Vax update - Charles gets cancer

My wife went through it last year. It was Stage 2 Breast Cancer.
They are very good but you still go through hell

I trust she’s recovered now.

The King will be getting outpatient treatment immediately.

what other cancers cause an enlarged prostate?? Or are you thinking they found whatever cancer when evaluating his prostate??
Sounds like it to me. Another cancer was found during his surgery for prostate cancer. I worry about the Royals' health and wish and hope for the best outcomes.

Just days after being discharged from hospital for treatment of a non-cancerous enlarged prostate, it has been revealed King Charles III also has cancer. The cancer was discovered during tests the monarch underwent during his hospital stay, which identified a “separate issue of concern”.

The King’s enlarged prostate was disclosed by Buckingham Palace on January 17th, the same day it was revealed the future Queen, Princess Kate, had undergone abdominal surgery for an undisclosed ailment. It rapidly became apparent the Princess’ surgery had been a major one, and she spent 13 days recovering in hospital and is expected to spend months more convalescing.

The King’s enlarged prostate was disclosed by Buckingham Palace on January 17th, the same day it was revealed the future Queen, Princess Kate, had undergone abdominal surgery for an undisclosed ailment. It rapidly became apparent the Princess’ surgery had been a major one, and she spent 13 days recovering in hospital and is expected to spend months more convalescing.

The disclosure about the health of the Royals is highly unusual from a house that until recently kept such information under tight control, but the change is down to a King wishing to be more open. Indeed, Buckingham Palace said of the original treatment for the enlarged prostate that it was disclosed in the hope of encouraging more men to seek treatment, and a similar message was released today. The Palace said this afternoon: “His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”

Last edited:
Sounds like it to me. Another cancer was found during his surgery for prostate cancer. I worry about the Royals' health and wish and hope for the best outcomes.

The disclosure about the health of the Royals is highly unusual from a house that until recently kept such information under tight control, but the change is down to a King wishing to be more open. Indeed, Buckingham Palace said of the original treatment for the enlarged prostate that it was disclosed in the hope of encouraging more men to seek treatment, and a similar message was released today. The Palace said this afternoon: “His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”
Cancer sucks. But this guy is a thousand years old. Not the way anyone wants to go out. But c'mon! If not cancer, what? I feel more sorrow for the kids stricken with this affliction, than this guy who has outlived most of his peers. If this guy hasn't lived a full life: no one has...

I have just learned that cancer should be left untreated, if tumors are small and benign. Surgically removing tumors will make it worse as cancer cells spread further. Cancer medication can be toxic and shorten one's life span as well.

Cancer sucks. But this guy is a thousand years old. Not the way anyone wants to go out. But c'mon! If not cancer, what? I feel more sorrow for the kids stricken with this affliction, than this guy who has outlived most of his peers. If this guy hasn't lived a full life: no one has...
I feel sadness when I read anyone has cancer. I also feel deep sadness for Princess Kate whose stomach surgery has turned into something not at all expected.

I have just learned that cancer should be left untreated, if tumors are small and benign. Surgically removing tumors will make it worse as cancer cells spread further. Cancer medication can be toxic and shorten one's life span as well.

Why I don’t take medical advice from internet message boards

It’s not like the United States. Where you know everything about your heads of state.

That being said, King Charles was very open to the public, about his prostate condition. And that’s a first.

If this cancer is in very early stages, the prognosis is good. Cancer treatment has improved considerably over the past 20 years.

It is likely not in the very early stages or there wouldn't be on-going treatment following a hospitalization. Hopefully it is contained enough that he just has to do radiation though.

What does he have?

It's not known yet.

"The exact type of cancer has not been revealed and no further details are expected at this stage. A royal source told CNN that it was not prostate cancer but did not specify further.

Specific medical conditions of members of the royal family are rarely divulged publicly. The palace’s perspective is that they are entitled to some level of medical privacy despite their positions as public servants. That was the case with the initial diagnosis of an enlarged prostate. But Charles opted to share his diagnosis as he wanted to encourage other men who may be experiencing symptoms to get checked.

The situation is different when a condition could affect public duties. At that point, the palace has a duty to reveal what is going on, which is why a statement was issued on Monday evening"

Sounds like he ate, drank, and smoked his way into being a burden

It's not known yet.

"The exact type of cancer has not been revealed and no further details are expected at this stage. A royal source told CNN that it was not prostate cancer but did not specify further.

Specific medical conditions of members of the royal family are rarely divulged publicly. The palace’s perspective is that they are entitled to some level of medical privacy despite their positions as public servants. That was the case with the initial diagnosis of an enlarged prostate. But Charles opted to share his diagnosis as he wanted to encourage other men who may be experiencing symptoms to get checked.

The situation is different when a condition could affect public duties. At that point, the palace has a duty to reveal what is going on, which is why a statement was issued on Monday evening"
cancer of the Prostate is---GENERALLY----cancer of the prostate. The organ is a dense blob of a whole bunch of PROSTATE cells which are prone to becoming cancerous in advanced age. -----it can be graded as to its level
of malignancy---ie---prone to be metastatic.

cancer of the Prostate is---GENERALLY----cancer of the prostate. The organ is a dense blob of a whole bunch of PROSTATE cells which are prone to becoming cancerous in advanced age. -----it can be graded as to its level
of malignancy---ie---prone to be metastatic.

Did the palace doctors say it was cancer of the prostate? I read it was only an enlarged prostate....

do you have a link where it says he has prostate cancer? thanks

Did the palace doctors say it was cancer of the prostate? I read it was only an enlarged prostate....

do you have a link where it says he has prostate cancer? thanks
sheeeesh I read it SOMEWHERE and it showed up a "latest news"
on ??? some news station as a subtitle----cancer. Not to worry--
there are many VERY effective treatments. The danger is NOT MAKING
THE DIAGNOSIS early enough----not likely in his case

Forum List

Back