Verizon DSL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jackass, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ok..my AOL finally ends in 2 months. I am thinking of switching to Verizon DSL at the end of the month. Anyone have any experience with DSL and or Verizon DSL they want to share any thoughts with?? Thanks!

2. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know, but a friend of mine said she did it and now has no computer, she claims that installing that brought down everything and she lost everything! who knows.

3. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Chuck, many of my clients use verizon dsl and it works pretty well, just be aware there are different speed packages you can choose from !

Check the upload and download speed combos ! (cable is much better though)

4. wonderwench

wonderwench Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had DSL for four years - first it was with DNAI which was bought by some company, the name of which I cannot recall. The second company sold its DSL business to Broadview Networks. I have been really happy with the service - even through all of the transitions. The customer and technical support at Broadview is terrific. I hear horror stories from people who get DSL directly from a phone company - so I am rather leary of that option.

5. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Chuck trust me, go with Verizon, keep in mind they own the infrastructure, and when a physical repair needs to be made, leased carriers stand in line behind verizon customers !

6. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    You'll do ok if you go with verizon. But cable will be similarly priced for a much better package. Either one is better than AOHell.

7. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes Jim is right for a couple of extra bucks cable blows it away ! Especially if you are more than a couple of thousand feet from a Verizon CO.

8. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    How much is cable nowadays? The Verizon DSL is only 29.95 a month for 2 month then just 32.95 I think.

9. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Cable you be about $40 a month.

10. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I believe Verizon has a package that's like 1500/128 for that 29.95.

When I had them a couple of years ago I had the 640/90 package. I hear they are very stable lately and have good email and newsgroups.

1500/128 with Verizon is a steal compared to 56/?? with AOL for just a few dollars more!