause but also because as a white man, I would have been in danger. If you doubt me, go here: whites beaten in Ferguson - Google Search and educate yourself.
Find me a cause worthy of my time and I may just stand with you.
Yet you ignore the rioters and looters in Berkeley that were indeed white.
Those few whites in a few photos in one store? In Berkley?
You should diversify your news sources and search for the truth. Being blinded by hate only shows you are a low info who with tunnel vision who ignores the truth.
The whites rioting in Berkley are the anarchists who travel around California to take advantage of an unrest. They are largely irrelevant in situations where race is a factor, other than for the liberal media's useful idiots to point at and say, "See there are whites involved too."
So tell me, SaltyNutz, does MSNBC pass out free Skittles? Or do they use you for free?
So that makes it okay? LOL...why do you excuse poor behavior by whites?

By their black family, black friends, black church, black teachers, black kids in class? Yeah I guess whitey makes them isolate themselves like that.
No by society at large primarily whites.
If blacks isolate themselves in areas where they come into contact with very few whites, how is that the fault of the whites?
Come on man! You're smarter than that.
Who taught you its ok to discriminate against someone because they dont want to hang out with you?
How could I discriminate against someone I have no contact with?

I take it back. You're NOT smarter than that.
You couldnt. You have no power. i am talking about the white race as a whole. You arent too bright are you?
Sorry pal. Your brain has been atrophied by the cheap wine. You're not worth my time.

And they are discriminated against.
By their black family, black friends, black church, black teachers, black kids in class? Yeah I guess whitey makes them isolate themselves like that.
If blacks isolate themselves in areas where they come into contact with very few whites, how is that the fault of the whites?
Who taught you its ok to discriminate against someone because they dont want to hang out with you?

You will discriminate by not totally and unconditionally accepting that you're a racist and prostrating yourself to make amends.

It makes no difference if your family had slaves or were even in this nation during a time when slavery was legal. If you're white, you're a racist. (And, of course, you're a racist if you point out that anyone who judges people by their skin color is a racist, not just whites.

To someone who's looking to equate Conservatism with racism, yes, but I have zero respect for people who need to see racism in every conversation.
No I won't rephrase my statement. I used the word "blacks" because nearly 100% of the people who were engaged in looting and burning were black.
Had I said something like blacks expect Conservatives to pay their rent, THAT would be a generalization. In fact, "Democrats" would be an more appropriate word in that case.

The avi? What is it telling others? If you or others want it to tell you I'm a racist, so be it. I don't much give a shit what you and assclap think.

You're absolutely right We the People do depend on one another for our rights. You are also right that the majority of the protesters were not looting or burning, but no, although I marched in support of equal rights and MLK, protesting the death of a thug that got shot trying to disarm a police officer is not worthy of my effort and I have zero sympathy except towards his parents. I would not have joined the throng in Ferguson not only because I disagree with the cause but also because as a white man, I would have been in danger. If you doubt me, go here: whites beaten in Ferguson - Google Search and educate yourself.
Find me a cause worthy of my time and I may just stand with you.
You should diversify your news sources and search for the truth. Being blinded by hate only shows you are a low info who with tunnel vision who ignores the truth.
The whites rioting in Berkley are the anarchists who travel around California to take advantage of an unrest. They are largely irrelevant in situations where race is a factor, other than for the liberal media's useful idiots to point at and say, "See there are whites involved too."
So tell me, SaltyNutz, does MSNBC pass out free Skittles? Or do they use you for free?
When did I excuse their behavior? I said they were largely irrelevant, just like you, Jake.

You couldnt. You have no power. i am talking about the white race as a whole. You arent too bright are you?
Sorry pal. Your brain has been atrophied by the cheap wine. You're not worth my time.
Your brain has been atrophied by meth. You are lucky I even gave your post consideration.

Sure you dismissed their behavior. That is why you can only focus on the darkies...you are so full of hate, you ignore the barbarism of white folk.
When did I excuse their behavior? I said they were largely irrelevant, just like you, Jake.

You will discriminate by not totally and unconditionally accepting that you're a racist and prostrating yourself to make amends.

It makes no difference if your family had slaves or were even in this nation during a time when slavery was legal. If you're white, you're a racist. (And, of course, you're a racist if you point out that anyone who judges people by their skin color is a racist, not just whites.
Thats not true. I have a white god daughter and she and her family definitely are not racist. Neither is the family of my oldest daughter who is biracial.

Sure you dismissed their behavior. That is why you can only focus on the darkies...you are so full of hate, you ignore the barbarism of white folk.
Fucked up the quotes, Jake. MSNBC passing out Prometh with those Skittles?

The subject is racial unrest where 99% of the looters are black. THAT'S why I'm concentrating on the "darkies". I'm in not way full of hate towards blacks. If you have any questions about that, please address them towards my second wife.

The subject is racial unrest where 99% of the looters are black. THAT'S why I'm concentrating on the "darkies". I'm in not way full of hate towards blacks. If you have any questions about that, please address them towards my second wife.
I see you have problems maintaining relationships. Sort of telling by your persona here.

Calling Black people darkies belies your assertion. Just let out the cave monkey in you. The gig is up. We already know you harbor racist thoughts.

Calling Black people darkies belies your assertion. Just let out the cave monkey in you. The gig is up. We already know you harbor racist thoughts.
He was replying to me...I used that term.

You must be new. He has said worse. Note his skittles reference.

You must be new. He has said worse. Note his skittles reference.
I kniw of Ernie..look at my name...been in many a discussion with him...and yes he is a racist to the core. All he focuses on is the evil black man. I was just being fair...that was my term.

Forum List

Back