Vermont Going To Single Payer By 2017. Kicking Health Insurance Companies Out

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Is it only a matter of time before the nation follows suit?

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers Dead

Under a single-payer system, there is no role for health insurance companies such as Aetna and Cigna as the government pays all the medical bills. Many hope that the United States will implement a single-payer system.

In Canada, the pay for medical doctors is about 50% lower. In Norway, it is nearly two-thirds lower.

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers To Be History - TheStreet

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.
Why anyone thinks this is an advance is beyond me.

I agree.

Also when they have more people taking the "free" HC then they have paying for it and taxes go up to cover the costs you can bet your ass the taxpayers in Vt. will catch a clue.

Single payer is not an advance. Its a way for those who have to pay for those who don't. Just like the ACA.

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.
Why anyone thinks this is an advance is beyond me.
The bordering states around Vermont are going to get an influx of medical professionals.

Single payer systems always pay below the market value for services. What doctor, nurse, or other professional will willingly take a 50% or more cut in compensation?

This shouldn't surprise any New Englander. Vermont is about as Leftist as you get on a large number of issues. This will be a massive failure, as employees and medical staff head for the borders like rats fleeing a sinking ship. They're trying to one-up those of us here in Massachusetts who have had to deal with the failed results of Romney-Care for a number of years now. Glad I don't live in Vermont and this will just further increase my resolve not to step foot in that state.

This shouldn't surprise any New Englander. Vermont is about as Leftist as you get on a large number of issues. This will be a massive failure, as employees and medical staff head for the borders like rats fleeing a sinking ship. They're trying to one-up those of us here in Massachusetts who have had to deal with the failed results of Romney-Care for a number of years now. Glad I don't live in Vermont and this will just further increase my resolve not to step foot in that state.

You have resolved to never step foot in Vermont?

... as employees and medical staff head for the borders like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

Well, maybe the Central Authority can step in and forbid those people from working in other states. Make it some kind of criminal act to ever practice medicine outside of state borders.

That'll teach 'em to think for themselves.

:rock:

Having a third party, an insurance company, paying the health care bills of the consumers instead of the consumers paying for and being responsible for their own health care is about as inefficient system fullof waste and fraud as there could ever be.
Until government enters the picture and fully assumes that role. Single payer in America with plaintiffs lawyers running up the tab as high as they can telling their clients to go to the doctor non stop to raise the damages on their accident cases.
We have become a nation of village idiots.
Health care costs will either skyrocket in Vermont or doctors will leave or not go there to practice when they first get their license. Or both.
Whatever happened to folks taking responsibility for their own health care? They have cash for their toys. Sell them and pay for your own damn health care.

Last edited:
The fuck is wrong with you right wing nutters. If any state tries to provide for its citizens in a manner that you right wing whackos don't like, all you can do is root for failure. You people are fucked up.

Yeah, those of us that said Obamacare was the single payer trojan horse were right again. Leftists that denied it was and called us knuckle draggers were wrong.

Liberals are such pieces of shit.

Results count. The Canadians and Europeans live longer than we do, have better overall health, and a far lower infant mortality. Yet we pay much more for our inadaquete healthcare than they do.

The state of Vermont has fewer people in it than most of our Congressional Districts. They are not putting any national company out of business. If they can afford it, more power to them, but they are politically and economically insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Results count. The Canadians and Europeans live longer than we do, have better overall health, and a far lower infant mortality. Yet we pay much more for our inadaquete healthcare than they do.

They have a higher QUANTITY of life but a much lower QUALITY of life. I'll take the QUALITY, thank you very much.

My, my! You are quite the patriot! And you have an awesome command of the written word. A double threat!

Not a Patriot, juat an idealist. A simply man who actually believes in walking the talk and living the things he believes in. Once this goes into effect, I would not be able to get medical care in Vermont, so there's no chance that I could ever go there.

They have a higher QUANTITY of life but a much lower QUALITY of life. I'll take the QUALITY, thank you very much.

I wonder what would happen if I asked you to prove that they have a lower quality of life?

And.....you might be the first person I have ever heard say that too much life isn't a good thing.

Forum List

Back