Velvet Revolver

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Anyone heard of them yet? It looks like a sort of hybrid between Slash from GNR and Stone Temple Pilots. I've only heard the first single, but I'm a little disappointed, I expected it to be more of a melding of sounds than just Slash playing a Slash solo over a Stone Temple Pilots riff.

yes I have heard them and I think they SUCK !! Sorry don't flame me just my opinion ! :p:

Sandy I'm gonna flame you!!! :flameth:

:D j/k

I personally like the first single. Actually, I had no idea who was in the band, but I liked the sound. It wasn't until I got on the band's website that I figured out who the members were. (For those that don't know, it's Slash, and the bass/drummer from Guns'n'Roses, Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots, and the guitarist from Jane's Addiction.) I will probably buy the CD - which is big for me since I only buy 6-7 CD's a year.

Dan, I can understand the disappointment. When Audioslave first came out, I was expecting something totally different, based on who was in the band. When they released their first album, I was disappointed, because it was different from my expectation. I've since grown to like them. But with parts of STP, GnR, and Jane's Addiction coming together, there's certainly a big expectation there.

I burned the album a couple months ago, and I'm really pretty disappointed. "Fall to Pieces" was a really awesome song, no argument there, hands-down the best song on the album, but the rest of the album sort of seemed like a band trying really hard to sound like "Appetite"-era GNR. Looking back, it was silly for me to be disappointed, but the album on the whole was a bit of a let-down. That said, if they put out another album, I'll definitely check it out.

Forum List

Back